“Excellent Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aurora, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Hyatt St. Louis at The Arch is at a great location. The hotel is very nice inside, and has a lot to offer in amenities. However, the best part of this hotel is the staff. Everyone is very friendly, and ready to help. It is a very large property, but feels much smaller based on the quality of service. I would not stay anywhere else in downtown St. Louis. This hotel is the best!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Arch or Old Court House are both excellent.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you SteveWelsh – for your fantastic comments and 5-Star review! We appreciate all of your feedback and positive remarks, and will share them with our team. Please contact me directly if you need anything prior to your next visit. Thank you again.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Korean first
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a very nice hotel--a Hyatt right downtown, you can be sure the staff knows how to run a hotel. The location is great for touristy stuff--you could hit the base of the arch with an 8 iron, and right next to the arch is the Old Cathedral. Our room had a view of the river and the Eads Bridge. It had a refrigerator, very helpful when traveling with kids. The staff--actually I thought the concierges we dealt with were reading my mind or something. They sent us to Eat Rite Diner for breakfast--if you're into hipster irony you would probably love the place, but if you just like old diners for bacon and eggs it was perfect.

I was surprised they didn't clean our room during the one full day we were there, but my wife caught up with the housekeepers and got some clean towels from them, that was all we needed.

For other sights, the ballpark is a 5 minute walk, the City Museum is a good 15-20 minutes, but pleasant, and Forest Park is a 10 minute drive or, as I heard a concierge explain to a patron, it's easy to get there on the commuter train. Also, the wonderful Wainwright Bldg is a five minute walk.

Overall, I would definitely stay there on my next trip to St. Louis, and my family loved the city, so I'm sure we'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North look at the Crowne Plaza, but you can also see the River
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you Bob_the_Professor for giving us great feedback and comments after your visit. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and will visit us again. I will definitely have to try the diner you recommended, it sounds like my kind of place!

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you in the future. Thanks again for the great 4-Star review!

Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is pretty nice! I actually got a great deal on priceline and didn't expect much considering the amazing price. The hotel is really modern and clean with a super friendly staff. I had a double room but wanted to switch to a single bed since it was just me. "Would business king be ok, it's a little bigger for the same price?" said the woman at the front desk (which had cool island style counters with cute little laptops). Sure!!

I open up my room, there's a full granite conference table, mini bar, and huge king bed. It was a little much but man it was really nice. I know where to go if I need a small meeting place in STL! The bed was so comfy, the a/c was perfect and kept me cozy, and the bathroom fixtures were really modern. The bathroom was a bit small considering the massive room (the toilet sat in the middle and only allowed about a foot between the bathtub and a foot between the sink).

The actually asked for a smaller room because it was too much but they didn't have anything facing the river so I stayed. It was a good gesture towards getting me the bed I wanted so I can't complain. Everywhere I walked around in the hotel, any staff present were always smiling and helpful.

Location is key. The hotel sits right on the river (well across the street but you get my point!) and is basically RIGHT next to the arch. I could walk to a lot of places including some the Macys, grocery stores, bars, restaurants, and of course, the Arch. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you eminjay – for your great 5-Star rating across the board! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and complimentary upgrade to the business king. Thank you for the great comments on our location, just across the road from the Arch, it really is right where you want to be for downtown St. Louis. We appreciate your feedback and business, and are looking forward to your next visit with us. Thanks again!

Omaha, NE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt. We purchased 2 rooms via Priceline. When we first checked in it was a bit of a task to get connecting rooms but Cristal was amazing and really worked it out for us. The rooms were decorated nicely but there was some questionable stains on the wallpaper. I wasn't sure if it was vomit, hot chocolate or a coffee beverage. The phone cord had been pulled out of the wall so the phone didn't work next to the bed. Also, the room had double beds and could potentially sleep four people but only had 3 towels and 2 washcloths in the bath. Not really enough for us. The first day our room was not serviced by housekeeping until after 4pm and even then I had to call and ask when they would be coming.

