“Unexpected Luxury at an Affordable Price”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
McVeytown, Pennsylvania
“Unexpected Luxury at an Affordable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife, son and I were on a trip to take my son to a school in Texas. Saint Louis was about as far as we wanted to travel in one day. We found this place while looking online and was one of the least expensive in the city for the night we were staying. We read some reviews and decided to book it. We were not disappointed! The hotel has valet parking for $28.00 which we didn't use. The desk clerk told us of a secure public garage a short walk away for $8.00. The bellmen took our luggage to our room while I parked the car. The room was nicely decorated and equipped with a mini fridge. Oh and did I mention the view? We had a wonderful view from the 15th floor (see pictures). The staff from the desk clerk to the bellman and housekeepers were very welcoming and friendly. I did not expect to find such an affordable room in such a great downtown location. We have visited quite a few other cities such as New York, Boston and Philly which are extremely expensive to stay in so we were pleasantly surprised! I only wish we had more time to stay to see more of the city as there seemed to be a lot to do there and friendly people to tell you all about it.

Room Tip: Check prices online then call to book direct and go with whichever is less expensive. Also ask about...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello Randy M! Thank you for your great 4-Star review! We are happy that you found our property to be such a great choice! Please let me know if you need anything in the future, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Korean first
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My family were in town for some sightseeing over the holiday break and decided to stay at the Hyatt. The hotel itself is very nice from the lobby to the rooms (although I did find the beds a little uncomfortable and double ones at that). The staff to include a wonderful young lady by the name of Jessica greeted us and quickly checked us in. The issue came at check out, we stayed under an AAA rate with breakfast for two but was charged and we were charged for internet even though we were told it was free to passport members, which we are. In the end everything worked out but I found it to be annoying I had to wrestle with this when everything should have been taken care of based on the reservation made.

Stayed December 2013
Hello Lola2012! Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to hear that there was a glich in the computer system upon departure. I am very pleased to hear that my staff was able to quickly fix this error for you! Please let us know if you are returning in the future so that we can ensure your satisfaction yet again! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may ever assist with anything!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two nights on business in December 2013. Overall, the hotel was fine, and it's certainly a nice addition to downtown. There were a couple of flaws, however, that lead to me giving the hotel its average rating (3 bubbles) instead of very good (4 bubbles).

First, the good: the hotel's decor is great; Hyatt took a formerly gross-looking hotel (the Adam's Mark) and turned it into a modern-looking hotel that matches the modern, but comfortable aesthetic with which I associate Hyatt properties. The lobby looked great, and the room was very pleasantly decorated. The location is good, if you want to stay downtown (note: downtown St. Louis is quiet at night). The hotel is HUGE and it avoided the all-too-corporate, slapped-together feeling that often plagues very large convention hotels.

The guest room itself was nice--comfortable bed with nice bedding, good number of plugs, nice working area, roomy closet, well-appointed (if a bit small) bathroom. Internet was complimentary and worked fairly well (occasionally the speed would slow down). My Hyatt status afforded me access to the Regency Club lounge; it had nice views of the Mississippi River and served a very nice breakfast that was well laid-out. The service in the lounge was very nice.

Flaws were two-fold:
--The elevator from the lobby level to the valet pick-up level was malfunctioning. The sensor on the door was broken, so the door never thought it could close. This happened both days of my stay. On the first day, the elevator worked on the fifth try. On the second day, it didn't worked. I asked the bellman working near this elevator, "is the elevator broken?" and he shrugged and said "guess they didn't fix it yesterday." There was no offer of further assistance. I then had to ask him how to get to the parking garage via another means--he pointed to a staircase door and stood there as I opened the door myself, dragged my bags through it, etc. That's bad service--it's not my fault your hotel is broken. How about you open the staircase door for me, at least, and not be a big crabapple when I ask you how I can pick up my car?
--I arrived at the hotel late (10:30ish), and on my elevator ride up to my room, I was hit-up for change by a man with a long story about losing his wallet, etc. This man exited on a lower floor than mine. That's a very uncomfortable feeling--you do not anticipate checking-in to a full-service urban hotel to then be asked for change on an elevator. Hotel security needs to double-down on patroling the property. Otherwise, I felt safe, but that was a very unpleasant beginning to my stay.

So, nice physical property--but fix the elevator or, at least, put up a sign. Decent service, except for the bad-attitude bellman.

Would probably return, but certainly would look elsewhere too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank brmusicman
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello brmusicman! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our property! It is through travelers such as yourself that we can improve our product and service! I want to tell you that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate deaprtments and that your concerns have most certainly been addressed. We truly hope that should your travels bring you back to St. Louis again in the future, you give us the opportunity to serve you again! Please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you in any way at all!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Saint Louis to break our long trip. During the check-in we asked for room with a view to the arch, and we got it. The room was small and super clean with everything you need. In the lobby they had my favorite coffee shop, Starbucks. For breakfast we got a very nice buffet along with friendly and efficient staff. Everywhere a smiling face. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Hello Kevina0105! Thank you very much for your 5-star review! It was our pleasure to serve you during your travels through St. Louis! Please come see us again soon! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if we may assist you in any way!
Lake County, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked two rooms for my family and I at the last minute for a business meeting I had the next morning nearby. I paid crazy high prices for the rooms but there was nothing else available. Unfortunately, we arrived to find the hotel full of rogue football fans. Despite calling the front desk twice during the wee hours of the morning because of a loud party in the room next to us, the issue wasn't resolved until I suspect the group finally passed out. However, the hotel is very nice and clean with a pleasant staff. It's unfortunate that we paid what we did only to have a horrible nights sleep.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TakeMeHome2
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
TakeMeHome2, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us! I want to sincerely apologize for the noise concerns that occurred throughout your stay with us, it is unacceptable while staying out our hotel. Please feel free to contact me next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is one of the best places I have stayed in the United States. I have traveled a lot from New York City to Maui. This place takes the cake. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and welcoming. My party and I arrived early before check in and at which time only one of our rooms was ready, but instead of making us wait the staff made sure to get us an equally beautiful room in very close proximity to the other room we booked. I had previously spoken with Chris the manager at the Hyatt and he made our stay amazing. If you are traveling to St. Louis whether on business or pleasure this hotel is not one to miss and ask for Chris he will be nothing but helpful and kind. I look forward to saying here again soon. Thank you Chris for all of your help and checking in on us. Also thank you to the amazing staff. Happy Holidays

Room Tip: Ask for an "arch view" well worth the upgrade. Higher floors do have some cracking noises...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HeatherDunlap thank you for your five star review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have passed your information onto the members of our staff. Please feel free to contact me anytime you are traveling through St. Louis!

Kindly,

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Although we are local to St. Louis, my husband and I are able to sneak away for an overnight stay at a downtown hotel once or twice/year. The Westin had been our go-to spot for the last 10 years, but then we stayed at the Hyatt at the Arch 2 years ago with a work conference and absolutely loved it. We like the hotel when it was the Adam's Mark (spent our wedding night there), but we love the re-do with modern, airy lobby bar, and very, very comfortable rooms. We've never paid more than about $130/night to stay there. Service has been great - we've only had issue with the valet - expect long waits on a Saturday night.

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review SLResortGirl! We are very pleased to be your choice of stay on your getaway! I have shared your feedback with our staff members!

Kindly,