“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say that the staff was wonderful I have no problems with their staff. However I was disappointed with the Valet parking only if you want to park at the hotel. It cost $26 per day to do valet parking. So in order to park you have to use a another hotels parking lot, then walk to the hotel. For the money that I paid for my room I did not even have free Wi-Fi and breakfast was not included. The comfort inn hotel was cheaper and had more free amenities. The Hyatt wanted you pay to pay for every little thing.
Once again the staff was wonderful but the over all accommodations of the hotel was not to my satisfaction and also the room was nice however it was very small. Unfortunately I will not stay in another Hyatt hotel I think I do better at the less expensive hotel with bigger rooms and numerous free amenities.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Javante. We do offer room packages that include breakfast in the room rate and often times you can find great value by checking out our website - Hyatt.com. If you do plan on returning, please let me.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Korean first
Southern Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love the Hyatt Regency - all the employees are very nice and helpful. The room was large and the view of the courthouse was beautiful at Christmastime. The hotel itself is beautiful. Would recommend to anyone staying in St. Louis!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star review mitchell2013! I personally appreciated your recognition of our staff and your recommendation of our hotel to others. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to personally assist you.

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were there with our 3 young kids over the weekend. The location is just great- across the street from the arch, walking distance from many restaurants and attractions. The hotel is very nice, the staff very nice, as can be expected from a Hyatt. Friday night was rather noisy from both the adjacent rooms and the hallway (till midnight more or less), but we were so tired after the drive to St Louis that we still managed to sleep. Saturday night was nice and quiet. Service was good and efficient, and there were only 2 things that made us feel not so good:
1. The rooms are OK, but the beds are small- I would say full, maybe queen. In any case, having 2 adults and 2 kids fit in such 2 beds wasn't easy- my little girl actually slept on the floor the first night because the bed with her brother wasn't spacious enough, and later on when it got too cold for her tried to squeeze in with us which was practically impossible (we have a queen mattress at home and there's definitely more room there). And we are skinny people, certainly not large in size.
2. Parking on the streets over the weekend is free. I read that and after dropping of the luggage on the first night I drove around to look for a parking spot- which wasn't easy. Finally I found one and walked back to the hotel in the freezing cold (low 20's of a January night). When I got to the hotel I asked the bell boy if it's OK to park on the street, just to make sure I'm not going to get a ticket- he told me that overnight street parking is not allowed anywhere, and after I argued that I read it is OK he said that I can test it if I want to but he highly recommends against it. So I went back to the car on (still freezing cold outside) and drove to a garage and paid my fee. But later on I found out that he was wrong- parking is indeed allowed on the street overnight during the weekend (unless signs say differently of course). So I was upset at the bell boy not knowing this, but even more so at him misleading me with wrong info- and doing this with such great confidence.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review Dan E! Our rooms with two beds are double beds, I would recommend for a future stay to book two connecting rooms. We have a variety of packages for families that are more economical and would provide more space. I apologize for the information that had been provided regarding parking overnight. Typically street signage will dictate where it is safe to park overnight without receiving a ticket; however I would personally recommend paying for parking as it is covered and generally more secure. Please contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel durring Xmas break while we visited family in St. Louis area. My mother in law was traveling with us and it was her 1st time ever in STL so I wanted to stay in the heart of downtown in a nice hotel somewhere. This hotel is THE closest hotel to the Arch/riverfront. It is literly like a 3 minute walk. This hotel is the old Adam's Mark hotel. It is nice and seems like it gets lots of business conferences, etc... there was one going on while we were there. Check in was quick and the valet bell hop grabbed all of our bags from our car as we pulled up and delivered them to our room which was nice. There is free wi-fi only in the lobby, not in the rooms (which I never understand)
There were 3 adults and 2 children with my group so we stayed in a "family suite" (this was not available online, I had to call to reserve) It was basically a one king bed suite that connected to another room that was a 2 queen standard room that overlooked the arch. This layout was perfect for us. However there was a pull out couch that we had one of the kids sleep on and this did have bottle caps under it, which tells you that the room was not thouroughly clean. Something you never want to see. The space we had between the rooms was HUGE, great for my kids to run around and even play hide and seek. I felt they could run around without disturbing other rooms....so that was nice.
In our main room (1655) it was directly by the elevator control room on the 16th floor. 24 hours a day you would hear LOUD noises coming from it. IT WAS HORRIBLE. My wife called twice to complain, and the hotel manager acted like this was the first they have ever heard of it. They could not switch us rooms. STAY AWAY FROM room 1655 if you want to sleep!
Valet parking is a must here as there are no close parking garages around, cost $26/day. High but standard I guess with any big city. The in and out priveleges are nice to have if you have a car. There is a nice Starbucks in the lobby, as well as an overpriced sports bar.
Hotel was kind of what you expect from a Hyatt Regency in a huge city...

Room Tip: STAY AWAY FROM room 1655 if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the feedback impresiv1. I would like to apologize again for the noise you experienced with the room you had stayed in. We are reviewing what we could do better moving forward to provide a quieter environment for guests that stay in the room you had been in. There is a self-parking option, the Mansion house garage adjacent to the hotel that is $8 per night on the weekdays and $3 per night on the weekend. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Overall experience was great. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. This is very important because you want your trip to be as smooth as possible; I only asked questions about sites and wait times, nothing very extreme. At some hotels, some staff can be annoyed considering they probably have to answer the same question over and over. The rooms were very clean and the lobby felt luxurious. The meeting rooms were very easy to find and the window views from outside of the room was awesome: ARCH right across the street. My room also had a great view of the Arch. Hotel is downtown so expect valet parking. I did not go to any of the restaurants in the hotel. I ventured out a few blocks away. The weekend I stayed the self-park was full and the staff was very understanding and valet for the same price. If you want a downtown hotel that is walkable to the stadium, Arch, other sites, I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star review AlienKid! I hope that you can come and visit us during the spring and summer months. There are a variety of different activities to participate in and the Cardinals baseball season provides a completely different ambiance to the downtown area. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to our hotel!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the friendly check-in to the valets we were treated like extra special guests. We used hotwire.com to get a great winter price and it was more than worth our stay. We even had a view of the arch from our room. We had the breakfast buffet our last day at the hotel and it was well worth the price. This is definitely the hotel to stay in if you are staying in downtown St. Louis.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the arch!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star review kevinpalmer! I appreciated your recognition of our Front desk and Valet attendants. Please check out Hyatt.com for a variety of economical room packages that can include breakfast. I hope that your travels will bring you back to St. Louis!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The location next to the Arch is great ..Location is great within walking distance to everything... Walked down along the river.
It is a fairly large hotel and feels very luxurious from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms.
Cost amazing, you would pay three times as much in Australia for this hotel.
We went to our first football game on the Friday night... we loved it very different to Austalian football.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to our friends.
Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star review DebJ3! It’s great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. You should return in the summer and catch a Cardinals game; it really captures the feel of St. Louis. Please let me know if I can personally assist you in booking a reservation or helping in any way.