Other things that was not too great about this stay-
1. No pool. I knew this going in but still kind of bummed me out. We took our kids over to City Park and let them play in the fountain.
2. Parking is a nightmare. Self park is $20. If you leave and come back in the evening the lot will be full. They tell you can valet park and they won't charge you anymore than self parking but check your bill. They tried to charge us for valet parking until I said something. Also, picking up the car from valet was a pain. We were told we had to go down to the garage and that they wouldn't bring the car around to the front of the hotel. Finally a hotel employee talked the valet to bring the car around front since we had a lot of luggage. It took him 20 minutes to get the car up to us.
3. When I checked in I was told we were on a "quiet floor". The front desk clerk stressed that it was quiet and wanted to make sure that we didn't have noisy kids with us (they aren't by the way). I was more than thrilled to be on the quiet floor until the Saturday night drunks rolled in at 1 and 2 and 3 and 4am. Then people were letting kids run up and down the hall at 7 and 8 and 9am. I lost track of how many times I was woken up. So much for the "quiet floor".
4. Gift shop was super pricy. Go down the street a block to the convience store.
5. Water saving showerhead was awful. The shower also only had 2 settings hot and hotter. Not great for my 10 year old daughter.
6. Pay for wifi???? Seriously? I couldn't believe the rates either! $15+ for 1 day use. One more place that tries to nickel and dime you.

Things I liked about the hotel-
1. Walking distance to lots of great places.
2. The downtown trolley stops right by the hotel and goes to downtown attractions for $2 for an adult and $1 for a kid.
3. Great carriage rides right outside the hotel.
4. Brewhouse restaurant was great food and a great place to sit and watch the Olympics. The staff there was really friendly.
5. Starbucks in the lobby made for a quick, cheap breakfast.

I would stay here again but only if I paid what I got the room on Priceline for. I would never pay the actual hotel price. Just not worth it for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. That way it will cut down on the city noise.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MeganRN
Thank you MeganRN for your feedback following your visit in July. I appreciate your feedback on housekeeping and parking; I will share this with my management team and address your concerns personally. Additionally, I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other guests despite being put on a quiet floor. This is truly disappointing, as a good night’s sleep is really the basic expectation when staying in a 4-Star hotel.

Please contact me if there is anything I can do for you, I appreciate your review and will be sure to follow up on your comments.

Rising Sun, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Perfect location for our stay in St. Louis....Blocks away from the Arch & Busch Stadium....Room was more than adequate for our visit....Comfortable & very friendly staff.....Self-Parking was $20 per day....which was great because we found out parking at Busch Stadium was $15.......Because of location we didn't take the car out except when we went to History Museum, Art Museum, & Zoo....which were all free, including the parking......

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Joseph C, for your amazing 5-Star review! St. Louis has a great variety of fun activities and events for guests traveling with family. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of some of them. Please let me know if you plan on returning, either myself of one of our concierges will be happy to provide you with additional options. Thank you again for the fantastic review!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt on July 26th. Our room was small but was very well appointed and had a fantastic view of the Arch. The lobby is spacious and grand. Check-in was easy and she made some recommendations for dinner. The hotel provided us with a crib that fit perfectly. Spacious and really well appointed bathroom as well.

The hotel really blew us away though on the 27th. We had an unrelated, extremely difficult set of personal circumstances and when we asked the hotel for late checkout, they just overwhelmed us with hospitality. They gave us the room cleans extra night and even gave us access to the posh Regency Club, where we able to stretch out, snack and better deal with the extraordinarily difficult circumstance.

Chris, the hotel's front desk manager at the time, really made it his personal mission to take care of us. I'd happily stay there again, and now I know that the Hyatt name is at the top.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review Jeremy - I’m glad I could help. Thank you for the great comments, and please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you in the future. Good luck!

314-342-4647
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Booked this hotel based on reviews, while we attended a conference at a nearby hotel ( Thank you tripadvisor for the warnings of our host hotel - Glad we did not stay there). The Hyatt is located across the street from the Arch. The rooms were larg with refrigerators (great addition when traveling with kids). We self-parked a tthe hotel for $20.00 / night, but I understand there is a parking garage a couple of blocks up for less. Outside the fron door was the horse-led carriage ride, of which we took full advantage. The staff was not overly friendly, but were cordial. Several dinner options nearby, prices reasonable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you C V, for doing your research and choosing Hyatt. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and would recommend us to your friends and family. Please contact me at any time if there’s anything I can do for you at any time. Thank you again!