“Would be pretty nice if the security staff and management cared.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

You added Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   315 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1813 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Would be pretty nice if the security staff and management cared.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Hyatt could be a decent place to stay, except the rooms are not very sound proof. Unfortunately the night we stayed there were many individuals running up and down the halls, and I believe it was just a hotel party. I had my wife and children with me. I normally never complain, but I asked for security to see what all the yelling and door banging was about. This was around midnight. Another 30 minutes or so passed and nothing happened. I waited, and called security again. To make a long story short, it was almost 2 in the morning when it all stopped. I was very upset, and doubt I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Dovernj
, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Wow, I am extremely disappointed to hear your stay was interrupted by noisy neighbors, and our security team didn’t respond in a timely manner. We do take noise on guest floors extremely serious, and have a dedicated security team on staff 24 hours a day. I apologize that we didn’t meet your basic expectation of a good night’s rest.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to research this incident further and make things right for you. Thank you for your comments,

314-342-4647

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Korean first
Jefferson City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place was great. Great service, great food, and great experience. Affordable rooms. We got the AAA rate which included 2 free buffet breakfast per day which was quite a savings since the buffet was $15 a person. The only complaint was parking. It's expensive. $21 per day to self park. Even if you want to pay that much to park at hotel, sometimes the garage fills up and you have to park a block away. It actually wasn't bad since it was only $5. I've stayed at lots of nice places downtown and this is my new favorite.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you Katie G for your great 4-Star review! I’m glad to hear you’ve picked a new favorite hotel downtown and it’s the Hyatt! Please let me know if you ever need anything, or are coming to town for a special occasion, I’d love to see what we can do for you. Thanks again for the great comments!

Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very nice hotel. Rooms were updated and clean. The location to the arch was excellent and we could see the arch from our hotel room. The staff was very friendly and helpful in all recommendations of activities and restaurants. If you are traveling with kids, there is not much to do close to this hotel. Downside.. wireless access is only free in the lobby and it cost 21 with tax to park in the hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank Broketraveler you for your great review and comments. We do offer economy parking for as low as $3 per day. Please let me know if this interests you in the future, I can be reached at any time if you need anything at all.

Chris Palid - Assistant Rooms Executive
314-342-4647
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Then the Hyatt would be a good choice. The lobby has been remodelled and the rooms are nicely appointed.
However, there are a couple of things you really need to know:
This is an old hotel. And while it has been gussied up, the plumbing appears to be unchanged. What that means is you will hear what appears to be mating calls of amorous whales all night long. Sure, it is only the water pipes resetting, or whatever they are doing (I am not a plumber)' but it kept this light sleeper up longer than he would have preferred.
The hotel web site makes a big deal about how an inexpensive parking lot is " just around the corner." Well, technically that's correct. However, once you turn that corner, expect to keep walking for a block. Now that is no big deal if you are unencumbered. But if you have your bags... Well, make sure you do not. I parked two levels down, then discovered the elevator doors were locked -- an attendant said they are always locked-- and had to trudge up two ramps, and had no breath left when I hit street level. Bottom line, drop your bags off before you check in, and get the car first when you are leaving.

Room Tip: Ignore the rating on the pool and spa. Hit by mistake and cannot get them off. Ask for an Arch view...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Exscribe
, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you Exscribe for your review and feedback on our location, as well as parking and the guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback and travelers tips, as they help to improve the experience of our future guests. I agree, especially in the hot St. Louis weather, that carrying your luggage for one block to the economy lot can be quite cumbersome. We do allow guests to drop off their luggage before parking, whether it be self-parking, valet, or economy parking. The economy garage is also ideal for longer stays if you don’t plan on using your car while in downtown. The savings are almost $20 per day, however in-and-out privileges are not included. Please contact me at any time if you have any questions, thank you again.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Yep, our room looked right upon the Arch. Super clean hotel. Didn't really interact with the staff much, but had no reason too--i think that's a good thing. Priceline it , it always seems to be the 4 star winner and it's well worth it with the discount. the beds and pillows are top notch--only the W hotels are better for bedding in my opinion. Walking distance to Busch Stadium and to many really good restaurants ( we loved the Bridge and their two other sister spots The Range and The Rooster). I'd give it 5 stars if it had a POOL! C'mon, it's hot in St Louis! I'm just being spoiled although I saw alot of kids there who would agree with me. Stay here.... it's really, really nice!
(you can dip your feet in water at the city gardens right across the street if you need to)

Room Tip: try to ask for arch view
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you pozdowny for your great review! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, and please contact our concierge Andrea if you need any recommendations for swimming on your next trip - Andrea.Bruemmer@hyatt.com.

Chris Palid - Assistant Rooms Executive
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived late on a Wednesday eveniing to find the stunning lobby area hopping. Our checkin process was incredibly smooth, and everyone wlecomed us by name.

Our request for an arch view was granted, as we discovered when we opened the door to our beautiful room. You couldn't ask for a better view of the arch! In fact, this hotel (of all the hotels in St. Louis) has, by far, the best views and location of the arch. Hands down.

The room was larger than most and very clean and well-appointed. We slept great!

The staff at the Hyatt were the most accomodating group of people we have ever encountered (and we travel A LOT.) From the front desk staff to the bellhops to the concierge to the bar servers, everyone was smiling, happy, and just plain nice. What a refreshing change from the many other downtown hotels we've stayed in.
Because parking was pretty expensive ($20-but typical for a big city, downtown location), we asked and were told about the lower-priced alternative down the street at the Mansion. We drove over there, found a spot in the garage, and easily walked the two blocks back to the hotel. The cost, $8, is well worth it. We returned to the bar, got a pizza from the bar (which was actually very good), and headed up to our room for the night.

While watching TV there, we saw a clip for an upcoming episode of Adam Richman's "The Best Sandwich I Ever Ate", which would be featuring a sandwich in St, Louis. We asked the concierge about it; while he wasn't sure, he went above and beyond by googling it until he found out it is the BLT sandwich at Crown Candy. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we had already planned to have ice cream at Crown, so we decided to also do lunch there the next day. All I can say is, amazing! Best lunch I think I have ever had.

The hotel is directly across the street from the arch, so you can easily get around to most places w/o a car. The only time we needed ours was to go to Crown, which is hard to get to and not really walkable.

This will go down in history as one of our all-time favorite hotels. Thanks, everyone at the Hyatt at the Arch. We will DEFINITELY go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the arch.
1 Thank skelco11
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Wow – thank you skelco11 for the fantastic review! We love to “make history” as people’s All-time favorite hotels!!

I’m going to have to try the BLT you recommended, I’m getting hungry just reading your review.

Please contact me when you plan on returning to St. Louis, I’d love to meet your personally and make sure we live up to the high bar we’ve set for ourselves!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. We went to see the Cardinals play and this hotel is perfectly located for such a trip. It is literally only steps from Busch Stadium and the Arch. We booked the breakfast package that included a great buffet with more than we expected. Both mornings it was excellent with very good service, even when very busy.

Our room was very nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. Daily service of the room was great.

We visited the Brewhouse prior to attending the game for a pre-game cocktail. Service was great and food items that were delivered looked really good. (we were not hungry so didn't try anything!) After the game we enjoyed a night-cap at the Red-Kitchen Bar area. Very nice but a bit pricey.

Next time we are in town I think we will go to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in the hotel. This is a really nice dining option if you have time.

Would definitely stay here again if the rates are competetive. No complaints at all.

1 Thank xplq
Thank you xplq, for giving our hotel a fantastic 5-Star rating! Great comments, I will certainly share all of them with our hard-working team members. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your next stay.