“All day attraction!”
Review of The Magic House

The Magic House
Ranked #10 of 271 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: This fun-filled attraction offers kids many hands-on learning activities and provides a special area for younger children.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The magic house is for young and old, it is for the young in heart. You can do most of the things they have within two hours. I could also easily see 3 to 4 hours. I recommend submitting an order for your lunch at the Picnic Basket before lunch and then you will have it when you are ready. It is a fun place to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to Magic House last fall and my then 8-year old son really enjoyed it. Lots of fun hands-on stuff for kids. I'd say it's best for 4- to 10 year olds

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had no clue there was so much to see and do. Educational-fun in each and every activity. Geared more for younger children but still interesting for every age.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were unsure of what to expect at this attraction, and honestly all were kind of dreading it with the exception of our 9 yo girl who was ecstatic and the only reason we were going. :)

I have to say - we all had fun! We visited both sides - the Blue & Red sides.
-The mystery to solve is very fun in the beginning, until you get into the secret lab area. They only have one computer and one microscope to figure out the necessary clues back there, and we waiting for more than 30 minutes EACH to try to nab that machine to finish our guessing (and most using it were NOT playing the game). This was the ONLY annoyance at this attraction however, so after giving up and moving on we were still happy people :)
-My 9 yo loved the construction site, and also enjoyed being President and a Judge for a few short moments (a picture of course!) She also liked climbing the big tree between the floors, and actually squealed with a "whoa! What's THIS!" at the machine that sucks in cloth balls and blows them out of different holes at you depending on the way you make the air go. That was worth the cost right there.
-Our 15 and 18 yo girls enjoyed the blue side the best - especially the physical fitness room, were you can test your flexibility, endurance and strength. My ballerina girl was disappointed that the balance machine was broken. We all enjoyed the educational experiences in the room with morse code deciphering, and the room with smells, color blind testing, etc. My 9 yo LOVED having here hair stand on end in the electricity room. We didn't make it down to the basement for the bubbles and pet area, but we ran out of time! We honestly didn't think we'd be there that long.

All in all, it is set up for the most enjoyment to be had for ages 12 and under, but there is something to do for every age. My mother also attended and did enjoy it. We would all go back (maybe my 18 yo wouldn't, at this age, but she did enjoy some of the activities :) )

Very clean, not dingy like some children's museums, which we greatly appreciated. Very well staffed and very nice staff! Great gift shop, even a restaurant on site (that we did not try). This is a gem for all the young at heart in St. Louis! Probably the best Children's Museum I've ever been to.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My 16 month old may be young, but she had a lot of fun at this place. They have 3 floors of activities for kids to do. Heck, I felt like I was a kid again playing with some of the things in there. Ha! Seriously though, I recommend this for kids at least 5 years and up to really enjoy what they have. But for the younger ones they have an area designated just for them which my little girl loved.