Moonrise Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,270 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and went to a concert at the Pageant, which was right next door. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. Cute theme throughout hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, The lobby is awesome. You need hotel keycard to go up in the elevator, felt extra safe. Free parking in the back. My only complaints are that there aren't enough hooks or counter space in the bathroom for towels and bathroom products there was construction on the roof which started at 7am, which was kind of annoying. That is obviously a temporary problem. Booked the hotel months prior to trip for $150. Checked a few nights prior to leaving and it was $100 on hotels.com. I cancelled original reservation and rebooked.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jltdinga
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

It sounds like your stay went very well with us. Aside from the annoying construction that started early in the morning, of course. We do apologize for the inconvenience, and we also appreciate you being so understanding in regard to this temporary occurrence. We do hope that it didn't cause too much of a problem during your stay with us.

Hopefully if you decide to stay with us again you will not have to deal with the rooftop construction and you will be able to experience our new Moon Room, which was the reason for the noise.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback as well as choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The noise levels in the hotel are simply unacceptable. Loud guests making noise until all hours of the night. In addition, there was a dog barking in room 609...day and night, and would typically START barking at 7 am on the weekend. It was impossible to get a good night of sleep here.

It's a shame really...great area of town, well-designed. Just no control by the management/staff regarding basic hotel requirements.

Room Tip: Request a room AWAY from the elevator...too much noise. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It is unfortunate to hear that your experience with us did not go as expected. We did have a bit of a rambunctious crowd the weekend of your stay. Couple that with the consistent barking of the dog located near your room we can understand why sleeping proved to be difficult for you. Because of these issues, they ultimately led to a disappointing stay. We do apologize for these occurrences. It was definitely an unfortunate series of events that prevented you from being able to enjoy your time with us.

I do hope that if you are ever in the St. Louis area that you would consider staying with us again. If you would contact me personally, I would certainly put forth my best effort to ensure that you did not run into those same difficulties. I would also make sure that you are accommodated appropriately for the inconveniences of your previous stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback. We are gracious for your business and definitely look forward to the opportunity to make for a better experience.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is unique and I love all the Apollo 11 memorabilia near the hotel lobby. Beautifully decorated spa-looking hotel lobby (but, alas, no pool or spa!) with pleasantly scented candles burning at all times during the day and night. I loved the lighted stairway! Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom (while a bit small) is beautifully and tastefully decorated with a frosted glass shower door. H2O bath products were a nice luxury touch. Also, loved the closed heavy double doors that you must pass through after exiting the elevator. On them is posted a sign that reminds guests that on the other side of the double doors other people are in their rooms and sleeping. I definitely believe this gentle reminder was key to the low level of noise we experienced in our room all three nights. While this is obviously a hotel for the hip-adult crowd, I felt my 10yr and 14 yr old well behaved kids were very welcome. The workout facility was very clean and tidy. Machines were in order and they had a good assortment of weights. You can park for free in the lot behind the hotel and we did this for the 3 nights we were there. Parking in the lot can be very limited though in the evening hours, esp. if there is a concert next door. If you park your car when you check in and make sure you are back before the "nightlife" starts and walk or use public transportation and you will do well. Pi Pizzeria across the street is excellent, fabulous pizzas and delicious salads in a fun, open well lit atmosphere. The fro-yo place down the street was fun and we met some interesting people in this progressive neighborhood.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced that parking lot and was farther away from the partying crowd on the roof-top bar. We could not hear any noise from the bar.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine D
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

That was a very nice and detailed review that you gave of our hotel. and I must say that you being so positive is very much appreciated. Our lobby can be one of our main attractions and the stairwell definitely gets its fair share of attention. We are pleased to know that your children were able to feel comfortable and accepted in our hotel. We try to maintain a positive atmosphere that is pleasant for people of all ages. As far as parking is concerned, it can be a bit of a struggle during concert nights and on the weekend. I am glad to hear that you did not have too much of a problem with that. And typically speaking our Valet will always accommodate our guest that find difficulty in parking. Pi Pizza definitely garners much attention and if you happen to catch Froyo on a spring or summer night you may not even be able to get a share because of their popularity!

We appreciate you taking the time to offer valuable feedback and hopefully we see you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent a week at the Moonrise and very much enjoyed it. Room was comfortable and quiet, and the outer space theme was a lot of fun. Service was very friendly and the location was great for walking to interesting restaurants and shops. I'd definitely stay there again if I went to St. Louis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob G

Well, it sounds like everything worked out really well for you during your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback. Its awesome to know that you were able to take advantage of our location and we are pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and very accommodating! Thanks you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we see you again in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went out of my $300 suite at 2am to get some ice to find 2 security guards outside my door listening into my room. I asked them why they were out there, was I too loud. They said they had not had any complaints. Then why are you standing outside my door but not knocking? Total invasion of privacy. They were listening through my door.

I had 5 friends having drinks in a 3 room suite. We could not talk above a whisper. Security followed us all night. Rude, accusatory, looking for trouble.

This place is great if you like ikea furniture and paying $300 to have your privacy invaded by a bunch of over aggressive wannabe cops. Oh, and paper thin walls apparently.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Frizman

We do apologize that it may have seemed as if we were targeting you during your stay with us. We had received complaints from a room that was across the hall from you and wanted to make sure that no more disturbances would occur. Its unfortunate that one negative occurrence can effect the others nearby and cause for suspicion levels to increase. We do realize that at increased levels of volume, other parties nearby can be heard from the rooms of other guests, which is why we emphasize that people keep their volume to a minimum as much as possible. We do apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have posed for you.

We do appreciate you still offering feedback and no matter good or bad it is important to us.

If you do find yourself maybe wanting to give us another chance, we would appreciate that and would hopefully be able to provide a better experience. Please contact me directly if you'd like and I will do my best to help with that.