All reviews new carpet convenient location cereal louis pets
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We've stayed at several AVBIs across the country, which we generally like, but this was by far the worst of the lot. Our room suffered from cracked plaster, water stains all over the bathroom ceiling, chipped paint, dated furnishings, yellowing tub caulk, etc. And the morning check-out desk clerk was about as dour and unfriendly as they get. Yes, AVBI is a cut-rate brand, but we expect basic levels of cleanliness and upkeep even at the reduced rate. This one failed.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

The first room we were assigned had a toilet which did not flush nor had it been flushed. When we went to the desk clerk, he asked if we wanted him to fix it or to assign us another room (another room of course!). He said that he could give us an adjacent room which did not have the amenities (microwave and refrigerator) or put us up on the 2nd floor. We took the 2nd floor.
Cleanliness of the whole hotel needs to be addressed as well as functionality of each unit. The 2nd unit we stayed in had a damaged flush valve on the toilet (however it did flush).
I have no intention, if this is the condition of this chain of hotels, of giving them my business in the future. They say you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Reasonable price; but beware, you get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Very comfortable. Very relaxing. Very clean. Best of all, 2.5 miles to Grant's Farm. Easy to drive to. Price is average. There is a $50 deposit at time of check in. Reason is past customers violated rules and trashed room. The hotel has specific rooms for non smoking, smoking, and pets. It's worth the stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

The best in this hotel was the comfy beds and pillows. It was a great welcome after a long day of driving.
The front desk had internet problems so a big delay to check in.
The building is dated, needs a good cleaning but overall ok. The breakfast was average.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I'm not sure why I'm surprised, but this was a nice hotel. Great price. The nice gentleman at the front desk warned us that the room had brand new carpet and probably would smell like new carpet. Yep he was right. After a few minutes with the air conditioning running you didn't notice. At least we had a room with new flooring.
Clean. Quiet. Safe surroundings. Lots of restaurants nearby. This hotel exceeded my expectations. Standard breakfast with waffles, cereal, bagels, and sausage & biscuits. Clean lobby and eating area. I will stay there again the next time I pass thru St. Louis.

Room Tip: I booked in advance. I got there about one hour earlier than check in time to specifically ask for quiet accommodations. I was pleased.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends