Moonrise Hotel
$186
$134
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$116
$178
$153
$140
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
$286
Hotels.com
$164
$159
  • Pool
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
$145
$141
Travelocity
1,269 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent a week at the Moonrise during July 4th week. My wife said and I quote "This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at". Clean is very important to her so that was a real statement! July 4th fireworks from the rooftop lounge was awesome. Quiet and away from downtown location, but a short, safe walk to the Metrolink takes you downtown quickly. Highly recommended for a stay in St. Louis

1  Thank myboyspoppop
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words! Our team really prides themselves on the work they put into making the property beautiful so it means a lot when someone takes the time to comment. Please share our appreciation with your wife as well.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

A recent trip to St Louis for a funeral found us staying at this quirky, perfectly appointed boutique hotel in the Loop. From the upscale toiletries , the high thread count sheets, the iPod docker, electronic mood maker....we felt like we were staying in a comfy home. The desk staff was friendly and efficient. While not in downtown, but we were close to our friends. One note of caution is that the nearby parking is not secured, and our rental car was vandalized. The hotel staff was very accomodating, vacuumed out the broken glass, notified police, and helped expedite the paper work so that we got to our event in time. This incident can happy anywhere....big cities have big city problems and should NOT reflect on the hotel. We will stay here in the future....but maybe take a taxi ....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mjs1122
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you for mentioning so many of the hotel's details! I am so sorry to hear your vehicle was vandalized during your stay! I’m pleased the staff was able to expedite the process and you were able to make your event in time. We really appreciate your comments regarding the situation. We are working with our local authorities on finding new solutions to discourage further incidents in our area city lots. So glad to hear you felt at home while with us. We are excited we’ll be seeing you in the future!

Thank you, again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is in the loop area and it has shops and restaurants and all kind of wonderful things around it. I loved the area, a wonderful environment, fun and safe! The hotel itself was amazing. I loved the rooftop lounge (went both night I stayed at the hotel) The restaurant was nice and the staff of hotel , lounge, bars, and restaurant were really nice. They made sure that we were happy and had a comfortable stay. The only reason I didnt give this a 5 star rating is because of the elevator situation. During our stay one of the elevators went out which made for very long wait times, especially in the evening when the rooftop lounge was open and the locals came to drink and party. Guests were given preferential treatment on Friday night for the elevator but saturday evening we were on our own. THe elevator situation came to a head on Sunday morning when we tried to check out and leave because again the locals were going to the rooftop for sunday brunch and that made for even longer wait times with luggage and we just wanted to go. I did explain to the front desk attendant that i was displeased with how long not only me and my family but other families trying to check out had to wait. He was very thoughtful and understanding and offered my family a free breakfast. I explained I was not complaining to get something free just to make the experience better for the next customer should this ever happen and he still insisted that my family and I have breakfast on the house. I was thankful and I appreciated him for acknowledging that is was most inconvenient and attempting to do something to make the situation easier to swallow (literally). The breakfast was most welcomed and we enjoyed it. The room itself was really nice. It was smaller than I thought it would be but it was clean and comfortable. The shower was amazing. One of my family members had an iphone and the charging station was broken. The hotel staff immediately sent an electricial up to install a new one and set it up for us. The bed was comfortable and soft. My family and I enjoyed our stay and the room accomodated all of us and the friends and family that came to see us. I will return to this hotel most definitely. I would hope that the elevators are working properly. Oh one other bonus....their ketelone martini with blue cheese olives was to die for! absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the seventh floor are closer to the rooftop so a little more wait time for the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lamerejolie

We think our area is pretty amazing too. Thank you so much for such a thorough review of the hotel. I’m sorry to hear you encountered a few issues during your stay, but I’m pleased to read that our staff was able to handle the situations and do what was in our power to remedy the issues. I know there really isn’t a way to make up for that lost time waiting, but I’m happy that breakfast was offered and enjoyed so you were recharged for your departure home. We would love to have you as our guest again soon!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Moonrise in the Loop has an inclusive view of St. Louis from the Terrace Rooftop Bar. Marvelous place to watch city-wide July 4th firework displays. Superb beds, room design and accoutrements. Breakfast at the Eclipse restaurant is a great way to start the day.

Room Tip: If a quiet room is important, select a room away from the elevators AND 3rd or 4th floor to be away from Terrace Bar noise. Additionally, you may prefer a street-side room to isolate parking sounds. But, remember that this is a city hotel, so a level of city-noise is part of the equation.
1  Thank Gary E

We’re fortunate that our central location gives us views of several area firework displays on the 4th from our Rooftop Terrace. So happy you were able to enjoy them with us! Thank you for the kind words about our property.

Hope we see you soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here and absolutely loved it! Every employee we encountered went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the contemporary yet upscale feel of the hotel. If you are looking for a hotel close to attractions downtown, this is not the hotel for you. The rooftop bar is a blast, and a place for some late night views, and fun!

1  Thank foodieil

We encourage our associates to be themselves and I’m happy to hear you were treated well by all you encountered! Sounds like you were able to fully take in the property and the outlets. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Hope we see you for more Rooftop fun!