Moonrise Hotel
$149
$392
$342
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$231
$224
  • Restaurant
Westin St. Louis(Saint Louis)
$443
$369
  • Room Service
$272
  • Restaurant
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$95
$370
$296
Curio.com
$329
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Restaurant
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
$189
$183
Travelocity
1,270 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

More accurately, this review is 3.5 stars. The hotel is nice and well appointed. It's in a very cool neighborhood and sits walking distance from good coffee, lots of restaurant options, and a bit of nightlife as well. 5 stars for location.

The hotel also scores high in the on-site amenities department. There's a cool rooftop bar with a great patio and nice views as well as a ground floor restaurant with good affordable food, which I love. I also appreciate that they have free self parking very close to the hotel as well as front door valet.

There's only 2 things that make this place score a bit lower for me. The first--and it's negligible---there's no laundry on site. When I travel for work, I'm usually out on the road for 2 weeks or so, so laundry has become a priority. If you don't intend to do laundry on your trip, forget I said anything. The last thing, and this is a big one, is that the hotel is very loud. Everything looks nice, but it seems the builders forgot to use insulation or soundproofing of any kind. Doors slamming, kids running, lost drunks from the bars wandering...I heard it all. Thankfully, I can sleep through most anything, especially with the in-room noise machines the management has added to compensate. If you're a light sleeper, I'd probably skip this place. If the noise doesn't bother you, book right away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank niffynif
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Being able to get items laundered is important to many of our guests, while we do not have an onsite laundry facility we do offer same day dry cleaning and Delmar Loop Laundry is a 24 hour laundry mat about five blocks from the hotel. The white noise machines were added to help drown out any unwanted noise. We also have security that walks the floors to try to catch people making excessive noise before they disrupt other guests. Hopefully for you the great location and many amenities out weight the noise you encountered as well as having to go offsite to do your own laundry.

Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I booked a Cosmic Jacuzzi Room at this hotel online. When we arrived, we were informed that the Cosmic Jacuzzi Rooms were overbooked and that none were available. At this point, the manager came out to speak with us personally and apologized for the situation. He upgraded our room to a suite and not only did he upgrade the room for free, he refunded the money that we had paid for the jacuzzi room. We didn't even complain about the situation, they just did this. We have had experiences similar to this with other hotels and none of them had ever been this accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David G

I am sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate your reservation for a Cosmic Jacuzzi King due to a booking issue. We believe in going above and beyond for our guests and want to make sure that our guests are happy with their accommodations. We would love to have you back again and if I can be of any assistance please let me know!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at the Moonrise because we were going to a concert at the Pageant and we couldn't pass up the convenience of staying right next door. We had planned to take advantage of the self parking, but chose to do the valet parking for $17. The parking lot was full and we would've had to park several blocks away and it was cold! The check in was extremely easy and we got to our room with no problems. I loved the area that this hotel is in, lots to do within walking distance. I had read reviews that mentioned how noisy it was going to be, but I had no issues with being able to fall right asleep. We chose to eat a late night meal at the Eclipse restaurant. We were charged the room service fee because we took the food back to our room, but that wasn't a big deal. We stayed in a standard king room and it was great! We had a great view of the Loop and I loved the bed and the shower! We made our way to the rooftop bar, it was definitely a cold night, but the heaters made it a little more comfortable, at least for a short time. Check out was easy and fast and the valet had our car back to us in no time. We plan to stay at the moonrise the next time we are in St. Louis.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank h_blond2

Most people looking for a hotel after a Pageant show will stay with us because we are only steps away. The self-parking usually fills up pretty quick on nights when there is a show at the Pageant, but we always guarantee hotel guests will be able to valet if they choose to not use one of the overflow lots. We hope you are able to return soon and if there is anything we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable please let us know!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I actually stayed here with my girlfriend back in November and was blown away. The location was perfect with several restaurants within walking distance. We did not walk because it was 20 degrees outside but we will definitely be back this summer. I didn't experience any issues with the self parking either. We ate at the Eclipse Restaurant the morning that we checked out and it was delicious. Great quality, service, and large portions. I actually had to take half of my breakfast burrito to go. I am planning on returning for my birthday this summer with a small group of friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GirlzJusWannaHaveFun

We look forward to you coming back to celebrate your birthday. Hopefully the weather will be nice so you can get out and enjoy the Loop as well as the Rooftop Terrace Lounge.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

After reading other reviews I was a bit worried about parking, but it turned out fine. I self parked in the public lot directly behind the hotel and was cautious about leaving valuables in the car, locking, etc... No incident. I found the staff to be kind, helpful, and welcoming. The Moonrise is in a vibrant neighborhood, the accommodations were comfortable, and the rooftop bar had great views and was a lot of fun. I couldn't help but feel that the moonrise was trying too hard to be cool. All that I listed above was enough for me to be happy, but some of their decor was a little too much such as the white stairway backlit with colored lights and their signage. I also found the rates to be pretty high. Overall it was a good stay, but next time I'd look for either something more affordable or something with more refined tastes. (I'm in my late 20s and do appreciate modern design for the record).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments about or kind and helpful staff. I am sorry to hear that you found the décor to be excessive for your taste. The lit staircase is typically a favorite for our guests and the spot for many group and family photos. If you find yourself back in St. Louis you can always contact our Reservations team to see if we have any packages or specials that might suit your needs.