“PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!! READ THIS BEFORE VISITING ST. LOUIS!!!!!”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hi Everyone,
I know you're here to browse through Hotels in St. Louis and wondering where's a safe, clean, and quality place to stay. PLEASE, don't waste your time with any place other than the Hyatt Regency. We made a HUGE mistake and thought the Hilton Ballpark was a great value. After blood stains on the curtains, KY lubricant on a table and broken fixtures, we quickly discovered the Hilton Ballpark was a FRAUD!!!!! Wanting to fix a disastrous vacation, I emailed Manager Kim Halbrehder about getting a room and he was more than accommodating!!! He checked us in at 10 AM and upgraded us to a plush suite room for our troubles. Value matters!! Plain and simple there is nothing Kim, his VIP manager Keith Kay, or the front desk staff including Monique wouldn't do to accommodate anybody. PLEASE LISTEN to me when I say the Hyatt is true from the pictures of the room, to the service you will receive. I work for a Radio Network and travel all over the country. This is one of the BEST hotels I've stayed in!!!! I know you may think I am just blowing smoke or trying to say nice words but seriously you will be disappointed staying anywhere else in St. Louis. You don't want the nightmare of choosing somewhere else, we did for a night and I regret it 110%. I CAN'T stress that enough, the Hyatt is worth every single penny and has amazing views of the arch. Thank you so much Kim Halbrehder, you fixed our vacation. I couldn't be more grateful and appreciative!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay with Hyatt Regency and let Kim along with his staff show you the "Show me state".

Jeff Hauser

Room Tip: GREAT HOTEL!!!! Eat at the Sports bar in the Lobby!! Don't forget to see the Arch
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank radiohauser
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

You are more than welcome Mr. Hauser! Your review has been shared with our hotel, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have assisted you. Please if you ever come back to St. Louis, let me know.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The night stand was dusty and there was old food in the fridge. The view of the arch was the best thing.

We also came on prom weekend. Lors of underagekids running araroud.

I was disapointed as this wasnt the typical experience I expect from a hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for the feedback redrag0n85. I apologize for your poor experience. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping department and we will make sure we do a better job moving forward. Please contact me directly; I would love the opportunity to assist you.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Big hotel, almost confusing, but well run and offers a pleasant stay.
Location is great, even if on a cold, almost winter, day there isn't much to do outside.
The only big disappointment was the overpriced-poor-service Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the main lobby.

Room Tip: Even if your room doesn't face the Arch, don't worry, you can't miss it !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zorro514

Thank you for the 5-Star review zorro514! If you do decide to come back to St. Louis, please let me know, there are a variety of downtown activities I can recommend. I apologize for the service issues you experienced in Ruth's Chris, please contact me directly for assistance.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I traveled to St. Louis with my friends and we stayed at this hotel. I must say if not for the gracious hospitable staff our experience could have been very different. They were great listeners who did everything within their power to make sure we had a great stay. This hotel is also amazing close to the Arch, and if you wake up early you are able to walk a few feet and see an amazing sunset upon one of St. Louis' crown achievements. It really is a great sight, and when you stay here you can step out of the hotel and stand right in front of it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank outoftheboroughs

Thank you for the 5-Star review outoftheboroughs and recognition of our staff! We do have a great location and are a great weekend destination, please continue to let your friends know. I hope to see you back again in our hotel!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from the Arch. It is easy and inexpensive to get to the hotel from the airport. The MetroLink connects to the airport. You buy the tickets from a kiosk and validate them before you board the train. It is about 3 dollars each. Get off at 8th and Pine. The hotel is about 4 or 5 blocks away. Walk toward the Arch.

The front desk was very welcoming and friendly. Our room had a view of the river. There was always someone available in the lobby to answer question. They have a nice fitness center. There was an ATM machine on the street level.

Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar is on the street level. We had dinner there two nights. It was during March Madness so it was very busy but a fun enviroment. The menu was typical sports bar fare. I thought it was reasonably priced. The hostess and servers were all very friendly and attentive.

There is a Starbucks near the front desk. It was great for a quick light breakfast before we started sightseeing. There is also a Ruth's Chris Steak House and Red Kitchen & Bar. We did not try the Ruth's Chris. We had a Sunday morning breakfast buffet at Red Kitchen. We were seated quickly but it was a long time before we were approached by a server. One of the people bussing tables came over and asked if we anyone had been to our table. Finally a young man came and asked if we wanted the buffet or menu. He brought coffee but it tasted like it was burned. The food was good and for a hotel I thought it was very reasonably priced.

The room was pretty standard for a Hyatt. It was missing some of the things that housekeeping usually place in the room. There was a coffee maker with two packs of coffee, two tea bags, two cups, but only one pack with creamer and sugar. Usually hotels place a book or magazine of local attractions. There was nothing like that in this room. There was no room service menu. I asked guest services if they offered room service. There was no button on the phone marked room service. She said that anything on the Red Kitchen menu was available through room service or as carryout from the restaurant. She had a restaurant menu photocopied and delivered to the room. My son went down to order a pizza as a carryout and buy bottled soda from the gift shop to bring back to the room. They told him at Red that pizza was only available through room service. He gave up and we left the hotel to get food elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katie346

Thank you for the 4-Star review Katie346! I appreciated your specific recommendations and also the recognition of our front desk staff. I will discuss your room concerns with our Housekeeping team. I hope your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect for us. We were there for a Cardinal game and you can walk to Busch Stadium from the Hyatt. Upon arrival the staff was friendly and allowed us to check in early. BUT, when we got to our room there was half of a mixed drink still sitting on the desk, there was used shampoo and conditioner sitting on the shower ledge, and there was still soapy scum in the soap dish from the person before. Ew! If the housekeepers forgot these major things, what else did they forget that I couldn't see? We also could hear what sounded like chairs being scooted across the floor above us seriously all night, so we really didn't sleep well. We were on the 12th floor, and I believe the 13th floor must be a maintenance floor. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful. I was just disappointed with the uncleanliness of our room. Probably won't be back. :(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback Brooke H. I apologize for the issues you experienced in one of our guest rooms. These will be reviewed with our housekeeping staff. If you do return, please let me know.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this hotel on very short notice via Hotwire and got a great deal (around $70). The location is excellent, just across the street from the arch and a few blocks away from Busch Stadium. The room we stayed in was very large and had a huge bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. My only complaint would be the relatively expensive wireless internet but that seems to be par for the course for chains like this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank R0liver

Thank you for the 5-Star review R0liver! We have recently changed our mattresses to a new pillow top, it’s great to hear you noticed. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.