“excellent location for kids.”
Review of City Museum

City Museum
Ranked #8 of 275 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't take the name so literally. We're about fun. Not your white walls, walk around, and be quiet museum. If you want to climb around, get active with your kids or are a big kid at heart, we're the place. If you get freaked out easily, you might not want to come. We're four floors filled with miles of tunnels, a full cave system, over 30 slides, a circus, an arts area, a large outdoor climbing space, Architectural Museum, a Cabin that serves adult beverages, a Museum of Mayhem, Mirth and Mystery, and a ton more. Also, there's the roof with a Ferris Wheel and a bus hanging off its edge.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

my 9-year-old boy loved it. We have nothing like this place in souther california and I wish we did. I will definitely go back again when visiting St. Louis.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,614)
All reviews
in 57 reviews
"young at heart"
in 60 reviews

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I took my nephews and they had a great time climbing around outside while I checked out all the fun things inside. It's so unique.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I cannot believe that I have been to St. Louis over and over and have never been to this museum. This place is perhaps that coolest place in the world. I have genuinely never seen anything like it in all my travels. I am... um... closing in on 40 in the next few years and I had just as much fun as a five year old. The 16-year-old with me and I both ripped holes in our pants scooting, sliding, crawling and twisting through the concrete and iron jungles. We stayed for three hours and could have stayed for three more. Pointers... we got there right at opening and it paid off. It didn't get really busy until noon. Check the website... they stay open late on some weekends and all night on others. Wear sturdy sneakers to be safest climbing. Be sure to take gloves during cold days for the outdoor MonstroCity. The metal is so cold that it nearly gives you freezer burn on your skin as you hold on... and you MUST hold on. I agree, this place IS dangerous but oh so worth the risk.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went to the CIty Museum with my wife and two grown sons. It actually looks like a fantastic place for kids. I'm giving it a low score because, based on other reviews here plus what the ticket seller told us, we were led to believe that it was great fun for adults as well. I have to disagree, and feel that we wasted our money. Unless you think you might enjoy climbing in a giant jungle gym or sliding down a big slide, I would not recommend it for grown-ups. Some of the exhibits, like the room of architectural features, were interesting but not worth the admission ($12). We didn't do the aquarium ($6 more).