“Really surprising!”

Missouri Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 266 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis was founded in 1859 by Henry Shaw. Today, the Garden is a National Historic Landmark and a center for science, conservation, education and horticultural display - widely considered one of the top three botanical gardens in the world. It features 79 acres of horticultural displays, including indoor conservatories and demonstration, formal and international gardens.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I've been to quite a few botanical gardens, usually meeting with some protest from my family (I've got a reluctant hubby and younger kiddos). So when in St. Louis I figured I was pushing my luck when we scheduled a visit to the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Well, they ended up being one of the highlights!! So beautiful. So unpretentious. So many little surprises around every corner. And the Children's Garden was absolutely, absolutely fabulous. Our kids scampered all over, checking out rope bridges, a paddlewheel boat, a cave, etc, etc! We spent more time there than we planned for and just overall had a blast. And of course, the Chihuly glass displays were to die for. Would definitely go back again if we are ever in St. Louis! All of us would!

1  Thank Rbrowneyed
There are newer reviews for Missouri Botanical Garden

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Easily one of the best botanical gardens I have ever seen. Lovely paths,huge variety of plants to see,all well labeled. Excellent lunch at Sassafras restaurant. Free parking and free admission for us as reciprocal deal with Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.

1  Thank Docbox11
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Botanical Garden is a showpiece on the south side of St. Louis. Go a little north and west to "The Hill" for a great Italian dinner afterwards. We were there Labor Day weekend while the Japanese Festival was going on, which had good food and terrific displays of Japanese drumming, but even when there's nothing going on it's a wonder. it is worth the walk to the back of the park to see their stupendous Japanese garden.

1  Thank Rakuflames314
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I live near here and have a membership. It is well worth your time to visit at any season.
There are many things to see-even in the winter time!. The Japanese Garden uses snow in the winter as a decoration! There are gardens from around the world including a children 's
garden! The climatron gives you a tropical experience all year round. They do research here and there are displays to be seen. If we would stop fighting and build gardens instead,this would be paradise on earth.

1  Thank rbell63303
Reviewed September 12, 2011

A local friend invited me and my children to visit the Garden with her and her children in the early part of June this year. It was a wonderful day. The Gardens are well kept and have interesting plant and flower compilations. My kids LOVED the Children's garden and especially the splash pad! My favorite part was the Chihuly installations that were scattered all over the garden and provided gorgeous pops of color throughout! All in all a wonderful visit and a must for any visitors to St. Louis!