“Wear Your Knee Pads”
Review of City Museum

City Museum
Ranked #4 of 263 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't take the name so literally. We're about fun. Not your white walls, walk around, and be quiet museum. If you want to climb around, get active with your kids or are a big kid at heart, we're the place. If you get freaked out easily, you might not want to come. We're four floors filled with miles of tunnels, a full cave system, over 30 slides, a circus, an arts area, a large outdoor climbing space, Architectural Museum, a Cabin that serves adult beverages, a Museum of Mayhem, Mirth and Mystery, and a ton more. Also, there's the roof with a Ferris Wheel and a bus hanging off its edge.
Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wear Your Knee Pads”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place for adults and kids alike! Wish I'd have brought my knee pads for all the crawling around through all the area with my grandkids. We'll definitely be back. Well worth the price. The kids didn't enjoy the world aquarium as much as I thought so not sure it was worth it. Personal opinion only tho.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Parker, Colorado, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing!!! A definite "must see" for families!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We did not know what to expect when we visited the City Museum and I'm still not sure how to describe it, except for amazing! There is something for everyone we brought our 4 teenagers but we saw toddlers and granparents having a wonderful time. The kids can climb and slide down chutes and secret passage ways, across suspended airplanes and fire truck ladders, under the building and throught the floors of this old shoe factory. From what I could tell, everything in the museum was refurbished from somewhere, conveyer belts, bread pans, railroad spikes, tile (reminded me of Gaudi's work in Barcelona), old engines, old printing press plates..... there was something to see everywhere you looked and beneath all that was somewhere to climb across or slide down. They actually sell knee pads for children and adults in the gift shop. There was an exhibit on urban artifacts that showed bottles, marbles, dishes, etc thrown away during the 1800's and early 1900's. We were at the museum for several hours and there was sooooo much more to see.

Cannelburg, Indiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Most awesome architecturally intriguing amazing fun ever!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We LOVED this place. It is artsy and fun at the same time. The 12 story slide was awesome! There are so many amazing slides, caves, art, and unbelievable things to do in this place. It is a must see for all families.

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“One of the best in the country”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been to a lot of kids museums and science museums around the U.S. There is nothing like City Museum. Not even close. My kids are teenagers so I can go off on my own through the maze of tunnels and slides and not chase them around. I've been 3 times and pretty sure I haven't seen a lot of it. Each time I go they are working on something new. I have gotten nearly stuck in crazy pitch dark tunnels and cages 50 feet in the air. You can just sit around and enjoy the artistry and design of the place when you get tired. It's crazy fun. And crazy scary at times. And I think the admission prices are fair. if you thought you never had a good reason to spend in St. Louis, you do now. It's worth a plane flight.

1 Thank getrad13
St. Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday bash”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

For our son's 5th birthday we rented a party room and let the kids go. Circus, Museum of Mirth, and skate park were thoroughly enjoyed. We ordered pizzas (you can't bring any food) and ate cake. At first we worried that the cost of the room wasn't worth it since the kids spent all of 15 minutes in there, but in the end it was handy to have a place to call our own where we could refuel, sit and relax for a few, and leave coats, presents and cameras.

Visited March 2013