WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if wanting to see the arch! We were given super bad directions to a restaurant, but everyone was very friendly. The rooms are just average... Nothing special! Worked great for a 1 night stay while traveling!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review tkilhoffer! Please send me an e-mail and let me know which restaurant you had received poor instructions on getting too. I want to make sure we address this with our guest services and front office staff. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to additionally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. Nov 26th - 30th. Personnel are nice but the product is average. Was upgraded to a corner unit and it wasn't all that. I can't imagine what the other rooms are like. Room design is awkward. Nice bathroom. The closet is walk in but only because the room is not properly designed. The room is a nice size but plain and actually feels empty. Not enough drawer space for apparel, tv swivels but along with the stand, walls are scratched, alarm clock has iPod nano dock (who still carries those?), bed is decent, tub originally was not draining properly but the engineer fixed it the day I informed the front desk. Downtown St. Louis is a ghost town this time of year after 5pm. Not much of a value stay. That's it in a nutshell!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback Geovani1. We will check our corner rooms and see if we can move the furniture to make the room more accommodating for our guests. If you plan on returning, please let me know and I can assist in providing activity options for the downtown area.

Fullerton, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The location is excellent, since we went there for the arch. I don’t think you can find a hotel closer to the arch than this one.
The lady working at the front desk when we checked in, Bessie, was very helpful. She upgraded us to a room on the 18th floor when I requested a room with a view of the arch. But our room still looked nothing like those on Hyatt Regency’s website.
Don’t think their housekeeping did a good job. I found hair on my hand towel. The hair dryer was also very dusty.

We will stay there again next time since no hotel has a better location and view but pay more for a better room. Hope it will be cleaner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 4-Star review cynthiacheng! We will retrain our Housekeeping team on re-checking all towels that are placed in our rooms as well as checking the dryer for dust. I appreciated your recognition of Bessie and her efforts; I will make sure your feedback is shared with our Front Office team. Please let me know if you plan on returning so we can make sure to do a better job with your room on your next visit!

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been here couple times and it is bang opposite to the arch. If you use economy parking which is at the mansion house around the block, you only pay $8/day as against $ 26 valet parking. We booked via priceline and hence it wasn't a bad deal. However the housekeeping was terrible. They cleaned zilch.
Breakfast buffet is $15 and change... you might be better of to to go to Hardees which is a block away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karjanmed
Thank you for the 4-Star review and parking recommendation Karjanmed! I will share your concerns regarding room cleanliness with our Executive Housekeeper. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel very convenient to downtown. Quick and easy check in. The only complaint is housekeeping did not clean the room during our two night stay. Not a big deal. Starbucks in the lobby as well as a great bar and grille. We even had a view of the arch from our room. Would stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 5-Star review and kmwek! I will share your comments regarding missed housekeeping service with our housekeeping team. Thank you for acknowledging our in house Starbucks and awesome Brewhouse restaurant! We look forward to having you visit us again.

Siberian District, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night as tourists. The location is awesome: its in the downtown centre 2 minutes on foot from the Arch and 5-7 minutes from the Amtrak station by cab. We were easily checked in 30 minutes before the official check-in time. It turned out that the Internet actually is free. The room was spacious and clean.The most incredible thing is the value for money: if you can find 4-stars hotel for only 100 USD with taxes for two person with breakfast and complimentary Internet in the heart of the city, please let me know. No doubts I'll stay there. Despite it was some kind of a school league american football game the weekend we stayed and the hotel was overcrowded with small participants, fans, supporters and their parents the staff was very pleasant and rather quick with their regular duties. We were staying in a queue for breakfast, but it was moving so rapid, so I take it as a well done professional work of waiters and hostesses. I wish I could put an excellent mark, but we were expecting to have bathrobes in our room and there were none. Moreover the call to room service department gave us nothing, no one even picked up the phone and we weren't called back. In any case I consider this visit as an excellent experience. I can definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Saint Louis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review Begemoth! Over this Holiday weekend we were offering free internet to all of our guests. We are currently charging at $9.95 for standard internet and $14.95 for premium speed internet. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to St. Louis. I would love to personally assist you.

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Rooms Executive
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stay at the Hyatt Regency at the Arch several times per year for work. The hotel is located in a great area - walking distance to see a Cardinals or Rams game. It's quite literally across the street from the Arch and the old courthouse. The views of the Arch and river cannot be missed. You're also near a lot o restaurants and the Lumiere Casino has a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off (should you want to gamble a bit). As a business traveler, some of the rooms have a small desk which is not ideal to work in, however for those traveling on holiday, that should not be an issue. Also, the hotel staff is very friendly and there's a Starbucks in the hotel. Definitely consider this hotel for your next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room above the 30's (like 1235 - 12th floor, 35th room). That will get...