“Most Amazing Children's Museum I've Even Seen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 233 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: This fun-filled attraction offers kids many hands-on learning activities and provides a special area for younger children.
New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Most Amazing Children's Museum I've Even Seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Really - I live in NY and thought we had a great children's museum, but Magic House is SPECTACULAR. My understanding from my husband, who grew up in STL, is that it's changed and grown significantly, so if you haven't gone in a while, you will be thrilled. The place is huge and there are so many things to see - the exhibits range in sophistication so that there is something for older and younger kids. We went to the Magic House part of the museum last and I wish we'd gone first. It's the best area of the younger kids - there is a whole magical village with lots of different rooms to play in and trees to climb. There is also a massive water table. For older kids, there was a spy adventure that was fabulous, where you follow clues and solve a mystery. Our kids also loved the music exhibits and sports room. I really can't say enough about good things about this place. Our kids keep asking to go back to STL just to return to Magic House!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank SaStrau

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A must have Membership for any St. Louisan with young kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

When my daughter and I first moved to the Kirkwood area, I was thrilled to find that not only was the Magic house from my youth still alive and well, but more importantly just like me it had grown a bit. It is no longer just an uber sciencey place for a school field trip, but it is also a fun place to just kill a few hours on a random Tuesday afternoon.

If you can visit more than once or twice a year I suggest you get an annual membership. It pays for itself very quickly, and

Visited July 2012
Norris City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great for kids of all ages, granddaughter loved it. Only 2 so a lot of it was a little too complicated for her but she still enjoyed most of it. Will take her back when older.

Visited September 2012
United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Childrens Place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The fun is unbelieveable for kids. Even 2-3 year olds can find something exciting. Kids 4 and older will surely think it is the best place they have ever been. Parents may not think so because of the mass of kids, but go early in the day for smaller crowds.

Visited May 2012
Columbia, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“kiddo had a blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really like that they had an area dedicated to small kids so I didn't feel like my son was going to get trampled. Would like to see more audio/visual exibits - my kid is really into music, and there wasn't a good place for him to experiment with fun and different music.

Visited November 2012