Moonrise Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,270 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great hotel located in the Delmar loop in St Louis. Loved the decorations, especially the portraits of people with the moon as the backdrop all over our room and throughout the hotel. Really fun rooftop bar with a great view of the city. Close to the light rail, with a small town but happening feel to the area. Comfortable and clean room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frances D
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about your experience at Moonrise. The light rail train is very convenient with a stop just a block away from the hotel, one at the airport and stops at many St. Louis area attractions.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend attending a wedding in the area. I really loved the guest room, the amenities and the staff. They had an elevator down which was a challenge when my room key didn't work, I called from the house phone on the 6th floor and (Lee, I hope I got his name right) ran up the stairs to get me a new key! Appreciated as I needed to grab something I had forgotten in the room. Rooms were clean, rooftop bar was nice and food was good. Only complaint would be better service in restaurant on Sunday morning. Seemed confused if you were not having buffet and service was slow in a not so busy restaurant, I would have liked to seen some sort of hip uniform in restaurant - hard to tell who the employees were.

My boyfriend stayed here before and as someone who works in hotels, I am very particular and he knew I would like it and he was right! Highly recommend! The staff was very warm and welcoming and seem to really enjoy working there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Benita S

Unfortunately the part we needed for the elevators had to come from Sweden so we had to wait until the following week to correct the issue. Lee is a great asset to our hotel and is always willing to go the extra mile for our guests. I’m not sure about the confusion in the restaurant, it might have been related to the brunch that is offered on the rooftop but was moved to the restaurant because of the elevator being down. The staff members do enjoy their jobs which allows them to provide a genuine welcoming attitude when interacting with our guests.

Your recommendations are appreciated!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our stay here was great with comfortable beds and nice amenities. Had some trouble with room service being late and then our dishes not being taken away for most of the day and smelling up the room. The restaurant (Eclipse) had good food and service. The location of the hotel is excellent, next to the theatre, Washington University, on the loop, and close to Forest Park. Lots of restaurants in the area. The staff was friendly. We really appreciated the unique setting and decor, and of course the on-site parking.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KittyMoats

I apologize about the issues with delayed room service and the tray not being removed. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here, if you return in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just checked out of the Moonrise this morning. Although rooms are nice and clean, the hotel is set-up to cater more to their rooftop bar than their overnight guests. Rooftop is on the 8th floor - I was staying on the 6th floor. With the noise machine (provided by hotel - clue 1), earphones with music on and head under pillow I could still hear the incredibly loud music from the roof and the conversations of the patrons as if I had my window open. The bar is open to 3AM so both Friday and Saturday night I was kept up until well after 2AM.

To top it off - one of their elevators was out of service and they don't allow guests to use stairs except for fire emergencies. 10+ minutes wait every time I came or left the building.

Bottom line - beware if you are looking to stay on Friday or Saturday nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hotel decor great, retro, modern. Of course, everything "moon" themed. Staff is excellent, from check-in, rooftop bar, restaurant (Eclipse), to check-out. Have never been to a hotel where they offered a free glass of wine in the lobby as a "sorry for the inconvenience" due to one of the two elevators being out-of-service. Very nice touch!! Room was very clean and comfortable; hotel was surprisingly quiet despite a Pageant concert, a Cardinals playoff game, and a wedding/reception at the hotel that evening. Rooftop bar is very nice, especially on a breezy Fall evening. Breakfast was excellent, very tasty entrees, large portions, great coffee. Property is very well located - in the Delmar Loop, and only a few miles from the Hill or Central West End, or the city. Would definitely recommend staying here, especially as an excellent option for one of the chain properties.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel (facing Enright) may be quieter than those facing Delmar.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles L

Our staff members take pride in the level of service that they provide our guests. We offer a Weekend Welcome punch and we decided to expand it for the weekend because of the inconvenience. The Loop has a lot to offer our guests but if they wish to go to other popular neighborhoods of St. Louis we are located just a short drive away.

Thank you for your review!