New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallahassee, Florida
“First visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! Having not been to St. Louis in over 30 years, I did not know what to expect. The rooms were great, very comfortable! I appreciate the in-room coffee maker as well. The hotel staff were very friendly and always helpful. The sports bar was great, a place to relax and try local brews! Yes, they have local beer from microbreweries as well as Budweiser. The breakfast buffet was another positive experience. Everything was fresh and made-to-order egg dishes were available. Would definitely stay here again. Great location! Walking distance to baseball and football stadiums and several worthwhile restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gateway Arch view room. Amazing!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the 5-Star review John H! When you come to visit us again, please make sure to check out our Ruth's Chris restaurant. It’s a superb restaurant and can make for a great weekend escape.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here at the end of August for two nights, and all and all it was a very pleasant stay. The location could not be better - the Arch and Museum of Westward Expansion were right across the street, and Busch Stadium is 4 blocks to the east.

Our room, a basic one, was huge and well-appointed, with a mini-fridge, a spacious bathroom, and powerful air conditioning well-suited for a hot day in St.Louis. Concierge service was hit or miss - they were always helpful, but some seemed harried and uninterested. We were lucky to get a Hotwire deal that got the price of the room for under 100 bucks, but after checking the prices, we found that rooms are regularly available for 100-120 a night, a great value in comparison to the prices in other cities.

The only gripe I have was that the services in the hotel were overpriced. ATM fees, parking, Internet, the bar, and the gift shop were all way more than one would reasonably expect, particularly in light of the price for the room and the surrounding area. Nonetheless, the Hyatt provides five-star service at what would be a three-star price in most other cities. Recommended enthusiatically.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 4-Star review MKB1701! The Museum is a great historic site to visit, thanks for offering that as a suggestion to other travelers and also for your enthusiastic recommendation! I hope your travels will bring you back to the Hyatt St. Louis.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say that the staff was wonderful I have no problems with their staff. However I was disappointed with the Valet parking only if you want to park at the hotel. It cost $26 per day to do valet parking. So in order to park you have to use a another hotels parking lot, then walk to the hotel. For the money that I paid for my room I did not even have free Wi-Fi and breakfast was not included. The comfort inn hotel was cheaper and had more free amenities. The Hyatt wanted you pay to pay for every little thing.
Once again the staff was wonderful but the over all accommodations of the hotel was not to my satisfaction and also the room was nice however it was very small. Unfortunately I will not stay in another Hyatt hotel I think I do better at the less expensive hotel with bigger rooms and numerous free amenities.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback Javante. We do offer room packages that include breakfast in the room rate and often times you can find great value by checking out our website - Hyatt.com. If you do plan on returning, please let me.

Southern Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love the Hyatt Regency - all the employees are very nice and helpful. The room was large and the view of the courthouse was beautiful at Christmastime. The hotel itself is beautiful. Would recommend to anyone staying in St. Louis!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 5-Star review mitchell2013! I personally appreciated your recognition of our staff and your recommendation of our hotel to others. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to personally assist you.

