“Creative Concept, Lots of Fun for Kids and Adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of City Museum

City Museum
Ranked #4 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't take the name so literally. We're about fun. Not your white walls, walk around, and be quiet museum. If you want to climb around, get active with your kids or are a big kid at heart, we're the place. If you get freaked out easily, you might not want to come. We're four floors filled with miles of tunnels, a full cave system, over 30 slides, a circus, an arts area, a large outdoor climbing space, Architectural Museum, a Cabin that serves adult beverages, a Museum of Mayhem, Mirth and Mystery, and a ton more. Also, there's the roof with a Ferris Wheel and a bus hanging off its edge.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 410 helpful votes
“Creative Concept, Lots of Fun for Kids and Adults”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Let artists loose in a warehouse with lots of salvaged materials and this is what you get: airplanes suspended three stories above the ground ready for exploration; a school bus hanging off the roof; a salvaged pipe organ; tunnels; slides; even a vintage clothing shop. My family and I found this a fantastic experience, creatively done, something of interest around every corner. We spent four hours at the City Museum and could have stayed longer. Definitely pay the extra money for the roof experience--ferris wheel, great slide, water feature, a dome with a swing and for climbing. Wow. I've traveled to a lot of places around the world and seen a lot of things, but this is definitely one of my favorites. Not to be missed.

• Korean first
home
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“best thing in st louis for kids”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

was an incredible adventure for the kids. the parents had a had time keeping up. it is crowded but a great time.

Columbia, Missouri
“Fun - Even for Grownups”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I wish this "museum" would have been around when I was a child. I would have had a blast as a kid. But it's still great, even as an adult. I went with a group of 20-30 year olds and we all had a great time. We only paid regular admission, so I can't comment on the extra areas. I also didn't spend any time playing outside because it was about 90 degrees out, though many people were playing out there, despite the heat. The caves were my favorite part. We went on a Saturday, so everything was really crowded and, though there definitely is air conditioning, it got pretty hot in some parts, what with the crowds and the physical exertion. The upstairs is fun too - you can make crafts or play vintage arcade games (for about a quarter a piece). Overall, it was great. But to make it the most enjoyable, wear comfortable clothes - if you don't want burns from the enormous slide, wear pants or long shorts and wear tennis-shoes. Don't wear sandals as it might make some areas slippery. I noted some reviews about the museum being dirty, and I would like to say that we had no problem with excessive filth.

Northeast Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great fun for kids and grown-ups too”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The City Museum was recommended to us by another traveler who couldn't say enough about this place. My husband and I were traveling alone and weren't sure about going to a "children's museum", but I have to admit we had great fun. We must have said "We have to bring the kids to this place" about a hundred times while we were there. I agree that the level of cleanliness could be improved, but if I was a kid above the age of eight, I would think this place was awesome. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes and be prepared to move, crawl, and explore. We will definitely return!

“Very neat...but we have small children...”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Very neat...but we have small children and decided to go on a Fri after 7 and there is no supervision and feels as if it is a free for all......maybe different during day...but the concept is very,very interesting