“Great location, prepare to pay.”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location, prepare to pay.”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

First off I will have to say that this is one of the best locations in downtown St. Louis to get to the Arch and many great restaurants in the area. BUT you will pay for everything under the sun.

The rooms were comfortable and somewhat clean. They are in need of some carpet and door renovation. The door to my bathroom had some of its wood strips snapped away and the door to my room had the same problem and caused my door not to shut properly, had to slam shut. Very nice fitness center that had everything needed for your needs. Two onsite restaurants and bars, both a tad pricy.

Parking is $21 or $28 a night depending if you want to self park or valet both in the same garage attached to the hotel. If you want less expensive parking you have to walk a few blocks after parking your car. Internet was about $10 a day, I was here on business for three days so that combined with parking was a dent in the budget.

There are plenty of hotels to choose from in the downtown area so unless you really want to be across from the Arch you might want to look elsewhere. I saw many places that offered more of the "freebie" areas of your stay along with decent reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Cweld5, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us! I wanted to sincerely apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our staff members. Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Korean first
Bethalto
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Hyatt by the Arch is a beautiful hotel, but you have to watch every little thing. We stay every year at the same time for a volunteer event and have yet to have the correct reservation. They say things like we upgraded you and I say I didn't ask for upgrade. You are a great customer so we want to. Ok ill take it. Then we get the bill and they say...you asked for an upgrade. I don't like these practices. Something different every year, not happy!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carzfan1, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us! I want to sincerely apologize for the errors in your reservation that is unacceptable. I have shared you concerns with the members of our staff and it was certainly disappointing to hear. Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stay away from this hotel. I have had to stay here for business a five times and they have been a huge pain. They "require" a personal credit card for incidentals but they don't actually need it. I kindly have asked them to put it on the card on file but they complain about that. The last time I stayed there they charged my personal card the full amount instead of my firm's card, despite the fact that the account says to charge to the company card. During my most recent visit, they gave me a great deal of trouble because I refused to let them swipe my personal card. I requested a manager and the girl refused to get one. Finally, I just decided to check in on my phone because you have the option CHARGE THE CARD ON FILE. I stood at the front desk while doing this and sure enough I did not have to swipe my personal card. This was a huge pain because obviously they do not NEED to charge a personal credit card. I also had to deal with drunk people running around the hotel all night. There were beer bottles lining the corridor by my room too. Do yourself a favor and stay at different hotel downtown, there are plenty.

Gary

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary Y
Gary Y, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us. I wanted to sincerely apologize for the service that occurred during your check-in experience, that is unacceptable. I have shared your concerns with our staff members and it was certainly disappointing to hear. Please let us know next time you will be in St. Louis.

Kennett, Missouri
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed on a Friday night at the Hyatt because it is located in downtown St. Louis and we drove to St. Louis so we could enjoy another meak at Tony's Restaurant which is located nearby. We did get a good deal on Hotwire. We asked for a quiet room, and they gave us a room on the eighth floor. There was some noise from the traffic below but not much. It was a very clean room. The bed was nice, and the shower was nice. There was a Starbucks located in the hotel which is a plus. They also have a Ruth Chris Restaurant in the hotel. The lobby bar appeared to be a nice place to have a drink, but we did not use it. They have internet but charge for it unless you are member of their program. I miss the horse that adorned the lobby entrance when it was an Adam's Mark. Valet parking was $30 which is a little steep, but I did not want to look for street parking at 5:30 PM in downtown St. Louis on a Friday. The blackout curtains worked to keep out the morning sunlight. The front desk personnel were pleasant and efficient. I can't say the same for the valet parking staff when I went to pick up my vehicle the next morning. I believe they need an attitude adjustment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim T, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback from your recent stay! I did want to apologize for not receiving a quieter room and also the valet response is unacceptable. I have shared your feedback with the members of our staff. Please let us know next time you will be staying downtown!

Danville, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Apologies for my tardiness, in writing this review. This was a business trip so it is being reviewed from that perspective. The meeting rooms were numerous and each had every audio and visual need necessary to conduct a proper breakout meeting . The Grand Hall was Grand, the catering was imaginative, and the staff was top notch. As my flight was early, my room was not ready and I was offered another. It was a meeting room with king bed, a couple over stuffed chairs, a wet bar and mini fridge, and a meeting table with seating for 10. Not bad for a substitute room!

But it was the concierge that made my trip!! She advised that rather than buy World Series tickets at the hotel, I could fare better on the street. I thought that odd but I took her word. Wow! Infield Pavillion seat at face value!! I must admit, I was not at my best the next morning after my Red Sox won game 5 of the Series.

Great facility for a national meeting!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
UVA69, Thank you for your wonderful five star review! I am very glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us! I have shared your feedback with our staff! Please let us know next time you will be traveling through St. Louis!

anytown
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is an exceptionally well-kept property. Stayed here years ago when it was the Adams Mark, and if anything, Hyatt has improved the property! Staff is accomodating and friendly. The best part: Every room has a view.
Only gripe - parking price. Downtown St. Louis is an abysmal wasteland at this point (only reason to be down there at night is to get mugged or accosted by the legions of homeless), and they still charge $21/nite for self park (even weeknights when there aren't any events, sporting events, etc)!! Downtown Chicago isn't much more than that!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Procyclist, Thank you for your five star review! I have shared your feedback with the members of our staff. Please let us know next time you will be staying with us!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I spent one night at this hotel and WOW everything was perfect... Cant waitt o go on the summer :) staff very proffesional and my only complain is that i had a really noisy neighbors lolz but other than thst.. Great

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Oscar G, thank you for your five star review! I was glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again soon!