“always pretty fun”

Saint Louis Science Center
Ranked #15 of 263 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With the mission "to ignite and sustain lifelong science and technology learning", the Saint Louis Science Center is one of the top five science centers in the United States, and has been named one of the Top 10 Science Centers for Families by Parents Magazine and one of America's most visited museums by Forbes Traveler Magazine. The complex includes over 96,000 sq-ft of interactive science-technology exhibits that are part of the Science Center's free general admission. The most recent major permanent exhibit is GROW, a one-acre outdoor exhibit that will take visitors on a journey of food, to gain a deeper understanding of our food supply. The Science Center's ticketed areas include the OMNIMAX, a four-story IMAX Dome theater; the James S. McDonnell Planetarium, one of the world's largest planetariums; and the Discovery Room, an activity area for families with younger children.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Austin, Texas
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“always pretty fun”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only reason I gave this an average this time is bc we have been here so many times and this year we went to the Chicago Science Museum and of course that tops all science museums. But don't get me wrong this is a really fun museum! We come here usually to purchase the science museum memberships that get you into other ones virtually free like the Chicago ones. ITs really the way to go for a large family of 7 bc these museums can get costly. This particular one is free and that's why its such a hit. We like this one too bc even though its way smaller than some, it still has a lot of hands on things to do albeit things are getting a tad older and a little dirtier. But the staff here is really nice. We got tickets to see the Butterfly Imax and the Planetarium (it came free w/the membership ;) and that was a really fun experience for the littler ones. Yes most of the stuff was geared towards older kids but my teen still enjoyed pretending to extract fake blood in the lab. The littler ones liked the dino area :) THe parking is overly priced but we always found one right by the street and took a short walk to it. I wouldn't leave it there at night though but for a short couple hours, it works. We still like the bridge that overlooks down to the freeway below-that's always a hit for our family. All in all a must for first timers and to get family passes!

Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
Bedford, Ohio
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Amazing family experience... for an amazing price!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wow! This is a must-see experience for families. We visited with our grandsons (3 and 4) and kids. We were very surprised to find that there is NO entry fee! You pay for the special exhibits and experiences that you want, such as the Omnimax or flight simulator or Lego Mindstorms. Our son has a membership to our science museum and this allowed him and his family free access to the "kid zone" and free parking. The little boys loved the hands-on area. There are numerous hands-on activities, a giant Rube Goldberg machine, and access to the planetarium. Truly something for everyone.

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family trip”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very educational. But caters to older children. My 2 year old lost interest quickly. 7 year old loved it. Dug for dino bones for 30 minutes. There are activities for the two year old, but other tourist attractions have more for him. However, this is a free visit so it is worth the trip, especially for older children. We visited the Omnimax, flight of the butterflies, too. I had to leave, because my two year old freaked out. But the others really liked it. So if education is your goal and your kids are say 5 to 14, this is a must.

Lenoir City, Tennessee
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun for everyone”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to Missouri with some friends all i heard about was this science center.There is a parking fee of 10$ but the center is free to get in so i wasn't expecting much. Boi was i wrong the first thing i saw was a life size t-Rex roaring Im a big kid at heart so yes i took my pic with Rexe.there is 3 stories a Dino,space,Egyptian exhibits. planetarium i max and so so much more.we went back to catch the movie in the dome amazing!!i will be going back again i can go on all day about this museum the only thing left to say is.Its fun for the hole family or the ones of us that's just a big kid at heart

Eagle River, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“10.00 parking fee. Worth it. Free to get in.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took my boyfriend to the Science center to check out all the neat attractions I heard about it while looking online for our vacation. It has the most adorable camels out front, the theater is inside, the massive amount of workshops that are available were great, the inside attractions were impressive, they even had a build a dino which my boyfriend wouldn't let me go do. :) I am a nerd, loved every moment!