“Overnight Stay”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed overnight to break up a trip from Kansas City to Chicago. Location is exceptional, could not be closer to the arch or the old court house and the rest of the city center. Rooms are very modern and clean. Good furniture and finish, especially in the bathroom. Beds are very small, however, and sheets are very thin.

Parking is not on site, but 1 block away shared with the Crowne Plaza ($8 overnight, or pay $26 for valet with in/out privileges). Service was very good, as was the buffet breakfast ($15).

Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher B
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for the 4-Star review and recommendation Christopher B! Please make sure to visit us again during a Cardinal's game, it is a great time and changes the feel of the entire downtown area.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,137)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the St. Louis Hyatt at the Arch on several occasions and never had a complaint. Several weekends ago my two nieces (from Chicago) and I booked two rooms for a Friday and Saturday night ... "gals weekend". The hotel was packed with a large convention, but check in was a breeze thanks to "Keith" (no last name) who also saw to my valet parking, assisted me with my bag, and personally checked me in. He knew exactly what available room was best for me based on me telling him that I am an extremely light sleeper. I had a Jr. suite booked and he knew exactly which room would be the the most accomodating for me and quiet. How right he was. A great, undisturbed night's sleep both nights. A little city traffic noise, but the heavy drapes blocked most sounds. My nieces had a deluxe arch view, and believe me what a wonderful view of the river/arch. Again, thanks to Keith and the hotel manager "Chris" who bent over backwards to see to it that we were able to check in rather effortlessly, although the lobby was full with many arrivals (right at 2:00 p.m.). Check in actually was flawless. My nieces' room was not quite ready, but they hung out in my room until Chris called to say there room was cleaned, inspected, ready, and they could meet the bellman at that room. He had the key and their bags. I can truthfully say that these men are outstanding and never forget your name. Two days later when checking out Chris remembered my name and room number. What an asset both are to the hotel. After checking me in, Keith took it a step father and walked me to my room to ensure that it met with my satisfaction. He gave me his telephone number and said to call if I needed anything. Over the two days, I saw him doing same for a number of guests. Gracious hospitality, above and beyone what is normal on such a busy weekend. The rooms were clean, smelled good, and we had a wonderful two day stay thanks to all. Oh, Engineer Donald Belton also came promptly to help me with my clock issue. The Hyatt scores 110%+ in my opinion. Try it....!

Room Tip: The Jr. Suite is large, with a wall dividing the bed area and the living room. Woth the extra bucks...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the 5-Star review and recognition of 3 of our staff! Keith recently won our prestigious manager of the year award for his outstanding customer service; as you can see he is a great asset to our hotel. Chris is our Front Office Manager and does a great job in helping making sure all of our guests receive a high level of service. Donald does an exceptional job and is quick to assist guests as they need help. I will make sure all of your comments are shared with our associates. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to personally assist you!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The rooms are not very soundproof. Voices, traffic, and doors slamming are quite noticeable. The consierge was very nice. The check in/out was speedy. There are multiple options for internet. I used $6 for an hour.

My bathroom tub was disgusting and got to a point of being unusable. It looked grouty and bloodstained. It was completely clogged. The maintenance did fix the pipes in a timely matter but the tub should be replaced. I think this should have been replace before a guest such as myself was allowed to stay in it.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sarah K

Thank you for the feedback Sarah K. It’s great to hear that our concierge staff was able to provide personable service. I apologize for your concerns about the bath tub. I will speak to our housekeeping management team to make sure we work to improve. Please contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in St. Louis for a conference at start of June and stayed at the Hyatt. Staff was very helpfully and friendly (even found me a Tide stain stick), and always willing to help. The oly problem I had was with a plugged sink in the bathroom. I asked for it to be looked at during the week I was there, but it was never fixed, and I had to shave using the shower spout...not that big of a deal, but a little of a pain.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the 4-Star review and recognition of our staff jeepzj. I apologize for the clogged sink and our inability to properly repair it during your stay. If your travels bring you to downtown St. Louis again, please let me know so I can personally assist you.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed during two busy conventions and a week of cardinals games but you'd never know. The staff was awesome, great location just steps from the arch and a few minutes to the stadium (visit rooftop bar 360 in the Hilton while you're here).
I didn't eat at any of the hotel places, so I can't comment on that but they were super helpful with any and all questions.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff Up4Anything32! I hope you get a chance to visit us downtown over the Fair of St. Louis, the downtown area is a lot of fun and we have the Cardinals playing Miami for a triple header!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

At the end of a long day of driving, I was anticipating relaxing in my arch view deluxe room, ordering room service, and unwinding. Unfortunately, things went downhill the moment I pulled up to the front of the hotel. Valet gentleman says, "what's that" about the luggage topper on my SUV. Then, "can you take it off for the night?" Really? Um, no. So, the claim that parking is not a hassle at this hotel that is made on their website is an empty promise. Although no mention is made online, their valet parking garage is only able to accommodate cars to 6'2", which will be tight for many SUVs. If you don't fit, you are on your own. The valet, name I can't remember, says we can unload and check in, and he will see if the car can be left near the entrance, as he observes my son is upset. My son, who has autism, has come to a crisis point where he needs something from the topper. And he needs my full attention, which I can't give him because of this parking glitch. So, our luggage is handed off to bell services, a very friendly girl checks us into the room, and we head up to the 9th floor.

