“Excellent Baked Goods”

Neighborhood: The Hill
Jefferson City, MO
“Excellent Baked Goods”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a place far off the beaten path where only those who really know the Hill know about. It has some of the best baked goods you're likely to find in St. Louis. They make Cuchidati, Italian Cream Cake, various flavored pound cakes, strawberry cakes, pineapple cakes filled with whipped cream, and of course, cannoli that is to die for. We had the cannoli and the tira mi su. Each was wonderful in its own right. My wife liked the cuchidati so well she told me I couldn't have any. It was all hers! If you're in town for lunch try Charlie Gittos for lunch, but save room for a cannoli from the Missouri Baking Company. You'll be darned glad you did!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank DeWitt65101

“Gooey Butter Cake”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our last day in St Louis and we hadn't tried the Gooey Butter Cake yet which was recommended in several articles I read. Fortunately we noticed Missouri Baking Company after we had lunch at Zia's. We bought the cake and they were kind enough to wrap it up so I could carry it on the airplane. It was in great shape when we got home and we enjoyed a piece of it - delicious. My husband is bring the rest to his office to share with his friends so they can experience the Gooey Butter Cake too.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Terry B
Valley Park, Missouri
“Yummy for my tummy!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I love this place? I bought a whole Key Lime Pie, a dozen cookies, 2 cupcakes and a couple of muffins. I thought for sure my bill would be at least $40 bucks but to my surprise my bill was only $26. Goodies goodies goodies!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jessica M
Decorah, Iowa
“very nice bakery on the Hill”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I lived in St. Louis for several years but never knew of this bakery until a recent return trip. We stopped early on a Sunday morning -- a very good time to visit -- and took home a couple of loaves of bread (outstanding) and a blueberry pound cake (moist and delicious). We didn't have time to sample other treats, but our mouths were watering as soon as we stepped in the door. It's places like this that make us seriously consider The Hill as a place to retire some day.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank thomda01
Harrisville, Utah
“Cannoli Cannoli Cannoli”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a must stop for any trip to STL!!! I LOVE a good cannoli and these guys have the best!! They also have a huge variety of other treats from cookies to pastries to breads. Don't leave town without stopping! Oh, and bring cash!

• Visited March 2014