“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seabrook, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We spent two night at the Hyatt and really enjoyed it. The location is great -- right across from the Arch and good dining and shopping. The staff is customer-service focused and worked to make our stay enjoyable. Valet parking and Internet are available for a surcharge which is pretty standard. We enjoyed the Brewhouse in the hotel, and there is also Red (an international restaurant), Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and a Starbuck's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello DarSandlin!
Thank you so much for your 4-star Review! Im glad you enjoyed all we have to offer! Should you be traveling back through the area and I may assist you in any way, please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com. Thank you! Chris Carter - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
Bicknell, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We love the hotel. It was quiet in our room. when I booked it, I must have not put a preference on smoking and when we got there they found us a smoking room. It was so close to everything downtown St. Louis. Next time we are in town for a ball game, we will stay there.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with not so good view, but we had changed to smoking. You may try to get side wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello 82Terry!
Thank you so much for your 5-star Review! Should you be traveling back through the area and I may assist you in any way please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com. Thank you! Chris Carter - Front Office Manager
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent a few nights there for work. Good location, arch very close. About 6 blocks from the ballpark. Hotel had a Ruth's Chris on site, and another restaurant/bar, along with a sports bar. Room was ok, I would stay there again if I went back to ST. Louis.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Miss650!
Thank you so much for your 4-star Review! Should you be traveling back through the area and I may assit you in any way please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com, so that I can ensure you recieve the exact type of room you desire and we might earn a 5-star review in the future! Thank you! Chris Carter - Front Office Manager
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a great place to stay! We couldn't believe how close to the arch we were. (I know, "The Arch" is in the hotel name, but we had no idea....!) What a wonderful view, especially at night from our room. We were in St. Louis for a ball game and walked the short walk to the field. Wonderful! So many attractions are so close to the hotel - most in walking distance.
We found the desk clerks to be very friendly and helpful, our room was impeccably clean, the bed was very comfortable, the noise level was non-existent (even for a ball game night!), and all details were nicely attended to.
Loved this hotel! Hope we can visit again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review Julie L! It’s great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and we really are located nearby to so many attractions! We look forward to having you visit us again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you on a returning visit. Chris Carter- Front Office Manager(Chris.carter@hyatt.com)
Bloomington IL
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I go to one Cardinal game a year and lately have been staying at the Hyatt at the Arch in St. Louis. It is very convenient to the ballpark and to the interstate highways. It competes with the Westin as the finest hotel in downtown St. Louis, but at a much more competitive price. This was probably my fifth or sixth stay here and I have yet to have a bad experience (other than a few years ago when my floor was full of Chicago Bears fans in town for a game). But even then, it wasn't a problem with the hotel. The rooms that I have had have all been very roomy and clean. The people on the staff are as friendly as they come. And everything is as clean as you would expect from a top-notch Hyatt. I will be back again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5-Star review nrstycz! It’s great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to having you visit us again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you on a returning visit. Chris Carter- Front Office Manager(Chris.carter@hyatt.com)
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I got a great deal on priceline, so I can't say I paid full price. However, knowing that this is supposedly a 4-star hotel, I was pretty unimpressed overall. I have never stayed in a hotel with no closet or place to hand clothes at all, so this was a first and for a Hyatt, I thought that sort of thing was automatic. There was no free wifi, limited TV with AWFUL picture quality.

I was there with my family and after a busy day of site-seeing, we were disappointed to find the room was untouched (so we had NO clean towels). No big deal, so I called down and requested towel service (said no need to do the beds or anything else). So we went out for dinner and came back later to find a stack of towels hastily thrown on the TV stand with all of our dirty towels still piled on the bathroom floor untouched. When I started showering I realized that the towel stack didn't include any washcloths, so I had to use a hand towel instead.

I consider myself pretty easy going when it comes to hotels and travel regularly. But this was NOT even a three-star hotel in my book. Not recommended unless you can get it for $40 or less.

1 Thank bengstr
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello bengstr!
Thank you for your comments and your patronage! We wanted to share that we are currently upgrading our TV's to have HD signal in all 910 guest rooms and are also improving the internet service to accommodate multiple devices per room and a new even greater bandwidth!
If you are returning to the area in the future, please contact either kim.halbrehder or chris.carter@hyatt.com so we can ensure you have a much smoother stay!
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here in April for the Brewers/Cardinals games. I did write a previous review about the nightmare we had with reservations. First of all this is an absoutly great location! You are in the center of downtown, steps away from the arch and within walking distance to so many great places. The concierge was great in helping us find a place to eat the two nigths we stayed there. Upon arrival check in went fast, however for whatever reason we had two nights booked and I was asked if I wanted to change rooms in the middle of my stay. Most likely becuase we booked a speical baseball package on night and then a regular room the second night. I was told they would try to combine the reservations but there were no guarantees. I waited patiently and thankfully she could combine the reservation. I sure hope so becuase changing rooms after the hassel I had reserving them would not of made me a happy customer.

My group of about 8 were tired so we decided to stay and try their sports bar. That was a mistake. As the baseball game was getting over they were busy. We put our name on the wait and hung out waiting for a table. One of the people in our party went to ask how much longer as it had been about 15 minutes, which was the time quoted. He was told it would be just a minute as they were cleaning our table and pointed to where we would be. As we were about to sit down a group of 5 walked in and sat at our table. The host told us we woul dhave to wait longer. We suggested she tell them to get on the waiting list and ask them to move. The host went to talk to someone who she claimed was her manager and came back to say the manager said they couldnt ask customer to move. We asked how much longer and were told it would be about 15 more minutes. We gave up and went upstairs to order pizza in. I did call the front desk to complain who connected me to the manager. The manager of course argued with me saying that they had not intended our party to sit there we had another table and that the host never spoke with her. That might be but that is not what her staff conveyed to us as customers. And honestly if you are just going to argue with the customer you dont need to call them back just ignore the phone call. Its bad customer service either way. She did send up 2 what they consider large pizzas but it was not enough to feed our group and we ordered pizza in. If you want a great quick meal order Emo's pizza. It is the best pizza ever! Thin crust, quick delivery and when they come to deliever the pizza they are alwasy brining pizza to 10 other rooms at the same time. They obvioulsy do a lot of business and their pizza is worth it.

We purchased the baseball package including tickets to the game, a complimantry engrave baseball bat. The bat is well worth it, a great keep sake and price cant be beat for the tickets. However my husband was told upon making the reservations that the seats would be in one location, upon arrival at the park the seats were in a different section. Originally the seats were gonig to be on the first base side, upon arrival we were on the third base side. Not that big of a deal, but one more thing in a string of events.

Overall the rooms were comfortable and in a great location. I might think twice with trying to scheudle a group of 8 again, as it seemed to be something that caused an issue. Also we will skip eating at the sports bar and just order emos pizza in. If you want a comfortbale room in a great location stay here. If you have a large group or are trying to book a package with seperate nights added maybe consider a different location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greeting Jennifer K!
Please accept our apologies for the string of events which caused you and your party such distress. Please know that we often entertain small and large groups and your experience was out of the ordinary. We would be more than happy to assist you in the future should you wish to visit for a Cardinals game in the future, and will make sure that your experience is an enjoyable one! Please contact either kim.halbrehder@hyatt.com or chris.carter@hyatt.com so that we may assist you!