New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #20 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great location but service leaves a lot to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed for four nights, and everything started out great, but things went downhill fast after the first night. The room was barely cleaned each day, if at all, and we had to ask every day for more towels, coffee, cups, etc. (they were not replenished after the first day or random things were forgotten) and the bathroom was disgusting, especially by the third day. I think if we would have stayed one night, my review would be much better. Our room did have a spectacular view of the arch, and the location was superb. Also, not sure if the hotel has any control over the Brewhouse, but I would definitely NOT recommend this as a family friendly place. Our daughter's toast was sitting out at the server's station for over five minutes until I just went to get it for her (of course it was cold). And we had to go to the bar to get water, and our server never offered to refill our glasses. The food was okay, but not great; the server was terrible; maybe would have been a better experience with a different server.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your review Lori379. I am sharing your review with our housekeeping team to make sure that we improve the quality of our service. Please contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Korean first
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice hotel room, good facility, nice breakfast buffet. Friendly staff and there are plenty of them in the lobby. 5 minutes of walk and you are right under the Arch.

My room was at the south-west corner, close to the old court house, at 10+ level. I can always hear the noise due to the traffic (probably from I70), sometimes there were car beeping or motorcycle zooming sound, this makes a bit difficult for sleep at night. I understand the hotel couldn't reduce the traffic, maybe there is some improvement they could do with the windows. One friend of mine stayed in 6th floor and he didn't feel that, so I guess that highly depends on the level and specific room/window you have.

Room Tip: Some room might be noisy due to traffic.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review and recognition of our lobby staff GuangY! Please make sure to let us know of your sensitivity to highway noise the next time you visit. We can try to find a room further away from the Highway at check in. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Overland, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Poor experience overall. Our entire floor was dirty, the hallway clearly had not been swept in several days. Our room was very small. One concierge was friendly, the next was rude, you never knew which you would get. The parking jockeys were were very high pressure to valet, which is your only option to park on location. The alternative was to self park, two blocks away in a nasty garage, our SUV was scratched. It felt unsafe at night. And there is still a misc. $50.00 charge pending on out credit card, who know's if they'll try to push that through. No pool, our daughter was very disappointed. Absolutely NOT family friendly. Go across the street to the Drury, a much better hotel at a lower price. Highly disappointed.

Room Tip: Parking is very bad, be prepared for that if you don't $26 valet.
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank JeremyM469
Thank you for your feedback JeremyM469. Please contact me directly regarding the pending charge on your credit card, it is customary practice to keep an incidental hold of $50, however I can double check. I will speak to our housekeeping team regarding your concerns cleanliness. Again, please if you would like to contact me for personal assistance call directly to the hotel or send me an e-mail.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I was at this hotel got an overnight stay a few weeks ago on business. Im usually at this hotel once a month with no complaints. Beautiful hotel with a great view of the arch. Friendly staff with smooth check in. The cleanliness of the hotel was less desirable. I had to switch rooms(was given upgraded suite) because if the dust in the dresser. New suite was beautiful, clean with a great view.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star review Samantha! I will make sure to speak to our housekeeping management team regarding the cleanliness concerns you experienced with the room you had been checked into. I hope your travels bring you back to the Hyatt St. Louis this summer!

Coatesville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I got this hotel stay for a awesome price through priceline so I was worried about it. The rooms were HUGE!! We could have fit 4+ rollaway beds in the room, another in the bathroom and even another in the separate sitting area. We did have 2 dirty towels the first day that the staff apologized a ton for and replaced immediately. Wifi is very pricey at $15 a day and parking is by valet only and it's $27 a day BUT you are welcome to drive up to the valet, unload your car, take everything to your room and then go park. If you park about a block away to the NorthWest of the hotel in the Mansion parking, it's $8 a night during the week and $3 on weekends. Totally worth the nice walk. There are 3 restaurants in this hotel. We ate at one-the Brewhouse- and the service and food was horrific and our bill for 5 was $97. It wouldn't have been worth $20 the food was awful. I ordered an alcoholic beverage that I didn't even get a buzz from and I'm a lightweight. The sound was to loud. It was the Brewhouse...don't waste your time. The other 2 were also very price-Ruth Criss where the cheapest thing is $50 and another that wasn't to terribly priced. Very clean, very nice and my biggest complaint...no pool. Funny that I forgot this until I was asked to rate...the beds were the most uncomfortable beds ever but as you notice, that didn't even phase me because the rest of the stay was so amazing. 2 dirty towels, a stinky lady that brought up the rollaway bed and we still loved it a ton.

1 Thank Kristine J
Thank you for 4-Star review Kristine J! I appreciated your detailed feedback on the amenities we have to offer. Our WiFi is priced at $9.95 for a 24 hour access period, we also offer room packages that include internet on Hyatt.com. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

OK, first I dont get St Louis, but thats another story. This hotel is the best in the area and has a great view of the Arch. Staff is very friendly and nice. The Valet/Bell Hop older guy was way off, seemed to wait for a tip when he opened the door. Then if you didnt tip him he would look at his hand as to say pay up. Happened a few times with the same guy. Rooms with the best view can be loud because of the highway between the hotel and the arch. It is centrally located and a quick walk to the baseball stadium.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay PacificAndyLa (LA). I am sharing your feedback with our Guest Services manager to make sure we address your concerns with the Bell/Valet team. Please contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.

Blaine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and the location is the best. Right accross the street from the Arch and most attrations are within 15 min. The hotel staff is very accomodating and attentive. Only negatives were no pool for the grandkids, parking was expensive and long lines for valet parking at peak times and while the rooms are awesome, we found trash on the floor that the cleaning person missed, also, when our room was cleaned, they left a used washcloth in the middle of the room. Overall, would definately stay there again and would recommend this hotel for those not familiar with the area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star review Teri J! A more economical parking option is the Mansion House garage which is located adjacent to the hotel and is priced $3 per night on the weekend and $8 per night during the week. I will speak to our housekeeping management team regarding your cleanliness concerns. I hope you can come back to visit us during a Cardinals game!