“Great pastries”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: The Hill
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Get there early! All of the Italian restaurants pick up their bread by 8 AM. The little italian cookies were fabulous, buy an assortment to take home. The peach pound cake was excellent. I had a blueberry muffin for breakfast, that was as good as EinsteinBros. A great selection of pastries as well.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We found this bakery when riding through the Hill area while on vacation. The place was packed but it was worth the wait. We ordered a couple of cherry pecan crisps which were so awesome - tart cherries, pecans and cinnamon. YUM! We also ordered these cookies that were available in chocolate or plain (white) which seemed to have nuts, cinnamon and cloves along with a great texture. These were my favorite! I think they were called crocante (I'm sure it's mispelled). What a nice little bakery!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Two words, Shampa "horns of the devil" and riccotta cannoli. Call in the morning to have them reserve your shampa (s) or they will be gone by 1 p.m. The cannoli are the best in the city, and are amazing. The texture and crust of all of the Italian breads are wonderful, but the shampa has 8 horns, so they is more crispy, chewy crust. I cannot resist.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We learned of this little gem from some friends who asked us to bring them back a box of Amarillo Macaroons. The old fashion bakery reminds me of the Highland Bakery in Des Moines when I grew up. They seem to have more emphasis here on their cookies which have a real cult following. My wife really liked the coffee. She wants to see if she can buy some to take home next time we're back for a visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are from the East Coast and currently live in a town in the Midwest that doesn't have Italian cookies like Missouri Baking Company! OMG! They have these amaretto cookies that are a consistency of a snickerdoodle.....so delicious....we bought 3 lbs of them! Don't know how long they'll last though