The room is huge with a spectacular view of the St. Louis Arch. The bathroom is segmented with 2 sinks in separate areas, and a dressing area. The corner couch is a perfect spot to enjoy the view. You can hear traffic noise from being directly over the interstate, but it did not keep us awake. The carpet looks a bit tired, but otherwise everything is clean. This amazing view comes with a good walk from the elevators; at least they have signs for room numbers pointing the way.

I try to talk my son out of needing his book from the topper, but my excuse that I need a ladder to reach it properly backfires, as he wants to go find someone (in maintenance) who has one. At this point, I need to go find out the parking situation, I don't know how long it will take me, and I have to leave my son, who is very focused on his problem, alone in the room. He should be fine, I should only be downstairs 10-15 minutes. But in my mind is a worry that he will decide to go find a ladder on his own.

So, valet gentleman says his manager won't let him keep the car near the front, but I should talk to him directly, explain about my son, see if he can help. The parking manager says he could get in trouble if he lets my car stay out front (not in the way of incoming guests), and the truck that is parked there now belongs to "someone important to the hotel". The public parking garage nearby has some spots for oversized vehicles, but only thru one entrance. A very nice young man from valet volunteers to ride with me, show me where to park, and walk back with me. When we get in the parking garage, the security guy tells me to park in the handicapped row, as that is the only section that is tall enough (some spots aren't handicapped, but they are full). Since the garage is plenty tall, I climb up & dig thru the topper for the book, and my escort kindly waits for me and offers help. The walk back to the hotel is not far, but at night there are definitely some characters about, and I was glad my son wasn't with me.

Luckily, my son stayed in the room and paced frantically rather than hunt up a helper, and he was delighted with his book and the thought of eating dinner in the room, as it is now after 9pm and we have been "checking in" for an hour.

Room service menu is fine for me, but Hyatt has decided all kid guests need healthy food, and their very limited kids' menu has nothing for my son. He really just wants chicken fingers and french fries. Frustrated, I do do-it-yourself room service, going down to the sports bar, ordering kid's chicken finger meal, onion soup and soft pretzel to go. Service there was fast and friendly.

Front desk staff happily extended check-out time by an hour the next day so we had time to visit the arch without having to move our car or schlep our luggage to the parking garage. The trip to the top of the arch was great, the view fantastic, and the museum of westward expansion is well worth the visit.

You can't beat the location and view at this hotel, but I think they focus on business clients and forget about the needs of families, much less families with children with special needs. We pass thru St. Louis twice every summer, and the rest of our family would surely enjoy the room we had, but we won't stay because we don't feel welcome.

1  Thank bubbleslt

Bubbleslt thank you for providing detailed feedback on what had occurred during your stay. I appreciate your recognition of those associates who went above and beyond to try and help you and your son during your stay. Please contact me directly, I would love the opportunity to try and help make a more memorable experience for your next stay at the Hyatt.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This Hyatt is very reasonably priced, given the prime location just across the street from the Arch in St. Louis. It is a solid 4 star hotel, with very comfortable, clean rooms and very comfortable pillows and mattresses. It's quite family-friendly, for example with a reasonably priced breakfast buffet that allows kids up to (I believe) age 8 to eat at no charge. Surprisingly for this class of hotel, wireless internet access is complimentary in the lobby and dining areas (although oddly not in the Regency Club, which is a dining area). Equally surprisingly, the hotel lists the availability of low cost parking by an outside provider, even though it competes with the hotel's much more expensive valet parking. I appreciated that candor. Service was also top rate. As for negatives, the most serious is the lack of a swimming pool. In addition, even though the hotel is directly across from the arch, there appear to be few rooms with an Arch view. Another minor quibble is that the carpeting and decorating in the hallways was a bit dated, although the rooms themselves were fine.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with an Arch view, that would be a real coup.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for the 4-Star review and feedback regarding parking NanjingBob. In order to guarantee an Arch-View, please make sure to book one of our beautiful Arch-View Deluxe guest rooms. These rooms offer more space and a direct view of the St. Louis Arch. NanjingBob I hope your travels bring you back to the downtown St. Louis area, please let me know if I can personally assist you!

Kim Halbrehder – Assistant Director of Rooms