“Wanted to love it but left in my robe in the lobby-don't chance it”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Calgary, Canada
“Wanted to love it but left in my robe in the lobby-don't chance it”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved location, vibe of the area...total fail on the part of The Moonrise when I had to go down to the front desk in my underwear when I went out to put an empty pot of coffee outside my room and let the door close behind me without my room card as I was in my morning clothes. Would totally be my fault if the maid service person wasn't right there at another room when I asked if she could use her key to let me back in she refused and made me go down to the very public lobby in my underwear to ask the manager to be let me back in my room. Really. It was beyond humiliating and totally avoidable

Although we go to St. Louis on a regular basis we can not recommend the Moonrise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Winterwings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The clerks who greeted us were very friendly, and our room was spotless. Eclipse, the hotels adjoining restaurant was fine, and only that (I suggest you head to Pi Pizza instead). The food was somewhat meodecre, however a great location for someone wanting an easy commute from The Loop to The Arch or The Zoo.

• Stayed October 2012
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We appreciate you taking time to post a review about your experience at Moonrise! If the food in our restaurant is not what you are looking for there are many different options with-in walking distance of our hotel. Hopefully on your next trip to St. Louis you will stay choose to stay here again!

Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here after we got it on a secret hotel deal. They have a lot of neat space decorations and memorabilia and a neat rainbow staircase. The neighborhood felt safe but was a sort of yuppie/hippie genre. Was pretty far away from any attractions downtown. The valet parking was slow. The bar on the roof was my favorite part. Doubt I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on our hotel! We are about fifteen minutes from downtown, but there are many attractions much closer to us, such as Forest Park. The Delmar Loop itself also offers many restaurants, bars and boutique shops. If you are looking for entertainment downtown there is a metrolink system that offers transportation and is only a block from the hotel and has stops in Union Station, next to Busch Stadium and near the St. Louis Arch. I'm sorry the valet service was slow to provide service during your stay. If you are going to be in St. Louis feel free to contact me directly if you would like to try our neighborhood again!

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Really lovely little hotel with quirky moon-themed art right next to The Pageant and on one of the most fun shopping/eating streets around! The rooftop bar is awesome and breakfast at the restaurant on-site was delicious. Service was great and was uber impressed by the staff who ran a toothbrush up to my room at 1am (!) when I realized I'd forgotten mine at home. I can't wait to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
The location of the hotel in the Delmar Loop is a great plus! There are variety of restaurants, bars and shops with in walking distance from the hotel. The rooftop is a nice feature of the hotel, with great drinks and beautiful views. We hope that when you come back to St. Louis you can have an extended stay with us!

Thank you for your reivew of Moonrise Hotel, we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Staunton, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Moonrise is the ONLY hotel on the Delmar Loop. This area is the STL hub for wining, dining, culture, and entertainment. There's definitely something for everyone! That being said, being able to dapple in all the area has to offer and walk back to your hotel is a great perk! The hotel design is definitely cool and unique. The rainbow staircase in the lobby is really neat, the restaurant was good, and the rooftop bar was a great time as well. The rooms had a uniquely modern decor and were perfectly acceptable but slightly "worn in" and in need of some updates. The chaise lounge had a couple questionable spots, but no major complaints. The elevator and the rooftop bar are secure so don't leave without your room key, but that's a good thing! Nearby is nearly any type of food you could ask for (burgers, Indian, fondu, you name it)! Also within a ten minute drive is the famous STL Hill if you're in the mood for some great Italian fare. The zoo and Forest Park are a mile away, and make sure you hit Blueberry Hill for some great rock n' roll culture. You can't beat this location, and the hotel leaves little to be desired. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel as well as our neighborhood. We are happy that you got to enjoy your experience in The Delmar Loop! The staircase is a very popular feature of the hotel, many people have used them for wedding pictures and we've even had a couple get married on the staircase! I will address your concern with the chase lounge to our Director of Housekeeping. We hope that the next time you do com to the St. Louis area that you do choose to stay with us again!

Jake Westcott
WEST CHESTER, OHIO
Reviewed October 14, 2012

There's no way to do the Moonrise Hotel justice in a short review. I'd read about it here and seen pictures, but nothing prepared me for the jaw-dropping experience my wife and I had. We've had our share of "elaborate" and "themed" being members of the Disney Vacation Club. The Moonrise was every bit as "magically" and artfully appointed. The owner's love affair with all things outer-space is evident, from the rotating Moon on the roof to the beautiful vintage Paper Moon portraits on the wall. Our room was spacious with a very comfortable king-sized bed. The bathroom had a gorgeous rainfall shower and a relaxing spa tub. They use the same Spa2O bath supplies that are used on the Disney Cruise Line. The roof-top lounge was very unique with great views and so relaxing. With all the great local eats, the large and well equipped exercise room was a must. We also enjoyed a wonderful breakfast downstairs at the Eclipse restaurant and had a late night dessert from the 24-hour room service. We can't wait to go back to Saint Louis and the Delmar Loop and we WILL be staying at the Moonrise Hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your review of Moonrise! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us! I am glad you mentioned our bath products, as well. They tend to get overlooked sometimes, but we try to supply the best possible amenities for our guests! Many of our guests that arrive late or stay awake late appreciate that we offer 24-hour room service, too.

Please let us know if we may assist you with anything next time. We will see you again soon!

- Jason
Bloomington, Illlinois
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Loved the hotel. Plan on going back asap. Love The Loop area of st. louis with restaurants bars and shopping.

Stayed here because we went to a concert at the Pageant next door. Loved the Roof top bar and the Eclipse restaurant bar. Nice room service and great amenities and quirky moon themed decorations throughout! Most comfortable beds, lovely bath, etc., etc.

Loved it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and the area! There is a lot to see and explore in The Loop, including a lot of great shows at The Pageant.

Please let us know if we are able to assist you again. Thank you for staying and safe travels!

- Jason