“ABSOLUTELY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!!!!!”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriends and I planned a weekend getaway in St. Louis. We were traveling from Indianapolis, so we just wanted a different atmosphere, scenery, and girl time! We were beyond pleased! The location was absolutely perfect! We could walk to bowling, local bars, restaurants, movie theaters, comedy clubs, etc., so we seldom used the car! The rooftop bar was AMAZING! Even if we wanted to venture beyond the hotel street, the central location made it very easy to navigate the city! The amenities are VERY SPACIOUS! We had a Queen double room, and an adjoining King room for the weekend, and had more space than we could imagine! The only thing missing was a microwave in the room. However, when we needed a microwave to warm up food, the front desk was very accommodating. They allowed us to warm our food in their staff lounge. So, while it was a bit inconvenient, at least they had other options available! I would DEFINITELY stay in this hotel again when I visit St. Louis!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you ladies had a great weekend getaway and were able to experience so much while you were with us. Please let me know if I can assist with any future bookings. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Jessie Galleano
Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were very happy to get a Priceline that was great for the area and were looking forward to our stay. The bed and room were fine, AC a bit noisy but not a big problem. Lots of restaurants around the area. So that was all good. What wasn't good was first, one of the two elevators was out of commission for two of the three days that we were there. Since that was over the weekend, you can imagine the wait. Second, the parking in the back of the hotel is fine if you are there late in the afternoon. But if you are looking to park in the early evening on a weekend, forget it. We parked in the metro lot not too far away and hoped that we weren't going to get towed, which we weren't. Would we stay again? Given the cost of rooms in St. Louis, we probably would consider doing Priceline again but definitely would not pay what the hotel charges.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kglen1

We're so glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of the neighborhood restaurants around the area. I am sorry to hear that one of our elevators was out of service while you were with us. It was an inconvenient experience for the staff as well. Thankfully both are up and running again. With so much nightlife surrounding the hotel the three complimentary self parking lots in the area can fill up quickly. We always offer valet parking for guests of the hotel which allows for in and out priviledges for $17/night. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Jessie Galleano
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved location, vibe of the area...total fail on the part of The Moonrise when I had to go down to the front desk in my underwear when I went out to put an empty pot of coffee outside my room and let the door close behind me without my room card as I was in my morning clothes. Would totally be my fault if the maid service person wasn't right there at another room when I asked if she could use her key to let me back in she refused and made me go down to the very public lobby in my underwear to ask the manager to be let me back in my room. Really. It was beyond humiliating and totally avoidable

Although we go to St. Louis on a regular basis we can not recommend the Moonrise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Winterwings
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The clerks who greeted us were very friendly, and our room was spotless. Eclipse, the hotels adjoining restaurant was fine, and only that (I suggest you head to Pi Pizza instead). The food was somewhat meodecre, however a great location for someone wanting an easy commute from The Loop to The Arch or The Zoo.

• Stayed: October 2012
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We appreciate you taking time to post a review about your experience at Moonrise! If the food in our restaurant is not what you are looking for there are many different options with-in walking distance of our hotel. Hopefully on your next trip to St. Louis you will stay choose to stay here again!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here after we got it on a secret hotel deal. They have a lot of neat space decorations and memorabilia and a neat rainbow staircase. The neighborhood felt safe but was a sort of yuppie/hippie genre. Was pretty far away from any attractions downtown. The valet parking was slow. The bar on the roof was my favorite part. Doubt I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on our hotel! We are about fifteen minutes from downtown, but there are many attractions much closer to us, such as Forest Park. The Delmar Loop itself also offers many restaurants, bars and boutique shops. If you are looking for entertainment downtown there is a metrolink system that offers transportation and is only a block from the hotel and has stops in Union Station, next to Busch Stadium and near the St. Louis Arch. I'm sorry the valet service was slow to provide service during your stay. If you are going to be in St. Louis feel free to contact me directly if you would like to try our neighborhood again!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Really lovely little hotel with quirky moon-themed art right next to The Pageant and on one of the most fun shopping/eating streets around! The rooftop bar is awesome and breakfast at the restaurant on-site was delicious. Service was great and was uber impressed by the staff who ran a toothbrush up to my room at 1am (!) when I realized I'd forgotten mine at home. I can't wait to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

The location of the hotel in the Delmar Loop is a great plus! There are variety of restaurants, bars and shops with in walking distance from the hotel. The rooftop is a nice feature of the hotel, with great drinks and beautiful views. We hope that when you come back to St. Louis you can have an extended stay with us!

Thank you for your reivew of Moonrise Hotel, we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Moonrise is the ONLY hotel on the Delmar Loop. This area is the STL hub for wining, dining, culture, and entertainment. There's definitely something for everyone! That being said, being able to dapple in all the area has to offer and walk back to your hotel is a great perk! The hotel design is definitely cool and unique. The rainbow staircase in the lobby is really neat, the restaurant was good, and the rooftop bar was a great time as well. The rooms had a uniquely modern decor and were perfectly acceptable but slightly "worn in" and in need of some updates. The chaise lounge had a couple questionable spots, but no major complaints. The elevator and the rooftop bar are secure so don't leave without your room key, but that's a good thing! Nearby is nearly any type of food you could ask for (burgers, Indian, fondu, you name it)! Also within a ten minute drive is the famous STL Hill if you're in the mood for some great Italian fare. The zoo and Forest Park are a mile away, and make sure you hit Blueberry Hill for some great rock n' roll culture. You can't beat this location, and the hotel leaves little to be desired. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel as well as our neighborhood. We are happy that you got to enjoy your experience in The Delmar Loop! The staircase is a very popular feature of the hotel, many people have used them for wedding pictures and we've even had a couple get married on the staircase! I will address your concern with the chase lounge to our Director of Housekeeping. We hope that the next time you do com to the St. Louis area that you do choose to stay with us again!

Jake Westcott