“Best Museum for Kids”
Review of The Magic House

The Magic House
Ranked #11 of 275 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: This fun-filled attraction offers kids many hands-on learning activities and provides a special area for younger children.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Magic House is wonderful. They keep adding on to the facilities. There is an area designed for young children (under 6, I believe.) One of the newest additions is the Beanstalk. The Beanstalk goes from the lowest level of the building to the top and the children climb up and down it. It is my grandchildren's favorite. There is much to love about this place. Your children/grandchildren will want to come back. Plan to spend several hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I agree with all the other 2 ratings. This place is a mad house with rude, unsupervised children running amuck. My daughter was pushed, stepped on, hit and got cut in fron tof in line several times. i felt like I was on the defensive the entire time. I could not wait to get out of there. This place really wasn't for me. My daughter did like a lot of things there to do but she also did not like the mayhem.

1  Thank lisa b
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I work for another museum and will recommend this one with my museum. BOOTHEEL YOUTH MUSEUM,!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

From the outside it is very unasuming, and then you enter the doors and your senses awaken to the awkwardness of what awaits. From climbing a vine floor to floor (instead of the kids using the stairs) to the secret vent escape that ends in a loopy slide, this house had it all! We spent an entire day looking at everything we could, and my daughter's favorite, or should I say two favorites, were the muliti-level twirl slide and the static ball that stood her hair on end (we got a great picture of it!) She was 5 at the time, and had we tried all that was available to us, we would have needed an extra day or so. My only complaint would be the soapy bubble room...the exibits could use a good cleaning...and new bubble soap. My favorite part was the mini town that included everything from a fishing pond, to a pizza eatery, to the kids being able to dress up as doctors and deliever babies and then print out a birth certificate (certificate was free of charge!!) A must for any family looking to keep the kids occupied for a rainy day, or any day for that matter. We didn't get to see what the outside had to offer as the weather wasn't the best yet, so I look forward to visiting again and seeing what we missed.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

our kids really love it, but I'm not a fan. the prices are high and I think there are plenty of places that offer more that are free or offer more for the money