“Nicest fans and people on earth”
Review of Busch Stadium

Busch Stadium
Ranked #5 of 258 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This stadium is one of the most visible symbols of St. Louis' success.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Nicest fans and people on earth”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I traveled from Pittsburgh to see the Cards and the Pirates in game two of the NLDS. The cards fans everywhere we went congratulated us on our season, bought us drinks, high fived us and gave us props for traveling see our team. My wife and I have been to a good few away balparks and nvere received this kind of reception. Fans even came up to us after the game to congratulate us on our big win and wish us luck for the rest of the series. The staduim is beautiful. My recomendation is to get seats on the 3rd base kine because it has better views of the Arch. The onky flaw to this parks design is the fact you can not see the field from the concessions.

Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a great place to watch Americas' game!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am proud to state that I was among the privileged to have opened up this fine stadium several years ago. What a great baseball town. 3,000,000 plus fans this past season--again. Destined to be a storied structure where baseball immortals played and visited. It is certainly a comforting experience to be among kindred spirits who intimately know and understand, the strategies and nuances of this game called BASEBALL. Not a bad seat in the place and not too many empty ones either. These teams, fielding millionares, savor the opportunity to play to the crowds here, quickly losing their embarassment playing in near empty tombs back home. The food here is great and Busch Stadium, attempting to draw in families on practical budgets, allows for fans to bring in their own food and drink. Now that's smart marketing! The beer prices are outrageous though, particularly in the shadows of the historic brewery and the parks namesake. Save your money. Purchase of $8.75 for a $1.25 beer calls into question your sanity and instantly negates your argument against Obamacare costs. The view of the Arch and the Old Courthouse is just the cherry on top. Best seats in the house--Section 450--a great view of the entire field--the ability to call the balls and strikes--and an occasional breeze when others in the more expensive seats are sweltering from the residual heat that emminates from the playing field and sun soaked seats of the lower levels. Believe me I know what I'm talking about. And in the occational rainstorm that blows in--you're covered by the pavillion roofing. Enjoy, John Irving III

Visited October 2013
Hurst, Tx
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best place on earth to watch a baseball game”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you like baseball, this is a ballpark you must visit. Visiting here a couple times turned us into Cardinal fans. It's a great ballpark in a great city.

The ballpark itself is nice and well maintained. Its kept clean, which isn't the case at all the ballparks we've visited. The view of downtown St. Louis is good from most seats. (the arch, old courthouse etc)

Everything is labeled well and it's easy to find seats. The restroom and concessions lines aren't excessively long. The ballpark is located in downtown St. Louis, parking is easy to find and there are lots of restaurants, bars and hotels close by. Concourses aren't overly crowded and the crowd is very polite. Overall, this is one of the more comfortable ballparks I've been to in spite of the huge crowds.

Tell City, Indiana, United States
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Our 10th St.Louis Cardinals' baseball game for 2013”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a goal to see 10 St. Louis Cardinals baseball games this year. We made it!! Out of the 10, 8 were in St. Louis! The other two were in Chicago . Let's just say there is no place like home...Busch Stadium. Chicago can have that old stadium. I love that Busch has it going on in between innings. I love the Kiss Cam, the Cardinal cheer girls shooting out free t-shirts,and the fact that Busch is presently improving this stadium. You can see the work going on when the game is in play. I watched them finish bricking up a wall by the new rooftop seating in Cardinal Nation! I loved getting a homerun batting practice baseball ,that my husband got during Nationals batting practice, signed by Jason Motte. And I got my pic taken with him!! I wish him well...in his recovery from Tommy Jon surgery. My husband & I have so many fond memories here now!! I love that they have freebies when you enter the doors...we received : Christmas in July Christmas stockings, luggage tags, jerseys,etc. GO CARDINALS !!! Win us a World Series!

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great place to watch baseball”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to a game against the Mariners on a Friday night. The stadium wasn't full but it was a great atmosphere with most of the game on a knife-edge. The fans are very one-eyed, but friendly as the same time. The facilities, food and staff were also quite good. It's in a great spot with the view of the city behind the stadium - very pretty.