“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
East Alton, Illinois, United States
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The Room had a great view of the Arch and grounds. The location is great for seeing the sites in St. Louis. Great restaurant and food. The only thing that could have been better was the Television reception. Several of the channels would glitch, but that is not due to the hotel, but the provider of the cable or satellite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Deanna P thank you very much for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff! Make sure to visit us during a Cardinal's game; the downtown truly changes and is a great time. Hopefully we can see you back again soon!

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Korean first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed her for 4 nights on Business. The Hyatt Arc is a very nice place to stay. The location makes this hotel. Easy to get to the Arc and close Busch Stadium. The service with the hotel and the restaurants very good. It is worth getting an upgrade with the room and have a view of the Arc. Also a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Devin W thank you so much for the 5-Star review! Along with the Arch and stadium we are also located across the street from the historic court house that heard the Dred Scott case and is a part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Please come back to visit us again and enjoy more of what downtown St. Louis has to offer!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for one night so I can't comment on housekeeping but the service in all other areas was terrific, from the valets who were beyond helpful with the wheelchair to the front desk to the bellman who was so funny and full of great information.

The room was modern but still cozy, clean and well kept, and we had a corner Arch view which was well worth the money. We left the curtains open all night and it was something else to wake up to that great view in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was small but nicely decorated and clean.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris which was fantastic, food and service way above average. Our room service breakfast was pretty good and arrived quickly and nice and hot.

There is a great (big) shop that has any odds and ends you'd need and a variety of drinks and snacks, as well as a huge selection of souvenirs. The ladies working there were very friendly too.

The only complaint I can come up with is that there's no swimming pool, apparently they took it out to add some event space upstairs. The location can't be beat and it's all about the view.

Room Tip: Get a room with an Arch view if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoBelleChicago its great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay in one of our Arch-View guest rooms! Ruth's Chris consistently does a great job, next time make sure to visit one of our other wonderful restaurants. Personally I always enjoy the Brewhouse and would recommend trying one of our customized burgers with one of our local draft beers. I hope you will be back soon, if you would like, please send me an e-mail and I would love to help book a room for you.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the best in the industry. The model hotel that every hotel should pattern. Hotel is the most advanced in the use of technology. Took advantage of the Express Check-In and Check-Out saved time. All of the employees were highly professionally. The Front Desk members in training customer service attitude was top notch left me with the impression that the Hyatt hires nothing but the best. Awesome experience highly recommended to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow! Thank you for such an awesome review LoyalThanMost. If you travel often and stay with Hyatt's I would recommend that you sign up for our Gold Passport loyalty program. There is no cost and with increased stays, you earn future free nights and other additional benefits such as complimentary later check outs. I hope we get to see you again, if you do plan a returning visit, please let me know so I can personally assist you.

ARLINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk staff at check in was very nice. Once in my room I did notice it probably could have used some more vaccuuming but the view was very nice. The TV did not have as many channel or ease of operation I would have expected. On the first morning my coffee pot did not work and my ironing board would not close. I did call and when I returned to my room it had been cleaned better and the coffee pot and board were replaced. I got up the next morning to notice they removed the actual iron as well when the replaced the board but did not return it. I again called and they promptly replaced. We did ask for a late check out on the last evening and depending on who at the front desk you talked to depended on if they gave you an extra hour. Most of the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an arch view - I had a great view of the arch and the court house.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the review Andrea B. I will address your concerns and comments with our Housekeeping department. I hope you will come back to visit us again, I am sure we can do a better job on a future stay. If you need any help booking a room, please contact me directly.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in May - sadly my room did not oversee the Arch, but it was literally across the street. Really nice park there, by the river. The Hyatt rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the food is good. I had a long wait to eat on the first night of my conference, when the Ruth's Chris closed for a holiday and the other restaurant was overloaded, but they left me chocolates in the room as an apology, which I thought was lovely.

I was a little disappointed at having a standing shower instead of a tub, because I would have taken a hot bath (best way to relax after a busy conference day), but otherwise the bathroom was really excellent.

It's a very short walk to the America's Center; I didn't really venture further but it seems like a good central location for business.

Room Tip: I assume they save rooms with Arch views for the frequent fliers, but it can't hurt to ask. A bi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Crakin79 thank you so much for the 5-Star review! When you do come back to visit, please make sure to ask for a room with a tub, we can usually accommodate that request. Please make sure to visit us again during a Cardinal's game, it’s a lot of fun and we offer terrific packages that can include breakfast or parking.

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
Tracy, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed 4 nights to see the SF Giants play the Cardinals & to visit family. The location was perfect and the staff was wonderful. We had some issues with the expiration of our credit card & the front desk staff was able to work with us to get everything sorted out (word of advice: check the expiration of your credit card before you go on vacation... DUH!) It was well worth the money - for the price of one room at other hotels we've stayed at, we had 2 rooms (a family suite) for our family of 6. We also upgraded to the Regency Service ($39/night online) which was a blessing since we were pretty much stuck at the hotel during a storm & tornado warnings. Each day we had breakfast, snacks, evening appetizers, & desserts, board games & other people to mingle with in the Regency Room while waiting out the storm. We had a fantastic trip (bad weather & Giants losing 2 of 3 notwithstanding) & most of it was due to this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff pcase! The Regency Club upgrade is an excellent value option for travelling families. The personalized concierge service as well as breakfast and evening appetizers can really help in making for a more enjoyable visit to the downtown area. Please let me know if you plan on a return trip!

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms