Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center
Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Warren, New Jersey
“College Visit”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visiting colleges can be a daunting experience, so when there was an opportunity to stay right on Washington University's campus the reservation was made quickly. The staff was extremely helpful to first time visitors, the room was perfect and the location excellent; all we needed to do was walk right across the campus for the tour. They also provided a roll away bed since all rooms have only one queen bed. Breakfast was included in the price, too. We will definitely go back if my son goes to WU!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed here with my daughter to visit WUSTL. The hospitality is outstanding and it truly provides the best opportunity for a visiting student to get a sense of the campus and walk to the Loop. The only disadvantage is that all rooms have Queen beds. We shared, but not all parent/child combos would want to :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sebagolizzy
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Center does not look like a hotel from the outside, but our room was very nice, especially for the price, which was discounted because our daughter is a student at WUSTL med school. The center is near the undergrad campus, which is best if you have a car. It's between Metro stops Big Bend and Skinker. Our view looked out onto construction, and I'm not sure when that will be completed. The reservation included a nice, free breakfast, featuring waffles, oatmeal and real maple syrup in little personal-sized jars. We also got a 2-for-1 coupon to the pub, but not for weekends. There were rooms for conference meetings, which had computers and printers, so I could print out my boarding pass, and there was a small workout room. However, there was no hotel gift shop, and it was a fairly long walk to any shopping area. The front desk people were very nice and one of them even lent me her umbrella for a walk when all the hotel umbrellas had been borrowed. Mostly, I'd say the price for what you get was the big selling point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look out onto the construction!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
united kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is part of the Wash U executive conference center. Situated at the edge of the beautiful campus the facilities are excellent- on a par with international four star hotels. Well appointed rooms, great bath products, bathrobe and soft towels plus free wi fi, multiple tv channels and plenty of space to work in this is a good bet if you need to be at the University or on this side of town. A footbridge takes you to a range of restaurants and shops in Delmar. Meals are available at the center and breakfast is included. The service is excellent. Friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I lived in St. Louis for several years and often go back to visit friends. My entire family was visiting for a weekend in October for a party and the hotel I booked originally oversold and they bumped us. Expedia called me and said they could put us up at the Knight Center. I wasn't familiar with the fact that Washington University had a hotel. As I mentioned, having lived in St. Louis, there are a lot more areas and places I WILL NOT stay than there are places I will stay. We lived in Ladue and I like to stay in the Clayton/Ladue area. I will not stay at any of the airport properties and we don't like to stay all the way downtown unless we are there for a baseball game - it is just too far. The hotels in downtown Clayton are just not that great. There are a couple of new ones (Homewood Suites and Spring Hill Suites) in Brentwood that are really nice and reasonably priced, but these usually book up well in advance. The Chase Park Plaza in Central West End is nice, but usually quite expensive.

Anyway, after a bit of research, I agreed to switch to the Knight Center. It was a great experience. The hotel is very quiet, the rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. The parking deck is very convenient to the lobby. They serve a nice continental breakfast and there is a bar in the building. I will definitely stay there again when I am back in town.

Room Tip: There was construction going on at Wash U (always) and the workmen got started obscenely early on Sa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah C
North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are visting Washu. Ross Hamilton is the manager and he is great, very helpful. Also good for the business traveler but about 20 minutes from downtown. Monday -Friday they have a small pub on site and snack room all the time. great breakfast in the morning. Each room is like being on a club floor.

Room Tip: Ask about special rates as a washu visitor
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mannaham
Elkhart, ILlinois, USA
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night, 1/15/12, which was the holiday weekend. The lodging facility as well as the campus were very quiet (due in part to the holiday weekend, I assume). We went to a concert at the Pageant a couple of miles up the road and picked this place for the slightly lower rate, the expected peace, free breakfast, snacks and drinks on each floor and free internet. I was given security credentials for the Wi-Fi, but didn't see that option listed in my connections (just used the non-secured network). Parking was across the street in the garage and was free on Sunday, but not on Monday. I opted against the $6 parking pass for Monday assuming that, like many campus parking rules, the first ticket would be a warning. We checked out at noon and found no ticket (again, maybe because it was a holiday). The location was a bit tricky to find, but I blame my out-dated GPS on that. Breakfast was average, got the job done and was worth WAY more than we paid for it. I appreciated the professionalism of the staff. One maid in particular chased us down after we left because my wife had left her contour pillow behind. Took a walk through the campus as well as the neighborhoods just north of campus, both were beautiful. I would recommend this property based on my first experience there. We also recommend www.baileyschocolatebar.com for dinner and/or dessert. It was a 15 minute drive to get there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple