“very disappointed”

Soulard Farmers Market
Ranked #40 of 254 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Soulard Market is the oldest farmers market west of the Mississippi established in 1779 and is open Wednesday-Saturday. We have 13 local farmers, 1 organic farmer, a florist and spice shop, lots of food and a bunch of produce vendors that handle local and shipped in goods. The market also carries a variety of other general merchandise like shirts, jewelry, incense, sports memorabilia, hand made soaps, carpet, photography and hand made crafts. We are open 52 weeks a year.
Dickson, TN
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very disappointed”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

we stopped @ Soulard Farmers Market on Thurs Oct 4th, on our way out of St Louis, I was very disappointed...........hopefully it was not the time of year to go there, there were some vegetable stands, a spice shop, not alot was open. Have no desire to return here.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank CardinalFanFromTN

• Korean first
Creve Coeur, MO
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Thursdays Could Be Better...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ever since we moved to St. Louis everyone kept telling me to go here. It was fun and the area is quaint, but there just weren't that many vendors out. I went on a Thursday morning and was a little disappointed. I would say that only 1/5 of the booths were open. BUT the quality of the food I bought along with the prices were excellent. I enjoyed the meat market and other "inside" shops too. I plan on going back on a Saturday, hopefully I can get a feel for the true farmer's market experience. :-)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank stlmommyof3
Saint Robert, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“pretty good”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place is a must if in the area. Great produce (great prices) and fresh pastas (way overpriced). Its neat to walk around and check the place out but dont expect anything other than produce and food.

Marysville, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I LOVE this place.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In Seattle we have the PIKE Place market, and I must say the Soulard Farmers Market kicks Pike Place Market backside. Why? Real food at great prices. This is not a tourist trap overpriced market, this is a working man's market where great values can be found on produce, cheese, meats, breads and other things. Also for $4 you can get a good Bloody Mary to enjoy the market with.

The reason this place jazzes me up so much is it honestly is a great shopping value! I've come away with bags of produce, cheese and bread for $10-15 bucks. While Seattle's Pike Place is nice, it ain't cheap.

This marketplace is what farmer's markets are supposed to be. If you visit St.Louis, go to the market, get some stuff, head to forest park and enjoy a picnic.

1 Thank lggilmore
Saint Louis, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great variety farmer's market”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Visit the Soulard farmer's market Wednesday-Saturday for a fun, city farmer's market experience. It's really hopping on Friday and Saturday. Since 1841 the market has had two main buildings. Around 150 vendor stalls are located in and around these buildings. The market offers locally grown and shipped in goods including meats, cheeses, bakery items and produce. Prices vary considerably so take a stroll through the market first and go back to get your produce, flowers, spices and other goods.