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were there with our 3 young kids over the weekend. The location is just great- across the street from the arch, walking distance from many restaurants and attractions. The hotel is very nice, the staff very nice, as can be expected from a Hyatt. Friday night was rather noisy from both the adjacent rooms and the hallway (till midnight more or less), but we were so tired after the drive to St Louis that we still managed to sleep. Saturday night was nice and quiet. Service was good and efficient, and there were only 2 things that made us feel not so good:
1. The rooms are OK, but the beds are small- I would say full, maybe queen. In any case, having 2 adults and 2 kids fit in such 2 beds wasn't easy- my little girl actually slept on the floor the first night because the bed with her brother wasn't spacious enough, and later on when it got too cold for her tried to squeeze in with us which was practically impossible (we have a queen mattress at home and there's definitely more room there). And we are skinny people, certainly not large in size.
2. Parking on the streets over the weekend is free. I read that and after dropping of the luggage on the first night I drove around to look for a parking spot- which wasn't easy. Finally I found one and walked back to the hotel in the freezing cold (low 20's of a January night). When I got to the hotel I asked the bell boy if it's OK to park on the street, just to make sure I'm not going to get a ticket- he told me that overnight street parking is not allowed anywhere, and after I argued that I read it is OK he said that I can test it if I want to but he highly recommends against it. So I went back to the car on (still freezing cold outside) and drove to a garage and paid my fee. But later on I found out that he was wrong- parking is indeed allowed on the street overnight during the weekend (unless signs say differently of course). So I was upset at the bell boy not knowing this, but even more so at him misleading me with wrong info- and doing this with such great confidence.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review Dan E! Our rooms with two beds are double beds, I would recommend for a future stay to book two connecting rooms. We have a variety of packages for families that are more economical and would provide more space. I apologize for the information that had been provided regarding parking overnight. Typically street signage will dictate where it is safe to park overnight without receiving a ticket; however I would personally recommend paying for parking as it is covered and generally more secure. Please contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel durring Xmas break while we visited family in St. Louis area. My mother in law was traveling with us and it was her 1st time ever in STL so I wanted to stay in the heart of downtown in a nice hotel somewhere. This hotel is THE closest hotel to the Arch/riverfront. It is literly like a 3 minute walk. This hotel is the old Adam's Mark hotel. It is nice and seems like it gets lots of business conferences, etc... there was one going on while we were there. Check in was quick and the valet bell hop grabbed all of our bags from our car as we pulled up and delivered them to our room which was nice. There is free wi-fi only in the lobby, not in the rooms (which I never understand)
There were 3 adults and 2 children with my group so we stayed in a "family suite" (this was not available online, I had to call to reserve) It was basically a one king bed suite that connected to another room that was a 2 queen standard room that overlooked the arch. This layout was perfect for us. However there was a pull out couch that we had one of the kids sleep on and this did have bottle caps under it, which tells you that the room was not thouroughly clean. Something you never want to see. The space we had between the rooms was HUGE, great for my kids to run around and even play hide and seek. I felt they could run around without disturbing other rooms....so that was nice.
In our main room (1655) it was directly by the elevator control room on the 16th floor. 24 hours a day you would hear LOUD noises coming from it. IT WAS HORRIBLE. My wife called twice to complain, and the hotel manager acted like this was the first they have ever heard of it. They could not switch us rooms. STAY AWAY FROM room 1655 if you want to sleep!
Valet parking is a must here as there are no close parking garages around, cost $26/day. High but standard I guess with any big city. The in and out priveleges are nice to have if you have a car. There is a nice Starbucks in the lobby, as well as an overpriced sports bar.
Hotel was kind of what you expect from a Hyatt Regency in a huge city...

Room Tip: STAY AWAY FROM room 1655 if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback impresiv1. I would like to apologize again for the noise you experienced with the room you had stayed in. We are reviewing what we could do better moving forward to provide a quieter environment for guests that stay in the room you had been in. There is a self-parking option, the Mansion house garage adjacent to the hotel that is $8 per night on the weekdays and $3 per night on the weekend. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Overall experience was great. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. This is very important because you want your trip to be as smooth as possible; I only asked questions about sites and wait times, nothing very extreme. At some hotels, some staff can be annoyed considering they probably have to answer the same question over and over. The rooms were very clean and the lobby felt luxurious. The meeting rooms were very easy to find and the window views from outside of the room was awesome: ARCH right across the street. My room also had a great view of the Arch. Hotel is downtown so expect valet parking. I did not go to any of the restaurants in the hotel. I ventured out a few blocks away. The weekend I stayed the self-park was full and the staff was very understanding and valet for the same price. If you want a downtown hotel that is walkable to the stadium, Arch, other sites, I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 4-Star review AlienKid! I hope that you can come and visit us during the spring and summer months. There are a variety of different activities to participate in and the Cardinals baseball season provides a completely different ambiance to the downtown area. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to our hotel!