“Great Hotel”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed July 9, 2014

First thanks for reading my review. The hotel is off the beat and path (not right on the interstate) But the hotel was easy to find. Check in was fast and professional. You need to insert your room key into the elevator to go up to the floors. Really liked that. Our room was very clean and no odors. Only drawback it was next to the linen closet that became a problem in the morning. Went to the front desk and the hotel manager understood and moved us to another room. Very nice room was again clean and no odors. Bed was exactly right... I can only tell you that of all the hotels we have stayed at this one stands out heads above the rest. Check this hotel out...I know that the next time we are in town this is the place......

1  Thank tig2811
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel! We cannot wait for you to return to Moonrise. If there is any way I can be of assistance please feel free to ask.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am generally not over enthusiastic about staying away from home. This place is amazing. The service from the first minute is top notch. They are very welcoming but yet professional at the same time. The rooms are spotless, the beds are a dream to sleep in. The bathroom amenities include a small sewing kit and emery board for your nails. The shampoo was the best I've ever had out of a hotel. The Moonrise is decorated everywhere in a space theme. It's true, there is no free breakfast, but there is a restaurant onsite. I highly recommend the frosted flake covered french toast at the Eclipse. There is also a divine little pasty shop on the corner. There is free parking right behind the hotel. The homeless people in St Louis can be a little aggressive, but I never saw one on site. Just keep your eyes open and you will be fine. This hotel is minutes from Forrest Park and a world class FREE zoo. We were very sad when we were unable to stay on our way back home because they were full. We will stay again for sure!!!

Room Tip: If you ask for a room in the back you can look out on your car, we stayed on the second floor, and i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sololady3232

Many people that travel do not do it for pleasure and feel the same way about having to be away from home. It is rewarding to know that we were able to provide you with a positive experience and able to make your time away from home enjoyable! The frosted flake French toast is a great choice and my favorite breakfast item in the restaurant as well! We wish we could have had you on your way home too but look forward to your return to St. Louis!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Probably one of the top five hotels for comfortable beds. Rooms were clean - decor a bit eclectic with an emphasis on - you guessed it - the moon. Would recommend. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ML7kc

Having a comfortable place to sleep is very important when choosing a hotel and the Serta mattresses deliver that for our guests!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

If you are traveling to St.Louis, the Moonrise is a must! Crystal at the front desk was so sweet and helpful in getting a quiet room, and the entire staff at the hotel were so kind! The rooms are very spacious, although the showers could be a little larger. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was very clean. I would suggest going out to eat or getting food and bringing it back because room service is a little pricey. We attended a concert at the Pageant and it was not even a minute away, which was really convenient. Overall I would definitely recommend the Moonrise, and I will be back!

Room Tip: Any room lower than the 7th floor, unless you don't mind a rooftop bar that is open until 3 am a...
3  Thank beachmeplz

Crystal is our newest Front Desk Agent and in her short time has made a positive impression on many of our guests who interact with her! If you do go out for food stop by the Front Desk and get some suggestions from the staff on what places to try, there are many great places to choose from!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

While thus hotel's decor is fine (it's nice but certainly not the best I've seen), it really stands out because of its location and the front desk staff. The hotel us about 3/4 miles away from Forest Park which made it a short walk to the Fair St. Louis festivities. It's also on The Loop which means guests can to great places like Mission Tacos and others. The other outstanding area was its front desk staff. All of the staff were attentive and very professional despite the busy holiday weekend. Though they were all great, special thanks to Ashley for such an outstanding job when we checked in.

Though the hotel is great, parking is a challenge unless you want to pay $20/night for valet (which we did one night). Some of this is due to individuals who are not guests at the hotel attending Happy Hour and brunch at the rooftop bar.

The rooftop was a great amenity, as well, but the service was a little subpar.

One other thing to keep in mind us that the hotel is pet friendly. So, if you have pet allergies, it nay not be the place for you.

On the whole, great place to stay.

1  Thank IndyBelle2014

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on your kind words of commendation to Ashley. The parking lot behind the hotel is not owned by the hotel, rather it’s a public parking lot owned by the city so the parking is first come first serve. We guarantee parking when you use the valet service at $17.00 per night for overnight hotel guests. Guest can also use two other city parking lots when the public lot behind the hotel is full, both are just two blocks away. I am sorry to hear that you found the service on the rooftop subpar, I would be happy to address the issues if you contact me with more detail, customer feedback is crucial to our continued success. Regarding, our being a pet friendly hotel, for those traveling that may have allergies we ensure that they are in a room on isolated floors that we never occupy with pets.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you back as our guests!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Moonrise hotel. It is trendy and modern with complimentary wifi. The lobby and room are decorated with a moon theme. I also loved the lighted stairs in the lobby. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean with comfortable beds. There are bathrobes and an umbrella in the room. The bathroom was clean and large with a walk in rain shower. The H20 toiletries were a plus!I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda G

The stair case in the lobby is a favorite amongst many guests and a popular place to snap a quick photo. We hope you do return the next time you find yourself in St. Louis!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ultra modern, impeccably clean hotel with attentive employees!

I disagree with the reviewer who wrote "if you don't like the Loop, you won't like Moonrise"; I don't like anything about the Loop but I very much like Moonrise.

I stayed there last night for the 2nd time in 8 weeks and was very pleased; Crystal at the front desk is genuinly welcoming and a pleasure to see upon arrival.

The rooms are large with the most comfortable pillow top Serta mattresses I've ever slept on; I prefer them over my own bed at home! The bathroom is modern with a ceiling mounted shower head which provides a "rain shower" experience. There's only one small corner wire caddy afixed to the wall for your "stuff", so be prepared to place shower items on the shower floor.

The interior halls are quiet and when in the room, you cannot hear anything going on outside the door; very quiet.

Some nice touches include a HomeMedics sleep machine with 6 sound choices and the bedding is of the finest quality.

They have an incredible venue on the rooftop 8th floor which offers indoor and outdoor seating with spectacular views of Forest Park and the Delmar Loop and they allow smoking up there. Seating is abundant, including large overstuffed chairs which remind me of the beach as well as couches; very comfy.

This is one of my top 2 favorites place to stay in St. Louis.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the back patio; no complaints. Last night I stayed on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Moonrise has a lot to offer our guests if they do want to stay here but not leave the hotel so it is possible to enjoy the hotel without getting into the Loop. There are some great places in the Loop and if you would like some suggestions on places to explore please feel free to ask one of our Front Desk Agents or myself the next time you are back.

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel!