“Best place to stay for Wash U campus visit!”

and 1 more site!
Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center
Ranked #74 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
San Clemente, California
“Best place to stay for Wash U campus visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The rooms were very clean, good food in the "pub" style sports bar. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were visiting the university for a campus tour/information special session and everyone was very helpful. Free breakfast and internet too though it would be nice if there were more places to sit for breakfast. The location is right on the campus and an easy walk to anywhere on campus and not far from Forest Park.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank DJM2320

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I'm a professional comedian, and I was performing at University of Washington. The Charles Knight conference center is located on the University campus. It was highly recommended to me by one of the students on the organizing committee for my show.

I checked out the website, and honestly I did not know what to expect. I called the hotel and spoke to a very, very nice gentleman named Brian, and his attitude and helpfulness convinced me – I honestly have never spoken to a nicer person at a hotel front desk in my life. Instead of the usual our policy is this or that, he seemed very flexible and willing to work with me if I needed to cancel the reservation.

One caveat – make sure you carry the hotel's phone number with you when you arrive. The reason being that all of the doors are locked, and it's impossible to get in, which is a little bit strange. I found this to be a little bit bizarre for a hotel – having no way to enter, and I almost lost my temper. Fortunately, I called the front desk and they came to let me in.

After this slightly inauspicious beginning, I have to tell you, I found this to be one of the most incredible hotel experiences in my life! When I checked in, the lady told me that there was a "pantry" on my floor in case I wanted a late-night snack. I checked it out, and I couldn't believe I was seeing. Pop tarts, cereals, Oreo cookies, granola bars, drinks, all completely free for the taking! I resisted the urge to be too greedy but I could see how somebody could be!

Funny thing was, I didn't see or hear anybody around, except for some people who were in a conference room...at 11 o'clock at night on a Thursday. Unlike many hotels, I had a wonderful sleep and didn't hear anybody yelling or screaming in the hallway all night.

I woke up and went down to breakfast, and saw the most amazing breakfast buffet, and the best part is that it's totally free! At this point I I'm starting to wonder how this place makes money! There were a lot of MBA looking types around, as this hotel is primarily a conference center for MBAs. There were some shared tables and I got to meet some nice people.

Even though I'm a comedian, I don't like to party on the road and I like to get to bed early. I was worried that there was going to be yelling and screaming and drunk students and all that nonsense but the people who are staying here are all professionals and thusly I had a fantastic night's sleep on both nights.

I explored the hotel a little bit more. Would you believe they have a free laundry for the guests? There are all kinds of conference rooms that are empty and open that you can use, with computers for printing anything you'd like, not just boarding passes, totally free! There is a very nice gym, but I was able to persuade the folks at the athletic complex to let me use it, and let me tell you they have everything you could imagine from an athletic standpoint, including Olympic size pool, basketball courts and a fantastic weight room.

After my workout, I returned to the hotel and saw a lunch buffet for $15 and plunked down my money and had the most magnificent all-you-can-eat lunch! And get this, you can't even tip the staff if you want to! At this time I'm thinking I have to pinch myself to believe this! I forgot to mention, wireless Internet access is completely free all around the hotel.

Add to this the fact that it's easy to get to this hotel from the airport by using the Metrolink train, which means you don't even have to rent a car which saves you money and helps the environment.

The Charles Knight Conference Center is truly a fantastic well-kept secret, and I wish that every hotel could be as wonderful. I have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels, and honestly this is the best experience I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
The Parkway Hotel
The Parkway Hotel
#34 of 121 in Saint Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Seven Gables Inn
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
The Cheshire
#38 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center? Share your experiences!