“Great location and fantastic customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #18 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roswell, Georgia
“Great location and fantastic customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I wasn't too thrilled about having to travel to St. Louis but left very impressed with the area. Check in was quick and Keith, the hotel ambassador (so I call him), is awesome! Engaged everyone in conversation--so pleasant and refreshing! The suite I was in was beautiful--I had a partial view of the arch and I could see Busch stadium and the new buildings adjacent to the stadium (I can't remember the name). Food in the restaurants was very good. The reason I didn't give this property an excellent rating is the the room didn't have a dresser, rather wicker baskets you pull out to put your clothes in and smoking is allowed in front of the main entrance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LuvTurks-Caicos
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Good evening LuvTurks-Caicos,

Thank you very much for your 4 star review of our hotel and your recent stay. We have a great asset at the hotel with Keith here. I will deifnitely be sure to pass on your feedback to his manager to ensure he gets the proper kudos!

Jeremy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

First time to St Louis. Hotel is not the newest building and could probably do with a remodel, but the lobby is large and open, and everything works. On the lobby level, there is a main bar (quite trendy) with a restaurant. There is also a sports bar in the corner, the Stay Fit 24 hr gym is also at lobby level (and while not one of the best Hyatt gyms I have used, it has an ample quantity of machines, is large and open and has cold towels in a small fridge, scales that are actually accurate and up to date Cybex equipment). Cross Trainers are latest model.

When I checked in, staff member was pleasant and to my surprise went and called a colleague over - who was a very charismatic guy (their VIP Manager). He gave me his card and insisted that if there was anything I needed at all, then dont hesitate. I thought it was a nice personal touch. Never met a VIP Manager before.

Room was on Level 17, which is the same floor as the Regency Lounge. Always request a room on the club floor if you can. Regency lounge is quite large, and breakfast was standard lounge issue (not quite the same selection as Orlando) but not bad, Coffee machine makes a decent coffee and wifi works well in lounge.

Wifi is charged at 9.95 for standard 24-hours but Diamonds receive complimentary access.

Room was perfectly fine. Bathroom a wee bit small, but water pressure was good. View was internal but I was too busy working to be worried about it. Thing I liked most about the room was that at last there was a decent desk chair (Aeron). I travel for work and have to sit at a desk for most of the time in the room and the amount of times I have to sit on some silly looking and highly uncomfortable chair amazes me. Kudos to Hyatt St Louis for investing in decent furniture for the business traveler.

Ended up eating dinner at Ruths Chris - which is also on the lobby level. Not bad. Expensive but the food is always reliable. Will post separate review.

All in all, the Hyatt at St Louis is not the newest in the Hyatt fleet, but its like a old Cadillac. It has most of the features of the newer properties, but just looks a bit dated (hallways, rooms, exterior) but what it lacks in "appearance" it certainly makes up with friendly and professional staff, wifi which cranks, a lounge which is functional and a gym with up to date equipment. Also in a good location.

Will happily stay again.

Room Tip: Club Lounge is on 17th Floor. Gym is at Lobby Level.
Green Features: Wasnt aware of them and didnt stay more than one night to experience housekeeping
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good evening eightblack,

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating and detailed description of our hotel. We appreciate you providing your feedback and look forward to sharing it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Thank you.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Came to St. Louis for a baseball game and the Hyatt at the arch is a perfect location! 4 blocks from Busch stadium, tones of food and bars and even some shopping around :) hotel is very clean the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are great and ours even had a great view of the Arch. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2014
Good evening livingbrown,

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments about our clean facility to our housekeeping department. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was quick and pleasant. Great location to visit/see the Arch. Our biggest complaint was soundproofing. You could hear footsteps outside your door and people talking as if they were in the room with you. You could hear every door open and close on your floor. Sooo annoying when you are trying to catch some Z's. What made this worse was the crazy housekeeping lady that went up and down the halls at exactly 8am and banged on the doors and screamed "housekeeping!!!" at least four tines per door. You could hear her go and shout at a dozen or so rooms. Seriously?!? How rude is that right before your alarm goes off in the morning? That really did put a damper on our stay because I t was rough falling asleep to the sound of all the guest in the hallways, elevators, and rooms and then the loud housekeeping lady in the morning. Other than that it was a good stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good evening jetkaiser,

Thank you very much for your 4 star review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our staff. I will be in contact with our engineering department to see what we can do about better soundproofing our guest rooms so our guests are not disturbed during their stay.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Rooms are fair at best. No free wi-fi. No hair dryer and when we requested one (which I'm still waiting on as I post this), hotel operator was rude!!! I'd pass on this one. There seems to be a large selection so I'd research better than we did and pick a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Good evening TamBabb,

I wanted to reach out to you and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. I will be in touch with our housekeeping team to make sure the proper items are in the rooms for all of our guests. I will also be in contact with our telecommunications manager regarding the hotel operators. We will use your feedback as a coaching opportunity to make our product better for the future.

Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We get to the hotel and the guy who "helped" us get our luggage to the room was a jerk - super patronizing! My kids go in the bathroom and it has left over poop - yup! poop! I flushed it, lol! I go to change my baby's diaper and find hair on the pillow. I start looking around and the tiny room was filthy! The walls had gunk on them as if they've never been cleaned. They moved us to another room, it was bigger but A LOT worse! Thank God, my hubby brought Clorox wipes-which after cleaning, turned brown. Among other things, we couldn't even get under the covers in one of the beds because we found MORE hair...from "down there"!!!!! I said it before and I'll say it again, maybe the reason we got the worst of the worst of rooms is because we didn't look rich enough or white enough...who knows, but PLEASE, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Leoandgabriela E
Good evening Leoandgabriela E,

Thank you very much for your review with us. I wanted to apologize for the inconvenicnes you experienced at our hotel. You can be assured all of your issues will be addressed with the appropriate departments to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to hotel management if you have any further questions or concerns.

Archie, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean. Nice staff. Only complaint which is kinda my fault is the halls are very confusing.lol so if u plan on partying down at the landing good luck trying to find your room. The halls are like a maze.lol
My husband and I are planning a return trip, hopefully sometime soon and would stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good evening Kelsey W,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We appreciate positive feedback we can share with our staff. Hopefully we will see you again when you return to St. Louis!