“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #12 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Chanute, Kansas
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me there for my birthday 2 weeks ago.our room was the lavender room the largest of all rooms.very nice designed rooms.the only thing was the bathroom had no heat so we froze getting out of shower.they give you a heater in bedroom so we took it in bathroom but the room is so huge it didnt really work great.we also thought we were going to get breakfast served in morning like all bed and breakfasts places but they give you muffins granola bars and orange juice on table.the mystery dinner was funny and enjoyable the food was good.service was great.we toured the place that night.didnt see anything out of the ordinary. We did find a hole in fireplace where people put notes in of their stay.that was pretty cool.would go back again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to eat at the lemp mansion because I had a groupon that I was unable to use between the dates the murder mystery was available so we took advantage of the food. Overall the meal was amazing. My husband got the surf & turf and I had the peppercorn steak. Steaks were excellent and cooked to perfection. We ended the meal with the bananas foster for 2. That was a treat and I wanted to lick my plate but felt it would be rude so I refrained. The one thing I am disappointed about it the cost. My bill was 104$ total with tax and I believe gratuity added which we weren't told about (we were a table of 2) and they were supposed to take off my 48$ for my groupon and the total was $64.20. Now add this with me 28$ surf n turf, 26$ peppercorn, 5$ house salad, 15$ bananas foster for 2, 7$ glass of wine. Add that and throw on 7-9% tax and tell me you get 104$?!?!? I'm totally not disappointed with my experience just wish I would have checked my bill over more thoroughly but the waiter was so fast to take my credit card he almost took my finger off in the bill fold book. Moral of my story is check your bill and enjoy your experience. I would have given All 5's except i feel a little cheated.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank T1ffanym11
Troy, Missouri
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked the Lavender suite for my boyfriends' 40th birthday. I made the reservations 4 months ago and we stayed last Saturday 12\14\13. We were so excited because we both love architecture and history. The staff present during our stay appeared ready to commit suicide like the past inhabitants! They were completely miserable and made it well known. They made us feel unwelcome, as well. When we complained that we had no hot water in our $225 suite, the MANAGER rudely told us, "too bad so sad you are paying for the unique experience and if we didn't like it we could check out and they would refund our money." So we did. The staff and management completely destroyed the nostalgia we had for a great part of St. Louis history. I do not recommend even visiting the Lemp mansion until a staff overhaul is done. To the Pointer family: you bought and restored a part of St. Louis history. Therefore, you assumed the responsibility to care for the building and the people who come to experience it. You are letting this place turn into a joke that relys on haunting nonsense to bring in guests rather than a guaranteed enjoyable visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
17 Thank Tracy E

Travelers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I slept like a baby. However, my husband had horrible nightmares and heard some sort if a music box. Maybe Elsa was trying to tell him something? Great friendly staff and food was delicious. I do wish breakfast would have been a breakfast and not midnight snacks.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emily2248
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was the 2nd overnight visit for my husband and I. We stayed a few years back for my birthday, in the Lavendar suite, which was very nice. We had free reign of the whole mansion after the bartender and one LOUD obnoxious drunk finally left. We could explore and visit every suite in the mansion, we just couldn't go in the kitchen or the bar. We did have experiences in the basement, the gift shop and at the front entrance. It was wonderfully surreal! So we had no qualms about reserving a room again at Lemp. This time it was for our anniversary trip. We stayed two nights and decided on the Louis suite for both nights. When we checked in, the man acted surprised we were staying for two nights in the same room, and after thinking about it, I should have spoke up and told him we wanted a different suite the second night, but I didn't. I also noticed they charged us about $75-85 more per night than when we stayed the first time. He told us the mansion was completely booked the first night, so that was a huge bummer. But the second night was just going to be my husband and I all alone. How exciting! We also decided we were going to eat their Sunday "famous" fried chicken buffet for $18/person. Well, long story short, we stayed in our room the whole night because they were packed (boring). We got up and ready to go down to the famous buffet. Do NOT waste your money!!! It was so terrible and very uncomfortable. They brought our food to us and crammed it all onto our small table, we had to wait forever for more food and when it came, it was cold and we were interrupted several times by many different wait staff. Once we said we wanted our bill, it took 25 minutes for them to bring it to us. We left the mansion for the day so our room could be cleaned and fresh towels could be brought in and came back about 9pm. We went into our room and it hadn't been touched by a housekeeper and looked just as it had when we left. It was also freezing both nights, we had no way to control the heat. We decided to lounge around and relax until 3am, at which time we would go out exploring in the mansion. We headed downstairs to the dining room area about 3:20am. As I stepped down into the "round" room, I was startled and jumped about 10 feet in the air when at the back door stood two people! I thought they were trying to break in since we were the only ones there that night. To my surprise, the man then opened the door and came in with his wife. They were also staying there that night and had been reserved for a while, so the guy that checked us in lied to us. As we talked with the other couple, they showed us AWESOME video and photos of what they had already captured. They also told us all the rooms were locked up in the mansion. I could not believe this, as it has always been well known to have the other suites open for guests to explore. My husband and I checked a few of the suites, and sure enough, they were all locked. I was pretty upset that we no longer could go around the whole mansion. My husband and I had experiences again in the basement and our suite. I guess if anything, we can look at it as it we spent our money on our experiences, not the terrible food, lack of housekeeping, no heat, and disappointment of the higher charge and locked up suites.
I hate to think I will never go back there again, but it's going to take me really wanting another experience at Lemp. Otherwise, I think we will just look into other places that won't be so disappointing...

Room Tip: If you stay all night in the winter months, don't stay on the 3rd floor, it's FREEZING! The...