“Cool place, good food!”
Review of Hi-Pointe Drive-In

Hi-Pointe Drive-In
Ranked #16 of 86 Quick Bites in Saint Louis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place consistently wins awards for great burgers and in my family's opinion it lived up to the hype. It is an order at the counter/ find your own table kind of place. It is usually very busy. It is owned by the folks who own Sugar Fire Barbecue so a lot of food has a bbq influence, which I loved. Great shakes and side dishes too. Funky decor and reasonable prices. ($60 for a family of 4, two of which are teenagers). The Cuban was delish and my daughter said her grilled cheese tacos were amazing too!We will back, its totally worth the hype!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

One of our group saw an advertisement for this place that featured giant hamburgers. That was pretty misleading. The burgers were very good but not as advertised.

I had a salmon blt that I really liked and it was really big. When they brought our order the server didn’t seem to have a clue about what we ordered, but it worked out fine. It’s a very busy place.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

We have tried without success for two years to get in. We were in the neighborhood around 10 a.m. (when they open on weekends) and noticed that there were parking places, but most of the indoor tables were already full.

The burgers look great, but at the price point they charge they should. Not cheap.

The burgers may be too salty for most but the flavor was fine.

The service is exceptionally slow, but it seems each burger is "custome made," so there is a tradeoff.

Will I go again, that is to be determined.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

My teenage son loved the hill in Forest Park, thought the City Museum was cool, and the Arch was fun. The Loop was interesting and the Basilica was impressive. However, the Hi-Pointe Drive In was the highlight of his weekend. We stumbled upon it on the way to the park, and ended up going back on another day. Then, on a road trip that passed through St Louis 6 months later, we planned our trip and route to bring us to Hi-Pointe around meal time. We had another teenage boy with us, whom we turned into another Hi-Pointe fan. Today, my parents and aunts will be driving by St Louis....guess where I told them they needed to stop for dinner? I have no doubt they, too, will love it. And I am very jealous thinking about their dinner plans.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Yummy burger your way! Bacon and egg is a plus! Mac and cheese is DELICIOUS! Great atmosphere! Family friendly!

Date of visit: May 2019