“Nice Stay!!!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Stay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel has great location, and rooms with view to the Arch. The staff is really friendly and the restaurants in the hotel are great. The only disadvantage to me was that they don't have a pool. The best thing in the hotel is the breakfast buffet.

Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dean_G1991
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dean_G1991,
Thank you so much for the wonderful 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the buffet in the Red Kitchen and Bar. We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future!

chris.carter@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here recently for some business meetings, and it was a great trip. (NOTE: I was able to get a great corporate rate to stay here).

PROs
- great bed
- decent sized room
- great location
- friendly staff
- fairly large fitness center (open 24-hours)
- above average 'hotel' catered food at lunch

CONs
- none on this trip

I'm normally a Marriott or Hilton guy, but this was one of the best Hyatt experiences I've had in years!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Berentski
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Berentski,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the wonderful 4-Star Review. We hope that you will be able to return to us soon, this time with less work to do!

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was a good stay with only a few issues. Positives: room was clean and the staff all friendly. The restaurants attached were all good as well. The starbucks can be billed to your room...which i enjoyed! Our group had a reception on the roof and it was very nice. Cons: requested a room with a view of the arch, and was told I had one, but couldnt see even a corner of it. Not a big deal but would rather they just said my room didn't have one. My bill had a parking charge when I didnt have a car for the trip so just watch your bill. And there was some confusion with my credit card as well but everything did get resolved rather quickly.

Otherwise the location was great and the trip was fun.

Location
mnotton,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the great 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our in-house Starbucks! Please feel free to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to St. Louis. I would love to make sure you have a full view of the Gateway Arch.

Pennsylvania Furnace, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was nice, the location was great, especially since we were there overnight for a baseball game.

When I received my credit card statement I had over $700 of bogus charges.

When I called to dispute the charges they were unable to find my reservation, but they had a record of someone with another name, in another room, for a couple of nights charged to my credit card.

How can someone charge my card, without the card, using a name different from what was on the card?

Had to be either an inside job or pure incompetence.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank OOOBBB
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
OOOBBB,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we may discuss your stay in more detail. This is not representative of the high standards we set for ourselves here at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis.

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Room was really nice, bed was comfortable, staff was professional and it was just a short walk to the arch. Very clean and beautiful hotel. The only drawback is parking at the hotel is $21 - there is public parking close that is cheaper but it was kind of hard to find in the dark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GilmoreGirl75,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the excellent 5 Star Review of your recent stay with us. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a well done Hyatt Regency - Friendly and helpful staff, located a short walk to Busch Stadium and plenty of local places for food & entertainment.
Check in was fast and simple and Surprise! they even offered free internet! I can never understand how a lot of major hotel is still charging $10-14 for internet service. As a business traveler I find this obnoxious. Especially when you are paying $300 for a night and 20% taxes.
The lobby is large, with 3 Restaurants - Italian, Steak (Ruth Chris) and a nice little sports bar/pub.
Menus were interesting, however I was in on business and being late, opted to just take out from the pub, rather then call room service. More choices and the food is good. Staff in the pub were eager to help and made sure that the order was correct - at least they cared, you don't see enough of that around these days.
Elevators were fast and the other guests were all courteous - so I assume they were happy staying there.
My only complaint would be the rooms were rather stark. There was really no specific feel to the room except dull. I almost seem liked they had just put furniture into a room with no thought to the space. For the cost of the room, you would expect a little more luxury.
Bathrooms were not large, with a Tub/Shower. But not cramped. My room had a large walk in closet that made no sense - lots of wasted space. Mini Fridge in the room with $3.50 water bottles. Again - Hyatt Gold members should have at least one free bottle of water.
The proximity to the Arch, Busch and town warrants the price I guess.
I would most likely go back just for it's location.

Room Tip: Facing the Arch of course - it is right across the street
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lou M
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Lou M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the great 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed dining at our Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar. We hope that business will bring you back to be our guest in the near future!

South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I do not know where to start, from Charles at check in to Keith, Jay and Andy in Guest Services to Kat at the Red Kitchen Bar and Liz at the Brewhouse Sports Bar the service was amazing. I stayed there for a week (July 5th to July 12th) and could not have been happier. Check in was smooth and amazing. Charles was very pleasant and knowledgeable and willing to help.

Keith, Jay and Andy at Guest Services could not have been more helpful and remembered me even though the hotel was completely sold out. They always had a smile on their faces and were willing to interact with all of the guests. These three gentlemen are a true asset to the Hyatt.

Liz in the Brewhouse Sports Bar also remembered us after just our first visit. The Brewhouse is a great place to get something to eat or for that late night cocktail. It is opened late and Liz was an amazing waitress with an amazing smile and a great personality. She went above a beyond to help us out with recommendations of what to eat and places of interest in the area.

Kat in the Red Kitchen Bar was very pleasant and helpful with recommending drinks and helping me to concoct a drink that I would like.

The rooms are normal size rooms, very comfortable for two people with two beds. The view was amazing, looking out at the Mississippi River. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Once the door was shut, we never heard any noise or people in the hallways.

The bathroom was spacious and immaculate. The counter space was amazing. Housekeeping kept everything very tidy and neat.

A lot of attractions within walking distance of the hotel Arch Park is across the street (to the left of the main entrance to the hotel) and when the construction is complete (construction is for the 250th anniversary of the Arch) you will be able to walk out of the hotel and across the street into the park. Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, is a block and a half away and a very easy walk. Many fans stayed at the Hyatt Regency while I was there to catch the weekend series. The Edward Jones Dome Convention Center is about four blocks up the road but it was a very comfortable walk and everything is well posted so as not to get lost when trying to find it.

It was a pleasure staying here and I will definitely stay again when business sends me to St. Louis.

I highly recommend this location if in town for business, pleasure, sightseeing or anything. You will love it.

Room Tip: If available, as for a room the looks out at the Arch.
1 Thank kermit450
Kermit450,
Thank you so very much for the outstandingly detailed 5-Star Review of your recent stay with us. It makes us genuinely happy to hear that our staff had such a profound impact on your stay. I will certainly pass along your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time your travels bring you to us.