“Spectacular View”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethalto
“Spectacular View”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stay every year for the Winter Warm Up that the St. Louis Cardinals have. We volunteer. Have always been treated very well, rooms clean, quick service if problem, which we did have but handled professionally and quickly. We had checkout at 3 PM because of volunteering. Went to my room at 11:00 and it was completely empty, fridge, closets, everything. My husband had already taken our luggage to car, but I had left my coat and our food. I saw a housekeeper in the hallway and she had no idea what I was talking about. I called management, they were there quickly. Turns out this housekeeper had taken and hidden items, they were very apologetic, and gave us 2 free nights to use anytime. They said they were going to handle employee, don't want to know, I was just appreciative that they handled so swiftly and professionally. I just called for our reservations for this year and they have upgraded our room to a suite, they told us we had to walk a bit further, but they wanted us to have this room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Cardzfan1, Thank you for your four star review! We look forward to hosting you once again for the Winter Warm up, it is such a fantastic event! If I can assist you any further please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We checked into hotel for a stay over on our way toward Kansas City. We loved the location and our room with view of the river and partial view of the arch. (We could have had better view but chose to be near elevators given mobility issues.). Decor was lovely. The room had a small walk in closet with bench. Seating area next to room window was well separated from bed area.
The only thing was the room was dusty. The baseboards had layers of dust. The space between glass and desk and side table tops was dirty. The edges of carpet were clearly not vacuumed and when we moved chairs to orient toward the window view there was debris under the chairs. It almost seemed as though the room had not been used for a while.
As we were departing I inquired to an official looking gentleman if he was the manager. He said no, but that the manager was about. A few minutes later, the manager approached me and asked what I needed to talk with him about. He was appreciative of the feedback I gave him, handed me his card and offered to upgrade us to a suite the next time we stayed with them.
Staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. There was no hair dryer in the room and it took about 10 minutes to receive one. Restaurants were good and wait staff efficient and friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky053, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay! I apolgoize for the amount of dust build up in the room and have passed your concerns to our housekeeping management team. Please contact me next time you are staying in St. Louis at chris.carter@hyatt.com.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Hotel is structurally sound but that's about it. The service was subpar at best. I requested an early check in time days in advance to allow myself time to see the sights of St. Louis. I called again the day of my arrival and was informed I can check in right then. Upon arrival I was treated like garbage, accessed a hundred dollar pet fee(not advertised) and made to wait an hour plus while a room was cleaned. This through off my entire itinerary for the visit and required me miss going to the top of the Arch and the Budweiser plant tour. I found the staff uncaring and resentful to do anything more than minimal work.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Stryker730
Stryker730, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I sincerly apolgoize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us. It is unacceptable for our staff to provide anything but the best customer service. I have shared your feedback with the members of our staff. If you are staying in St. Louis again in the future please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an average hotel with a good location. For a Hyatt it's worn down and the decor is rather dull. It's clean and the restaurants are great but you won't feel like your spoiled or in a fancy place. No ice bucket but the room has the standard stuff; iron, coffee maker, safe, refrigerator but watch out for the charge for bottled water. What is so wrong with providing .30 worth of water for your guest!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ty B thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping management! If you find yourself traveling through St. Louis again please feel free to contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com.
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed November 25, 2013

There is a lot to do within a few blocks of this hotel. It is a well maintained property, with a good staff. We stayed in a club level room, which wasn't much more, and included access to the club lounge. The lounge offers daily breakfast, hot and cold choices, and very good Italian coffee. Evening service is really a light dinner, with inexpensive cocktails and wine.

Room Tip: The club level is worth the up charge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello rusty1014 ! Thank you for your 4-Star review!! We are very happy that you were able to experience our Regency Club lounge, which truly is a great value! Please let me know if you are ever returning to our hotel in the future! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Close to the Arch. Walking distance from the train stop which takes you all the way to the airport. Also walking distance from the baseball stadium. There's a Ruth's Chris in the lobby of the hotel, meaning you have a great dinner without ever leaving the location.

All reasons to stay here.

The drawbacks--that the hotel seems creaky, with elevators intermittent, furnishings and carpet beat down by use, and a staff that seems overworked--are slight in comparison to the alternatives, which are few. The other business class or luxury spots in the Hyatt's range are even more mediocre--yes, Hilton, I am talking to you. So stay at the Hyatt--but rent a car to get around town, as taxis are sparse and expensive and you'll get bored quickly of the riverside downtown area. And you'll be able to drive to places like the Shaved Duck for tasty BBQ and the huge city park area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello coolbreezewingtips! Thank you for your 4-Star review! We are pleased that you chose to stay with us, and that you took the time to provide your feedback. We are always working to improve our products and services, so we truly value your insights! Please let me know if you ever need anything in the future! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com Thanks!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here while in town for the St Louis Half Marathon. Let me say - that weekend St Louis was a complete ZOO. People were in town for the race, the World Series, and the Rams were playing Monday Night Football. There was a few minutes wait to check in - but considering how many people were there it was really quick. They had plenty of people behind the front desk, and another employee standing out in front 'directing traffic' which really kept things moving.

Room was very clean and comfortable. We had a nice view of the Arch.

On premises is a great brewhouse with good food, and a Starbucks. There are a couple of other dining options but we didn't check them out.

Plenty of other dining options and things to do within walking distance. It's also a few blocks from the train which goes directly to the airport. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello NashvilleBrandy! Thank you for your 5-Star review! We truly appreciate that you shared your feedback about your stay duing one of the busiest weekends of the year! We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please let me know if we can ever assist you in the future, or should you be coming back to the area at any point! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com