“Nice but you won't sleep well”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice but you won't sleep well”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Everything about the hotel was excellent except that the rooms have the types of doors that close behind you on their own, rather loudly. Not obtrusive during the day but very unpleasant at night whenever another guest anywhere near you goes in or out of their room, as they did all night long while I was there. Not the guests' fault, they were generally quiet; just the damn doors...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 26, 2011
Dear NEEDSLEEPOK ,

It's great to hear you enjoyed most of your stay with us. I do apologize that you weren't able to sleep very well. If you could contact me at mark.angle-tyler@hyatt.com . So we can further discuss your issue. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next trip to St. Louis.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is a phenominal hotel! The room we stayed in was newly renovated, soft king sized bed, very comfortable, 14th floor view of the arch, big shower, and very clean. Staff were friendly. So close to everything! Will definitely stay there again. We pricelined it and got a very cheap deal!

• Stayed February 2011
Dear beccaboo2001,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad you enjoyed how close we are to all the local attractions. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My wife and I wanted a hotel in downtown St. Louis to celebrate our anniversary.
We bid $60 on priceline and got the Hiatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch.
When we arrived, the lady at the check in desk decided to give us a "nice room" for the occasion.
We got a very large room at the 16th floor with a large window facing the Arch.
The room was really nice and so was the bathroom.
The king bed was very comfortable!
Everything was in top shape including the large and pretty bathroom.
The AC system was great as well!
Although the hotel offered a $35 valet parking, we were advised that we can park our car at the "Mansion Parking" (one block north). It cost us $5 to park our car there.
They do charge for wireless Internet but also offer wired connection (I don't know if it is free or not).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear Lamalo,

I'm so glad you were able to spend your anniversary with us! It's sounds like you had a great time, and I'm glad we were able to make that special for you. We always try to go out of our way to make your special occasion even better! I do want to point out that we do offer valet parking for $26 and self parking for $20. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.

OHIO
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Have stayed at the Hyatt a couple times before and it never disappoints. The interaction with the staff was always friendly and they remember you every time you see them. Accidently forgot to put the do not disturb sign on the door before we left for the day and I never let the maid come in our room when we aren't there at any hotel. When we returned to our room I was very impressed with the fact that the room was not only clean but the jewelry we left and cash that was left out was still there!!! After that we trusted to have our room cleaned the rest of our stay while we were out. The only compliant that I have was that when I requested a room with an arch view was told it would be an additional $30 a night which in past stays we weren't charged extra. Will stay there every time I come to St. Louis! Also, Ruth's Chris was excellant!!!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2011

You can't beat the location of this hotel. The fitness center was one of the best Ive seen at a hotel. The rooms were great and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would for sure stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear RK2004,

I'm happy to hear you had a good time at our hotel. The fitness center is very top of the line and I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it! thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.

boston
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I've stayed at this Hyatt in Stl Louis at the Arch before and it is consistently a great hotel. The staff is as as friendly as Disney - and since Disney runs in my blood, that is saying a lot! Each staff that I met eyes with, greeted my with a friendly and sincere "good morning". Jasmine checked my in late at night - and she was efficient and courteous. Most followed up by asking if there was anything they could help me with. I tested one person one time and asked if they could recommend a place for live music on a Monday night. Janelle (forgive the spelling) brought me over to "Kevin" who is the resident "Live Music Guru". He made several friendly and persuasive recommendations - I look forward to visting one this evening. The room was very clean. The lobby offered free Internet - there is a significant charge for it in the rooms, however. A tidbit, I registered for a Hyatt Gold Passport several years ago - this hotel offers free Internet AND free Starbucks Coffee with that free membership. That's cool - thank you :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear drelinger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story of your recent stay. It's wonderful to hear you had such kind words for our staff. Janelle, and yes you spelled it right, and the rest of our staff that you mentioned will be thrilled to hear you had such kind words for them. It's also great to hear you have taken full advantage of all the benefits that come with signing up for our Gold Passport Program through Hyatt. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis!

Missouri
Reviewed February 13, 2011

we stayed in one of the suites on the 9th floor, which had a fantastic view of the arch. the room was large and very comfortable. I did not notice anything that was not clean, however, I noticed that the door to the bathroom area needed some repair as the paneling appeared to be peeling. other than that small issue the room was worth the price in my opinion. we did have one bigger issue, this room was booked as part of the valentine day package which included champagne and truffles. It took way too long for this to be delivered. we had to call twice with an overall wait time of probably 45 minutes. I don't understand what the hold up was but I would think they would be a little quicker with delivery. we ate at the red kitchen (in the hotel) the next morning and found the buffet to be delicious. wait staff was attentive and we enjoyed a nice meal. my only complaint here was the customers dressed in their jammy pants. come on people... you are not in your house and this is not a motel 6, put on some real pants please....

Dear hulagirl98,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I did, however, want to furthur discuss some of the issue that occurred during your stay; If you could contact me (mark.angle-tyler@hyatt.com). Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.