“Nice Hotel-Nice Location”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed just one night, for a Cards game, but was pleased with the hotel facility, hotel room, lounge and service throughout. The hotel is well-maintained, attractive and clean. The size of the room was good for 2 people, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom modern (with high quality toiletries)--all clean and fashionable. Our room view was wonderful. We enjoyed having post-game drinks in the lounge--more laid back than other local bars and great place to have a conversation. Only downside of stay was expensive (for STL) on-site parking, which required a valet--approx $30. (Guest parking was a short walk outside of hotel property and was not convenient for our stay.)

Room Tip: Enjoyed the view of the Old Court House.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hello Travelingal2! Thank you for your awesome 4-star review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us for the Cardinals game! Please let me know if I may assist you at any time in the future! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,107)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend with my husband, Hotel is in a great location. Parking one block away was only $3 all times except during the Cards game when they charged us $15. Rooms are not fancy but have all the amenities - like make-up mirrors and real glass glasses. Beds were comfortable, linens were clean. We asked for a high room when we checked in. I had purchases through Expedia for $137 a night so I didn’t think they would do anything for me, but they put us in an upgraded king on the 12th floor. It had city views, which I asked for because I think it is way more interesting than looking at the arch. Great Brew Pup in the lobby, along with a Starbucks which is always a bonus! Service was top notch!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Brit C! Thank you for your great 4-star review! We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the food and beverage outlets! Pleace contact me directly if I ever may be able to assist you in the future! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ryan Ritter- Thank you so much for the service save :). My mother always appreciates the small details. So, when the note was supposed to be sent up was forgotten I was a little upset (totally happens all the time I understand), and it was their honeymoon road trip down to see us in Texas... Ryan wasn't the person that lost the note but the person that showed true authentic hospitality, and exceeded my expectations. My mother called me on the way out to dinner, and said what you did for her... It made my day- Thank you so much for making me feel better and making my newlywed mother's evening. Please come down to the Regency in DFW anytime and we will also take care of you!

In addition, the rooms beautiful... what a fabulous location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Julesiscools! Thank you so much for your 5-Strar review and your comments about Ryan! Your comments will must definitely be shared with Ryan as well as the rest of the hotel and management staff! Please let us know if you, or your mother, are ever stopping through St. Louis in the future! You may contact me directly at Chris.carter@hyatt.com!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My then-fiance, now husband and I booked at The Hyatt over our wedding weekend this past October, and it was not a great experience. I booked a king non-smoking room for my husband to stay at the night before our wedding and I was planning on staying with him the night of our wedding. The first night he received a SMOKING room with two queens -- so his wedding suit reeked of smoke.

We made a reservation for our dog to stay with us on the second night. We live locally and were too tired after the wedding to go to the hotel, so we just stayed home. We asked the next day if they could refund our $100 pet fee, since our room was untouched, and they refused. Poor, poor service.. especially on our wedding weekend :(

Service is poor -- spend your money at the Westin!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Katie M! Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! I would definitely like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while with us! I would love the opportunity to assist you with your billing in regards to our pet fee. If you would be able to contact me at Chris.carter@hyatt.com, I can assist you further and I would be more than happy to credit you back! I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and it is a good venue. Conference facilities are good.

The hotel is very well appointed. The room was lovely - very spacious and with great views. The breakfast was good, as was the menu in the bar/restaurant. Staff are really friendly and helpful. The ladies in the gift shop were particularly nice to me.

My only "complaints" are:

1. It was cold. The temperature outside was in the 80s so of course air con was necessary but it was OTT - everyone at the conference was going outside periodically to get warmed up!
2. The housekeeping was erratic. I stayed for 4 nights and on 2 of the 4 days, the bath mat was removed but not replaced. The coffee was only replaced once, despite me having used it. The water in the fridge wasn't replaced. On the third day the bath wasn't cleaned despite the towels being replaced. My colleague's room was only cleaned on 2 of her 4 days. It felt a bit haphazard.

The Hyatt is right next to The Arch and handy for the River boat trips. Downtown St Louis, however, is dead. There is very little to do unless you're going to a Cardinals game (in which case this is the ideal hotel to stay in!). Even on a Saturday afternoon there were pretty much no shops open and very few restaurants other than those in hotels. Quite a bizarre experience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello AnaF64! Thank you for your 4-Star Review! We do appriciate the feedback and detailed information regarding your stay, and your comments will certainly be brought to the attention of our housekeeping department! Please contact me should you ever need anything in the future! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My room was large, with a separate living area from the bedroom. Beautiful views. Nice, large bathroom. Quiet. But, it never felt like the place I wanted to go back to during the day and relax. I was there 3 days & it never felt homey. Maybe the "modern" decor? Maybe the lower ceilings and lighter walls? Bright white CFLs? I'm just not sure. For that reason, I don't think I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello AdaTraveler! Thank you for your 4-Star Review! We are sorry to hear that you did not feel at home while here! Please do contact us should you be returning to St. Louis in the future and give us the opportunity to make it a special experience for you! Contact me at Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed a few months ago and enjoyed this trip much more than the past. I came for game 1 of the NLCS and was checked in early by Krystle. She is an absolute treasure. The room was ready early and clean. All around a good experience and I hope to come again for the World Series!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maxwell C
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hello Maxwell C! Thank you so much for your great 5-Star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed this stay so much and that it was much better than your last experience! Please contact me directly should you ever be returning back to the area for the World Series! Chris.carter@hyatt.com