“One of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Missouri Botanical Garden

Missouri Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis was founded in 1859 by Henry Shaw. Today, the Garden is a National Historic Landmark and a center for science, conservation, education and horticultural display - widely considered one of the top three botanical gardens in the world. It features 79 acres of horticultural displays, including indoor conservatories and demonstration, formal and international gardens.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
St. Charles,Mo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I live near here and have a membership. It is well worth your time to visit at any season.
There are many things to see-even in the winter time!. The Japanese Garden uses snow in the winter as a decoration! There are gardens from around the world including a children 's
garden! The climatron gives you a tropical experience all year round. They do research here and there are displays to be seen. If we would stop fighting and build gardens instead,this would be paradise on earth.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank rbell63303

• Korean first
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Gardens!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

A local friend invited me and my children to visit the Garden with her and her children in the early part of June this year. It was a wonderful day. The Gardens are well kept and have interesting plant and flower compilations. My kids LOVED the Children's garden and especially the splash pad! My favorite part was the Chihuly installations that were scattered all over the garden and provided gorgeous pops of color throughout! All in all a wonderful visit and a must for any visitors to St. Louis!

Visited June 2011
Godfrey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“One of our favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I visit the Garden several times a year. We've been there in all seasons and all kinds of weather. Rain or shine, snow or heat, there is always something incredibly beautiful to enjoy.

I must confess that I know little about plants and things, but I appreciate the beauty and peacefulness nonetheless. I am also fascinated by the ways the Garden uses the space so cleverly that it seems endless. My wife, who is far more knowledgeable than I, derives great pleasure from the Garden as well.

Sometimes on summer holiday weekends the Garden can be uncomfortably crowded, but the rest of the time that's not a problem. Visits at off-peak hours can be particularly peaceful.

I love to feed the coi in the Japanese Garden's lake and try to remember to bring a pocket of quarters to buy fish food. Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated by the Climatron - how do they fit all that in a finite space? More recently we've discovered the secluded benches in the English Garden. My wife in particular loves to sit in the pavillion at the Butterfly garden. We try to get to the Orchid show each winter, and when schedules permit, the Japanese Festival on Labor Day weekend. (Where, by the way, you can get some awesome sushi!)

When we got married we bought basic Garden memberships and I've been pleased to find that they include reciprocal admittance to many, many other Botaanical Gardens in the world. For example, we've used it to gain admission to gardens in Chicago and Cleveland and Los Angeles. We also use it to visit the delightful Butterfly House in Faust Park, which recently became associated with the Garden, and the vast Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit.

As I said, I know next to nothing about plants (I'm learning slowly, however!) so my enjoyment is mostly limited to enjoying the peace and beauty of the Garden, but since we've been other places as well I can say with modest authority that the Missouri Botanical Garden is the nicest overall, and I'm proud to have it so near my home.

2 Thank Brad A
Louisville, KY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife is a gardener, and we had visited various botanical garden facilities in Cincinnati and Indianapolis, but the St Louis Botanical Garden must be the best in the world. Of course, there is far more than gardens to it. It is a wonderland of places, views, vistas, lakes, and special climate structures. One should allow a whole day to see it all. There is a very good and reasonable restaurant in the main building.

2 Thank vintage42
Coastal Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice Gardens”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We enjoyed the gardens just as we have enjoyed other gardens, I can't say there is anything particular that stands out here, but they were very nice. They stay open late on Wednesdays, so after my husband got off of work that night, we went to the gardens. One thing they fail to tell you, the gardens may stay open, but everything else closes at 5 so don't expect to get to see everything if you are going after 5. Luckily for us we were there at 4 so we did get to see a few of the items in the other buildings. We'd visit again - during business hours. Oh, and after hours, admission is half.