“Nice room, crappy parking..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

You added Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   315 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1813 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice room, crappy parking..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

When we arrived at the Hyatt Regency we went to park in their parking garage and the garage was full. We were told to park at a different parking garage a few blocks away. The other garage was creepy and smelled like a dead person. We had to walk a couple of blocks to get back to the Hyatt with all of our luggage in the pouring down rain. When we finally got to our room (room 666, eek!!) it was extremely hot in there. We turned on our a/c and it cooled off a bit. When we got back to our room later that night, it was hot again! I called the front desk and they had to send someone up to fix it. All in all, it was a nice room, but I'm not sure it was worth the $170 I paid for it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jamhick
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear jamhick,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreicate your business. I apologize about the parking situation and the A/C issue. I am sorry if this caused any type of inconveinence to your stay. I hope you were able to speak with a Manager before you left the property. If not, feel free to contact me. (andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com).

Thank you for your feedback.

Andrew Wrozek - Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Korean first
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Absolutely Beautiful!
BRIEF walk to Busch Stadium. Right AT Arch. We had two arch view rooms - great.
15-20 minute wait at check-in (packed for Cardinals game).
Elevators - long waits after check-in (and we arrived @ 1 hr after check-in time). We left 30 minutes before check out, and had to wait even longer then. Finally went up, so we could get on the elevator - and even the first one of those was full!
We ordered room service so we would not have to contend w/ elevators & unknown breakfast waits.
Room service (ordered night before) - right on time, and delicious!
Parking - we paid for self-park ($19 vs. $25 valet) & were given a key to exit parking lot. We were directed to a parking lot that was QUITE a walk. When we left & went to exit the parking lot, we were told by the attendant that we had to have our ticket validated at the hotel. Had to park again, & walk back to hotel. Hotel staff said that they do not validate tickets. They had sent us to a lot that they only use when THEIR lot is full. They refunded the self-park, and we went back & paid $8 to get out of the parking lot.
We prefer to self park b/c the kids always end up leaving something in the car, and we know where the car is (and we ended up having to make 2 treks to the car). We also don't know how long we would have had to wait for the car to arrive. Fortunately, it was not raining when we parked or made trips to the car. We were a bit miffed w/ the hotel for allowing us to "buy" the self park & were not informed the lot we were sent to was not hotel affiliated, thus causing us such a hassle at the end.
Business center: Was told that I could take my laptop & connect to printer. True - no charge for using my laptop. Prints would be 25 cents for b/w; & $1.50 for color. False, but they honored the price quoted by the front desk. First printer connected to was jammed, and could not be resolved. Next one did not work. 3rd time a charm. I was also told that I could not print in color - but I selected color anyway - and it worked. It was a hassle. Fortunately the people who were using computers when I arrived ended up leaving, otherwise I would have had to wait for these too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank guvyo
Dear guvyo,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback from your stay. I apologize for the long waits at check in and check out, as well as the parking situation that you were involved in. I am sorry if this caused any type of inconveinence to your stay. When our parking garage is full we refer people to park in the Mansion House Garage because it is so close to our property. I apologize that no one informed you on the procedures for that particular garage.

If you would like to speak more about your trip with me, email me at (andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com), I would love to hear from you.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed here for three nights as part of our summer vacation. The hotel is situated right across from the St Louis arch, so really is in an ideal location. Busch Stadium is also a walkable few blocks away.

We've stayed in several Hyatts before and have always found them to be a good balance of quality and value. This one is no exception, but it was hosting a large convention for the duration of our stay which made the communal areas extremely busy the whole time, day and night, Our room was on the 11th floor and every lift journey took ages as people got on and off at every floor.

Our standard room was perfectly acceptable, exactly what you'd expect from a Hyatt, but perhaps still felt a little underwhelming after we'd seen the hotel's extensive advertising campaign at the airport, which obviously features images of larger, superior rooms with views of the arch - we of course had nothing of the sort. My request for a king bed (instead of the two queens we were given) was turned down flat due to the busy-ness brought by the convention.

After checking in, we thought we'd get a beer in the downstairs bar, which wasn't particularly busy. We stood at the bar waiting to be served, however after being ignored for 5 minutes by at least three members of staff, we left and got a drink elsewhere - disappointing.

That aside, overall this is a perfectly acceptable hotel in a great location - I think we were just a bit unlucky. We'll stay at a Hyatt again in future I'm sure.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Dear emma2212,

Thank You for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate you staying at our property. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We like to hear what guests have to say about their stay. I am sorry for the large crowds. I know that we were really busy while you were here and I hope it didn't inconveinence you too much. We sure would like to see you again. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt!

Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Took advantage of Hyatt's stay 2 get 1 free promotion. As my stay was complimentary, I was pleasantly surprised when my check-in agent Laure, informed me that I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite!

The front desk staff are extremely well-mannered, courteous, and professional, exactly what I would expect from a 4 diamond full-service hotel. My check-in agent also gave me her business card in case I had any questions!

I arrived on a Friday evening and the entire hotel was a zoo! Guests were talking really loud both in the lobby and on my floor, the 10th floor!!!

The Jr Suite itself was huge! The King-sized bed was really comfortable and the linens were top notch! I enjoyed the two LCD TVs in my room, but thought it was odd that the TV didn't have HD channels...

The Herman Miller Aeron chair was definitely a luxury touch, although there was no work table to officially use the office chair?!?

The bathroom was perfect! My favorite part of the bathroom were the magnets on the bottom of the inside shower curtain to prevent the shower curtain from moving around while in the shower!

Tip: Parking at the garage next to the Crowne Plaza is $6/nite, instead of the $19 on-site self-park or $25 valet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Yum E
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear sofaonasock1,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate your business here at the Hyatt. I was pleased to read that Laure was so accommodating. I will pass along the good news to her. I appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We love to hear guest feedback! I am sorry for the noise on your floor, I hope you had the chance to report that to Security, so they could investigate where the noise was coming from. I am sorry if that caused any type of inconveinence to your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again here in St. Louis.

Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The only drawback- and I say this upfront- is the lack of a pool/hot tub. Really they need this! Otherwise- totally happy with my stay. The lobby is easy to navigate and attractive, there is a Starbucks a steakhouse and a pub, and everyone was very accommodating- especially the concierge guy, I think his name was Matt? His friend works for Phish-anyways he was incredibly helpful whenever I went to him with questions about where to go, how to get there etc. I had a room with a great view of the Arch- really you can't get any closer to it than the hyatt! The room was large, nicely appointed, and very clean. The pub had great food and the bartender was friendly- shook my hand when I sat down. Good selection of local beers ( and I don't mean Budweiser!). St Louis was a great town and if I return I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was a winning bid on priceline so I got a great deal too:)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
Dear serval_girl,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreicate your feedback. I am sorry for not having a pool/hot tub on site. I apologize if this caused any type of inconveinence to your stay. I will make sure Matt knows of the great things you said of him. I know he will appreciate your comments. Remember the Hyatt in St. Louis the next time you are looking to get away for the weekend.

Southeast Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We got our room through priceline (4 star/downtown) for $50, however, I would have gladly paid more for the space and amazing bathroom area!! The location was perfect for our trip to Busch Stadium and the Arch. You are only a few short steps away from both. The room was very modern and the bathroom was HUGE. My only complaint might be that they should put queen size beds instead of full size beds in the room, because there is definitely room. The lobby is gorgeous and the desk service was fantastic. One word of advice, self parking ($19) was full when we arrived around 5 p.m. that day, so we went ahead and used the valet ($24). Since we got such a great room deal, I didn't mind paying a little more to park. There is also a self parking garage a block over or so and it's $8. However, I wouldn't want to carry too much luggage, etc.. that far. The hotel also has some great places to dine!! Enjoy the Hyatt!! Worth the $$$!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear newwest306,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate your business. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our property. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Checked in here for a one night stay when many hotels in the city were sold out. The reservation was for a standard room, at about $280.

Since it was my first time staying in St. Louis, I asked for an upgrade to an Arch View room, based on my Hyatt Diamond status (their highest level). I was told the hotel was sold out and no better rooms were available. Fine, it happens, I took my standard room. Unfortunately, both of my colleagues who checked in after me received better rooms - one to an Arch View, the other to a Jr. Suite. Adding insult to injury, one of these colleagues has no status at Hyatt and the other does not even have a Gold Passport number!

Although the standard room I did receive was fairly nice and the hotel is well located (close to Tony's and the Arch), I was pretty offended by the upgrade situation compared to my colleagues.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear troyb4321,

Let me apologize on behalf of the Hyatt in St. Louis for not exceeding your expectations. Please forgive us. I am sorry if this caused any type of inconveinence to your stay. If you would like to speak to a Hotel Manager, feel free to contact me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com. I would love to hear from you.