“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed here whilst driving Route 66 and I would highly recommend this hotel. Staff were friendly, food was excellent, cocktails were amazing, great location right by the Arch. We had a room facing the Arch and Courthouse so view was amazing. We only stayed the one night but I would definitely return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star review TravellerHB1979! Our staff routinely provides an exceptional level of service, I will make sure your comments are shared with the hotel. Please let me know if you do plan on returning, I would love to assist you with a future booking.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First of all, nicest people I ahve met in a while at any hotel. HAving said that, this hotel sits downtown St.Louis and is surrounded by some of the most traffice nosiue I ahve ever expereinced. WHen everyon says try to get a room on a higher floor, do it. As far as the view of the arch , be careful because the conference center and rooms is located right beside a 4 or 6 lane highway! OMG, the noise is jsut to much!

When I arrived there were roaches in my bathtub, but that did not upset me to much, they ahave been around for millions of years, however I was not offered another room or any compensatiuon what so ever, jsut o we will ahve someone look at it... I am sure the raoches are now auditioning for the next Men in Black movie!

I have stayed at Hyatt's all over the US, and this was my least favorite, the elevators are to slow and the banquet food was to cold. Walk three blocks up to the Chil Mac and get a great breakfast for under 5 bucks! Go over to Anthony's Bar, beside the famous Tony's restaurant and ask Joe the bar tender for his recommendation for a meal that night, drink and dinner under 30 bucks!

Again, loved the people at the Arch but they should have been a little nicer to me... o by the way when I checked in I asked for a room away from traffic and the young lady said no problem! She stuck me witht the roaches in a room facing city traffic... I just did not have the heart to argue after my long flight... my bad!

Room Tip: Stay some where else... or get a room on the 17th/18th floor.... but really to noisey!
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank L f
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay L f. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the highway and the housekeeping concerns you had mentioned. I will make sure to review the positioning of rooms with our Front Office staff and also address your housekeeping concerns with our Executive Housekeeper. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

GRANDVIEW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was perfect for our mini vacation to St. Louis! The view from our hotel room was BEAUTIFUL!! Price was pretty great! Bed super comfortable! Only bad thing was that the tv couldn't turn off. The remote and button didn't work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star review MEGAN M! We have a great location for a quick getaway with a variety of activities in walking distance and a selection of great amenities in the hotel. Your concerns with the television remote will be shared with our Housekeeping team. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This location offers a very comfortable room and great location in St. Louis. The in-house restaurant "Red" has a small variety of options but the food was very good. The beds are comfy and the view from our room was amazing. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well-maintained. However, staff are not as professional as one would expect from Hyatt:

1. The valet staff are very rude and obnoxious. They do not wish to assist in any way and basically want to stand around doing nothing while you figure out what you need to do. The exception to this was Joseph who assisted us following check-out. Out of probably 10 valet staff, he is honestly the only one who was courteous and helpful.

2. India at the Front Desk is a force to be reckoned with. I had called a bellman at 10:45am to assist with luggage for check-out. At 11:25am she phoned my room to say "you will be out of that room by Noon or I will charge you for an extra night." When I told her that I had been waiting for a bellman for almost an hour, her response, which was agressive and loud, was, "either way be out of there by Noon." I proceeded down to the Front Desk and handled the situation in the most cordial way possible. She remained rude and very curt advising me that I should have called for a bellman earlier than I did. I never expected it to take an hour for a bellman to arrive. The Front Desk Manager on duty was equally as rude and obnoxious telling me, "we are sold out for the night and you need to make arrangements to be out of the room by Noon." This was ridiculous since a) I had not requested a late check-out and 2) I was waiting on their staff to remove luggage which is what they are paid to do.

I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since the program since its inception. Having stayed at countless Hyatt Hotels throughout the world, this was by far the worst experience with hotel staff. The accomodations themselves are A+++ and genuine Hyatt. The staff at this location easily receive an F- and management should consider retraining in customer service and proper personalities during their work hours. I will not return to this location. We ended up moving to the Hilton and was very impressed with the staff and hotel. A far better environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ScottHSH
Thank you for your feedback ScottHSH. I apologize for the poor interactions you experienced with our Valet and Front Office staff. Your feedback has been shared with our Valet parking manager and Front Office Manager. We will speak to and re-train the associates you had mentioned. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to earn your loyalty back to the Hyatt St. Louis.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed on 11/14 on a rate that included free internet and breakfast buffet, still less than $110. The breakfast buffet is like no other, an omelet station, hot and cold foods, fruits and cheeses and smoothies. Room comfy and access to major highways and STL stadiums is excellent.

Room Tip: Get a rate that includes breakfast, it's surely worth it.
1 Thank gac628
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friend calls the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch her go-to hotel for STL accommodations, so I was eager to stay there. I have to admit the view of the arch is nice; seems like I can reach out and touch the it. The Ruth’s Chris restaurant on the first floor was delicious with great Happy Hour deals at the bar, inviting atmosphere and friendly customers.

My room was nothing spectacular – small in size, but comfortable for two. Flat screen television, small desk area and cozy chair with reading lamp. The bathroom has tile flooring, granite counters, nice fixtures and hardware. Room sizes do vary greatly at this hotel.
The hotel offers Wi-Fi for a fee, but it is free in the lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge areas on the main floor. Check-in and checkout were both smooth and uneventful.

Guest services employees were efficient and friendly. While surfing the internet on my netbook, I overheard one of the representatives attempting to assist a very hungry guest at around two in the morning. She was quite patient as he/she asked a number of seemingly mundane questions via telephone. Eventually she called a cab for the guest. When the cab notified the desk of the driver’s arrival, she called the guest to notify him/her that the cab was ready for the White Castle run. More back and forth exchanges followed, guest finally came down, woo-hoo, food run.

Overall a nice place with wonderful facilities – workout room, restaurant, bar, et cetera. My stay was comfortable and secure. High five!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star review iluv2go2! Your positive comments about our Front Office staff will be shared with the Front Office Manager. I appreciate your recognition of their efforts in providing a seamless arrival and departure experience. Please let me know if you plan on returning, I would love to assist you.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for a conference so price did not affect me. Overall, the hotel was great and I would recommend it. I had a 16th floor room with a view of the Arch and the old Courthouse. You can walk to the 2nd Street area which is full of bars and places to eat. My only negative comment would be about the room. When I checked, the bathroom had been cleaned but the previous occupents soap was still in the shower and there were other bathroom items that were on the counter that were not part of the hotel freebies. It just got me thinking about the rest of the room and how clean it really was.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star review and restaurant recommendations TCMexico! Your housekeeping concerns will be addressed with our Executive Housekeeper. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to personally assist you on a future visit.