“They lied and said a computer error meant I didn't have my rooms”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I reserved 2 rooms a month prior to the night we were to stay. The have a 2 day cancellation policy or I would be charged for the rooms. At 2 minutes until 6:00 the evening we were to check in the front desk person called and said that because of a computer error they didn't have any rooms available. They offered to put us at the Chase Park Plaza and they would pay for it.
I find it a little hard to believe that they didn't know this sooner. The fact is we were bumped and they sold the rooms at a higher rate than what I had originally reserved them for.
The Chase Park Plaza is a wonderful hotel, I've stayed there before and will stay there the next time we go to St. Louis.
Won't bother with the Moonrise again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jxd_10

Reviewed November 4, 2010

Although the power went out for a couple of hours and the chefs had to improvise, the restaurant and bar still bustled. Menus in restaurant are interesting and varied. The lunch menu looked the most inspired. Rooftop restaurant was locked off, presumably because the temp. was about 60 and fallish.
Everyone working in the hotel is service oriented. The only surprise was the high cost for valet parking, in the same area as free parking.
Glass shower door didn't "track" smoothly, but the amenities are great. Shower head in ceiling of shower and the water rains straight down.
This hotel is avant garde and fun and lovely. Bedding is nice and comfortable, except for pillows.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

The staff the Moonrise Hotel is extremely helpful and accommodating if you need anything at all. I am disabled and use a wheelchair so it was really nice to get such great hospitality. The suite we stayed in was very nice and comfortable. It was the Josephine Baker suite. Make sure you sign up for the Desires Program and you will have treats waiting for you when you enter your room. I love how we could easily set the thermostat to our liking and the sleeping machine next to the bed was great because nothing is more soothing to me than the sound of rain. The hotel's restaurant, The Eclipse, serves 5 star food, I was very impressed. The hotel is within walking distance of The Loop which has many shops and well known restaurants.I was going to a concert and the venue is right next door so it was very convenient for me. I highly recommend the Moonrise Hotel if you are going to be staying in St. Louis.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Moonrise for our anniversary. It's on the Delmar Loop and close to tons of shops and resturants, and also close to Forest Park. The decor is awesome! Retro, modern, and cool. I adored the artwork in the restaurant downstairs, and the rotating moon on top of the hotel made for some great pictures. We had a corner room with huge windows and modern furniture. Our bed was SO comfortable! I rarely sleep good in hotels, but had no trouble at this one! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MegTheMom
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I made reservations at the Moonrise Hotel through Travelocity.com Top Secret hotel deals. My husband and I liked it so much we stayed an extra night. The rooms and staff were excellent. When we turned off the lights at night the moon and stars painted on the ceiling were so real we felt as if we were sleeping outside. We will definitely go back and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank istoptraffic
Reviewed October 17, 2010

First time in St. Louise & found this hotel on trip advisor. Travel 100K + a year with almost 4 months/yr in hotels.

Moonrise is the best. hotel. ever.

First, staff at the front desk are witty, efficient, helpful and creative. Within minutes we had all the perfect recommendations, advise on transport and entertainment, and coupons for the bar.

Second, the rooms are perfectly sized with ample storage, groovy ipod and white noise docks, and great toiletries. Dead quiet, too.

Third, the Eclipse offers outstanding hotel food. Breakfasts are ample, yummy, and cheap and dinners were the best on the strip. The wait staff were friendly and efficient, and what fun to get to know.

Finally, the rooftop bar has great views, hot bartenders, and amply poured drinks. Tunage excellent and the crowd friendly and fun.

Oh yeah...free wifi and parking. Honestly.

No hesitation. Go. Enjoy. Repeat.

Thanks, moonrise.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seamusandandy
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Moonrise Hotel in the Delmar Loop area was an excellent choice for my friend and me. Parking was free, and we could catch the Metro Link (light rail) into downtown just a couple of blocks away. The area is full of all kinds of restaurants, many with outdoor seating. It is a short drive to Forest Park and all its attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends