“Nice, clean facility with friendly staff”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice, clean facility with friendly staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am currently staying my last night here at the Hyatt. It is very nice and clean. A previous reviewer says you can see the Arch from each room, but that is not true. I did go in someone's room who has an Arch view, and it is breathtaking (but my room doesn't). The hotel is lovely... nice doors, nice decor. The staff is incredibly friendly and willing to help. I think I have driven the lobby staff crazy asking them how to get places and where to eat and what to see (and if they found an item I lost). They have given great recommendations of places to eat that are within walking distance, which is very helpful. I am here for a conferece, so I have been in many of the meeting rooms. They are all lovely. We had breakfasty snacks during our meeting breaks...it was a lovely presentation, but everything was wheat based, which would not be helpful to someone who is gluten intolerant, so i was sad to see only bagels, croissants, and muffins. They did have several types of water (lemon and basil, orange and lime, others) which were a very nice touch.
Breakfast is not included in all rooms (I think you have to pay extra) and it looked a bit pricey. I thought lunch would be pricey, but I had a wonderful soup/salad bar for not too much, and the soup was some of the best tomato soup I have ever had. Great salad selection too.

Room Tip: ask for an arch room (king size beds)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review LadyDarcy! Our guest rooms have a variety of views, in order to guarantee a view of the arch I would recommend booking an Arch-view deluxe room. The Arch-view Deluxe room provides a large well-appointed guest room and a direct view of the St. Louis Arch. Please check out Hyatt.com to review a variety of room packages that can include breakfast. If you do return and dine in our restaurants please let your server know of your gluten intolerance, we do provide gluten free options. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Korean first
Hornersville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I loved this hotel and will definitely come back, I might even come back for my birthday in January. Everyone was so nice and even though I pulled up in my crappy old Ford they treated me as if I was driving a BMW. Everywhere I went the employees asked how I was and thanked me for being there. It made me feel so important being at this fancy hotel because I rarely get extra money to go on vacations. The room was clean and the beds where wonderful, the view was so pretty that I slepted with the curtains opened so I could wake up with the sun rise. The only problem I had was that when I booked the room it said online that it came with a breakfast voucher but when we called that morning the lady said we didn't so my friend and I had to go walk somewhere else to get breakfast. I wish I could have stayed more than one night, but money was tight. Hopefully Ill get to come back up in a couple for months for my birthday!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review Casey J! Our valet team works very hard to provide efficient service with a positive attitude, thank you for your recognition of their efforts. I hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you on your upcoming Birthday!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked 3 hotel rooms for a group trip up to Saint Louis and this hotel was OUTSTANDING!

First, they had no problem splitting up the deposits for the different rooms even though my name was on all the rooms.
Second, the rooms all had views of the arch (2 had frontal views and 1 had a partial view, just be sure to ask for a room with a great view)
Third, the hotel is walking distance from the Arch, Casino, and Washington street.

This place is perfect for all sorts of trips: business, family, friends, groups, couples, etc.
It can be a little pricey so it is probably not right if your on a budget.

The only bummer is that there is no pool...... might detract from the value for some people.

Tip: They often have stay 2 nights get 1 free deals through Hyatt. Also, Priceline's name your own price usually rents out these rooms, but is not guaranteed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the Arch, they are usually ready and willing to accommodate (espe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review zeke h! I appreciated your great tip about booking a reservation; we provide a variety of great packages that can be reserved at Hyatt.com. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Marshfield, WI
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place gets "service with a smile!" From the moment I pulled to valet I was treated as royalty. The manager greeted me in the lobby, the front desk agent Reegay was smiling and professional, and the bellman Matt was charming and humorous. My room had an awesome view of the Arches! What a stay!

The food was top notch, from the breakfast buffet (I had the eggs benedict, my partner had the frenched toast) to the burgers in the bar, wow. So pleased with my visit - what are they putting in the water in St. Louis - that's what I call service! (just kidding the water quality was fine)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wales
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here on a special deal of 3 nights for 2 and it proved a great bargain, with the buffet breakfast thrown in as well. Every room has a view of the Arch which is a bonus as you can view it in daylight and at nighttime - when lit up. For breakfast you can also order fresh omlette, scrambled, etc which is cooked right in front of you. There is also a great variety of food on offer which will suit all tastes.
The staff fall over each other in attempting to help, advise guests. If traveling by car I would advise that you use the public car park which is just a block away for a better rate. The facilities of the hotel I.e. Gym, shop, restaurant also are good value as well as the in-room facilities which
you would come to expect from this hotel group. All in all a really enjoyable hotel in a great
location for any activities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review gareth475! We are most proud of our staff at the Hyatt and I appreciate your recognition of their efforts to provide outstanding service. We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Room was a little small, not a lot of drawer space. Great location and view. The facility was very clean, staff was great and dining options were wonderful. Valet service was extremely efficient. Great place to stay for a quick getaway.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review Estep1129! I appreciated your recognition of our Valet team and their efforts to provide quick and efficient service. We look forward to having you visit us again!

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went to Saint Louis to watch the musical "Les Miserables" at the Fox Theater. We booked this room through Hotels.com for only $ 99 a night incl. breakfast.
The front desk agent was very friendly and as I asked him if the room was facing the arch , he gave us a room that did. The room was very spacious, the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable and we had an amazing view of the Arch. The breakfast buffet is usually $15 a person if you pay it individually. The variety was great. You could build your own omelette, a lot of pastries, etc.. Excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for the view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review Karin R! Your positive remarks about the kindness of the Front desk agent and our breakfast selection are greatly appreciated; I will make sure they are shared with the hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.