“Great location right next to Arch”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location right next to Arch”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel although a bit dated in the rooms. They spent $62m on an upgrade? Not sure about that but for location it's excellent. Check in was fine and breakfast was good. Enjoyed the service in the red bar. As for downtown St. Louis the arch is it unless there is a baseball game on. What's with US downtown cities that have no shops in them? Except NY and Chicago of course!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike4488
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you very much for the 4-Star review Mike4488! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location nect to the Gateway Arch. Next time you are in St.Louis our Guest Services team would be more than happy to assist you in finding some wonderful shopping!

Warm Regards,

Chris Carter
chris.carter@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2014

location- very good/downtown.... lots of transients and close to party area, which I suppose it good and bad.
staff- accommodating, but some a bit sour.
room- small- 2 double beds made it tough to fit a small family. small and oldish bathroom.
amenities- pool, okay, no hot tub or anything like that as far as we could tell. pool was not very warm.
everything was upcharged- parking, internet, even water in the room.

I'm sure it's okay for biz travelers- but for families who want to stay in the thick of town, nah.

quite pricey for what you got.

would probably stay here again if traveling alone for business where someone else was paying for room and name... but that's about it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Good evening tvdirector,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I wanted to reach out to you about your concerns while staying at our hotel. Our hotel does offer larger rooms for people travelling with families. Please see our front desk staff regarding these options when checking in.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch for 4 nights from the 9th of April until the 13th of April. This was a business trip for the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Shakespeare Association of America. The public areas of the hotel were nicely appointed and comfortable to be in; the conference venues were open and welcoming as opposed to claustrophobic and uncomfortable as they sometimes are at large academic meetings. The front desk staff was helpful and attentive. The room I stayed in with a colleague was large, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. My only complaint with the room itself is that it was difficult to keep the space at a good temperature; it was either too cold or too hot. But I attribute that to my inability to work the thermostat properly rather than anything wrong with the room itself. Room service was prompt and the food choices were sufficient. The hotel restaurant was also comfortable with a good menu selection and friendly staff. I believe there were 2 conferences going on at the same time during my visit. That made for rather lengthy lines for the onsite Starbucks at all times. But the staff at the Starbucks were friendly and worked hard to get folks in and out with their beverages and foods of choice. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch as a place to stay.

Room Tip: The room I was in, 996, was quite the hike from the elevators. It would be nice if the property inst...
Green Features: The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch's environmentally-friendly practices were the standard one finds in hotels all over the United States. Still, they were very much appreciated.
2 Thank Anthony P
AnthonyP, thank you for your wonderful 5-Star review of your recent stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the Shakespeare Association of America, and hope that your travels bring you to our City again soon.

Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location, I've stayed here often, even back when it was the Adam's Mark. This stay the place is looking a little tired. Did not get a "superior" room, and the standard room is in need of attention. No coffee in the room is a pain.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Good evening cbxx,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is what allows us to improve our services in the future. I will definitely be in touch with our housekeeping department with your concerns.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Newton, Kansas
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed first part of April. This is a very nice hotel two great bars and just a short walk to the ball park. The arch is right out the door of the hotel. Did not have much time to walk the area other then the ball park.

Would stay again and will be in a few weeks.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
luvtotravel05, thank you for your 4-Star review of our Property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning soon! Please reach out to me directly so that I can ensure that this stay is just as wonderful!

st. paul
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt last week. My room was clean, the beds were comfortable and there was very little noise from other rooms or the hallway. My experience with the front desk was great, however I was part of a large group checking in all at the same time. My reserved room wasn't ready but they found a very suitable substitute and I was able to get in my room just after noon. I found all the staff to be helpful and courteous. Only downside was not much of a view out of the window.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Radmerm, Thank you for your 4-Star review of your current stay with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay and we were able to accomodate your early check-in. We hope that your travels bring us back to St. Louis soon.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My experience this past weekend with the Hyatt St. Louis at the Arch was unpleasant. Mostly it had to do with the front desk staff. We had reservations booked and were told they were sold out and we had to leave the hotel. They said they would locate another hotel for us - which they did - at about $150.00 more per night and a 15 minute drive outside of the city!! Ultimately, we decided to end our weekend early and made the long drive home - in the evening, as they did not call to tell me we needed to leave until late afternoon. I missed several of my appointments due to trying to show them proof of my reservation. (all I had was an email). Their front desk staff and front desk manager are unhelpful and condescending. The cleaning staff, the kitchen staff and the general staff were very nice; however, I will never stay again. There are plenty of nearby hotels - I recommend you seek them out instead even if you must pay a little bit more.

2 Thank MMDG2014
Good evening MMDG2014,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We appreciate all feedback from our guests in order to provide a better product in the future. I wanted to apologize we were not able to accommodate an extension of your stay due to our occupancy that weekend. We try and accommodate all of our guest needs and preference as best we can. We will definitely be using this situation as a coaching opportunity moving forward.