“Murder mystery dinner and bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #10 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Bloomfield, Missouri
“Murder mystery dinner and bed and breakfast”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My friend and I attended the murder mystery dinner. The show was a blast, and we had a great time. The soup was delicious, unlike the rest of the meal. The salad tasted like it had a mayo dressing on it, and the main course was some kind of beef and chicken that was pretty well tasteless. The dessert was like eating a bowl of whipcream. The waiters were nice and friendly. Our room was the Lewis Lemp suite. It was so hot in there!! We had a window unit, but I don't think it was working properly. We couldn't hardly get any stations on the tv except sports channels and infomercials. The bed was suppose to be a queen size bed, but it was really small. I ended up with a backache and neckache. We paid $205.00 for this room. Our "continental breakfast" consisted of 2 packaged muffins, a bag of chocolate chip cookies, bag of chips, Nutrigrain bar, granola bar, and two warm bottles of V-8 juice and water. We were locked in the home without staff all night long, and told that if we needed to come and go, to use the back door. We were given keys and told that we would be charged $50.00 if we lost them. The staff was still gone when we left the next morning. We left the keys where anyone left in the house could take them if they wanted to, because there was nowhere to leave them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank TChristian75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Olathe, KS
Reviewed June 6, 2010

If you are lactose intollerent then this isn't the place for you. The food has cheese as well as the show. Below average food quality and poor service. The actors are good, but be prepared to participate ! You never know who they will call on!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank cfrommer
Linn Creek
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I had reserved the Elsa Room for my mother and I for her birthday (May 1st) and Mothers Day. We have been EXTREMELY busy with our lives for some time and needed a break. I had reserved this and the dinner theater as a surprise for her and when we showed up she was.
When we arrived there was a wedding going on and it was very chaotic for the first 10 min. trying to get through all the guest for the wedding but we finally found someone who checked us in and even had someone take our luggage taken up to our room for us. Very nice.
My mother and I have had MANY experiences with ghosts and the supernatural all our lives and was excited to stay there and we were staying in the "most haunted room" to boot. We have just recently started hunting ghosts together since I moved closer to her. She can see and hear them and I can feel and see what was and sometimes see them.
The dinner theater was wonderful and we had a Great time. The only thing was is that it lasted too long...about 3-31/2 hours and it was packed so it kept getting hotter and by the end of it we could hardly breath. If they would of opened a couple of windows or had a couple of fans to circulate the air it would of been better. Even the actors had sweat dripping off them BUT I wouldn't of traded the experience for the world. :)
Once everyone left, we went back to our room (Elsa, 10:30) and started to wind down and get comfortable. Since I couldn't smoke in the room, I had to go down 3 levels and 2 flights of stairs and then make my way to the back part of the building to stand on the small landing at the top of the winding stairs in order to smoke.
Every time I left the room I would take my camera with me and snap some pictures on every level hoping that I would capture something and when my mother and I was in the room we would try and start "something" with the ghost. Unfortunately, we didn't find ANY ghost at Lemp Mansion. We both "feel" that there "may" be something there BUT it may residual so unless you show up at the right time you probably won't catch anything . There was NOTHING in the Elsa room and really the whole place seems to be a "dead cell" I'm very sorry to say.
Other than that, we had a GREAT time! The place was beautiful and the staff was awesome. It was kinda of disheartening to see that all see the place falling apart, but I'm sure that they are "putting it back together" again. and it would of nice to have a place to hang our clothes in the Elsa room when we got there.
We WILL be going back when we get a chance because it IS a very interesting place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Me and some old High School buddies met up in St. Louis to go to the legendary Lemp Mansion and we stayed the night room was really cool and food was actually pretty good I must say even though it is pretty pricey. I have read many reviews on this location and the service comments. I thought the service was really good to be honest with you. Yes they do leave you at 11pm but lets be honest a lot of hotels do not have anyone at a front desk or anything late at night. All the people that stayed in the house were really fun and we explored the house together with k2 sensors and cameras and other ghost hunting stuff. If you have a really good group of people staying the night also you will have a great time. Also be open and talkative to the people that work there they do not see that many people each day remember that. Also it is a tourist spot service will not always be the best since they know people will come anyways for the legend. You will not be dissapointed I promise on that. Happy hunting.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We went to have a night away from the kids and just relax.
So we decided to stay at Lemp and have dinner there. Our dinner server was great he did a great job and worked real hard.
I guess he figured he had to to make up for the food. I ordered a Rare Prim Rib dinner at $29.00 1st off over cooked and tasted like it had been sitting around for a while. My wife ordered the schnitzel and it was so salty it was inedible even to me who salts everything. But we let it go and figured to just enjoy ourselves.
I think our biggest complaint was that we felt like we were just dumped off after we paid for our room and let to fend for ourselves.
Such as everything closes down and Staff leaves after 11:00pm is what we were told and we were not allowed in the kitchen or the bar after that time. I assumed we had no way to get drinks or snacks after that so we went to the gas station up the road and got sodas and chips etc. We were not told of the soda machine right upstairs and the snack machine. We also wondered who we called if we had a problem.
For this place to call itself a B&B is a joke you do get a bed but your breakfast is 1 Cinnamon roll (per room) and a very small bag of chips and some little bottles of juice.
We did get two small 8oz bottles of real cheap wine and when we asked for a couple more (considering what we paid and what we got for it I didn't think it was too much to ask) we were told they had none to spare. But we could buy their house wine that tasted like varnish.
The only thing keeping this place going is its legend and folk lore. Because if it didn't have that the service provided to customers would send people running else where.
I guess that's why they do not refund money once you book your room. Because had we know what we was in for we would have went else where.
So save your money and just go in and look around. Trust me you are not missing anything!!
I have owned my own service oriented business for 16 years and offer a 100% refund if my customers are not satisfied. Like most reputable company's do.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank isaacsdarren

Travelers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

st louis
Reviewed February 16, 2010

we stayed in the Louis and Frederick suites on Valentines Day 2010. the rooms were FREEZING cold, no way could you sleep in those rooms. Plus, what they consider bed and "breakfast", the breakfast is some bags of mini muffins and a few small containers of cranapple juice, a small coffee maker and a few granola bars. They also leave you a few snack bags of Sunchips and platisc bottles of Sutton Home wine.
What a farce.
Plus, at check in, the staff treats you like you dont belong there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank lulustlouis
Chicago
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I attended a murder mystery dinner. The dinner started slow w/ the start of the murder mystery. The entertainment was excellent and involved the dinner guests. However, the food quality was poor to average and coffee/tea was difficult to get (as included with the dinner. A service was awful. I was over charged by the cash bar double my bill. The staff was condescending. The mansion is worth seeing, but the museum has little to offer.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends