“Great Hotel with a Super Friendly Staff!!!”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, AR
“Great Hotel with a Super Friendly Staff!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My fiance and I met another couple in St. Louis for the weekend and stayed at the Hyatt by the Arch because we got such a great deal on Priceline. When we checked in, Katherine, made sure that she put us in adjoining rooms. She asked us if we wanted an Arch view or if we wanted to be upgraded to a suite. It was a tough choice but we chose the suite and it was a great decision. The suite was AWESOME! It had a little kitchen area and a living room area for lounging and visiting, which we wanted to do that night since we had brought our own wine. We also asked about area eateries and the concierge got us hooked up. So friendly!

No complaints at all! Super nice place with comfy beds and very nice, modern rooms. If you are looking to stay in downtown St. Louis you can't go wrong with this place. We will for sure be back! Loved it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Dear brockidd,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate your business! I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our property. Thank you for your comments, I will make sure Katherine will know of the great things being said about her. As well as our concierge! We look forward to seeing you again here in St. Louis!

Andrew Wrozek - Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Korean first
Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our hotel room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom was VERY nice and clean! We had wonderful cleaning service. The hotel is nice and the restaurant were nice, but over priced. You can walk 2 blocks and get a better meal for a better price. We had our 6 year old with us and he was pretty bored in the hotel. The only thing there for him to do was watch cartoons and that is if the cable was coming in. There wasn't a pool to play in. I like to work out, but couldn't go and take him because you have to be 18 or older. Great hotel but if you are traveling with kids under 18, I woudln't recommend this htoel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear carverm2,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you for your candid comments. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. It seems like your 6 year old did not have fun while they stayed. I am sorry for this. There are a lot of fun activities outside of the Hotel in the downtown area such as The City Museum, City Gardens, and the Magic House for all to enjoy.

Our Fitness Center does have an age limit, but children can go into the Center as long as long as an Adult accompanies them. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will give us another chance.

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel will neglect to bill you for services then charge you out of the blue for parking or internet a full 9 months after your stay. I find that an unacceptable policy and would never stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Dear onanov,

I am sorry to see that you were charged for parking after you were checked out. I am sorry if this caused any type of inconveinence. If you would like to speak to a Hotel Manager feel free to contact me anytime. (andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com)

Arkansas
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We just returned from a European trip where 5 star hotels are no nicer than a US 2 star hotel. So, our expectations were lower than usual. However, we could not have asked for a better experience.

We decided last minuted to take a short mini-vacation to St. Louis for some good food and baseball. The Hyatt Regency is located perfectly across the street from the arch and within very do-able walking distance from the baseball stadium.

Nick greeted me at check-in with a smile and friendly welcome and efficiently checked us in to our 15th floor room. The room was newly updated and had a nice view of the arch. The bedding was fresh and clean and the flat screen tv was nice. We had a two double bed room. The room was a little on the small side, but DH, DD and I had plenty of room for a two night stay.

There was some sort of golf tournament and a plumbing convention going on, so the lobby was busy at times and there was a small line at check-in. We did have to wait a few minutes for elevators one of the nights we stayed, but on the whole, the hotel was quiet and very un-rushed feeling. We had no issues with noisy neighbors or hallway noise. The bedding was quite comfortable.

I declined parking at the hotel ($25 valet, $20 self-park--both with in and out priv.) My husband parked at Mansion House Parking approx 1 1/2 blocks past the hotel ($3 on weekend, $8 on weekdays--no in and out) and quickly walked back to meet me.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel and the food was excellent. The menu selections at RED looked fantastic, too. We just didn't have a chance to try it.

The only complaints I have were housekeeping issues. I found a used washcloth behind the door of the bathroom when we checked in. I guess that was an easy to miss spot, because housekeeping failed to collect a second towel that had fallen in the same place the next day. Also, we didn't get any additional supplies left for the second day of our stay--shampoo, soap, etc. With three of us sharing the room, we could have used a second bottle of conditioner.

Overall, a great stay. We will stay again our next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank arkansashunters
Dear arkansashunters,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our property. I will make sure that Nick knows of the great things you had to say about him. I apologize for the Housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. I will pass along that information so we can correct it for future guests. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again!

Happy Traveling,

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency of St. Louis this past week (7/28-7/30) for our one-year wedding anniversary. We arrived and parked in the garage a block or so away in order to keep from paying the high valet fee. Check in was a breeze, and our room was nice. (Although the view of the roof was not really what we were looking for, I understand not every room will have an Arch view.) Everything was fine until we were outside waiting on the shuttle to take us to the Lumiere Casino. We had been at Six Flags all day, and my husband and I were tired and EXTREMELY sore! We had been waiting over 20 minutes for a shuttle that we were told was coming in about 5 minutes. While we were waiting, my husband was leaning up against a tall flower planter that was serving as a bench for him. There were no other seats, and his ankle was throbbing. The only bench was about half a block down from our pick up spot, and a homeless man was sitting on it at the time. During this time, a man walked up and said to my husband "I am the manager, and the flowers don't live if you are sitting on them." My husband proceeded to stand up and looked at the man who then stated "That was very rude." Now, I understand that it might have been rude if he didn't stand up, or if he had made some sort of off-handed comment. This was not the case. The manager did not say anything else and just strolled right into the hotel. I find this incredibly rude on his part. I understand that he should have been watching for the flowers, but there was no other place to sit. He was tired and sore, and we had been waiting for a LONG time. Maybe I am taking this a little too seriously, but I feel that as the manager, he should have been more obliging to his customers. Needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel. If the management cannot be more understanding or kind to the people staying there, then I will find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allimac80
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear allimac80,

I apologize on behalf of the Hyatt staff here in St. Louis for the way the Manager handled this situation. I was not aware of this until I read your post. Please forgive us. If you would like to speak more about your situation, feel free to contact me, andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

I hope you will give us another chance here in St. Louis and not let this one incident represent the management team or style here at the Hyatt.

Anna, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Last weekend we booked a trip through Hyatt Hotels, for a inclusive Cardinal Game tickets, hotel, free Rawlings baseball bat and $10.00 drink coupon all for $250.00. It was well worth it, the tickets were great (outfield boxes) and the room was exceptional. Overall, very clean hotel and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only hitch was check-in was a bit slow but the room was ready on time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave S
Dear sully64,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We were glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed our Cardinals Baseball package. We appreciate your feedback about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in St. Louis. Go Cardinals!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 2, 2010

When we arrived at the Hyatt Regency we went to park in their parking garage and the garage was full. We were told to park at a different parking garage a few blocks away. The other garage was creepy and smelled like a dead person. We had to walk a couple of blocks to get back to the Hyatt with all of our luggage in the pouring down rain. When we finally got to our room (room 666, eek!!) it was extremely hot in there. We turned on our a/c and it cooled off a bit. When we got back to our room later that night, it was hot again! I called the front desk and they had to send someone up to fix it. All in all, it was a nice room, but I'm not sure it was worth the $170 I paid for it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jamhick
Dear jamhick,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreicate your business. I apologize about the parking situation and the A/C issue. I am sorry if this caused any type of inconveinence to your stay. I hope you were able to speak with a Manager before you left the property. If not, feel free to contact me. (andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com).

Thank you for your feedback.