“Nice place to take a breather”

St. Louis Union Station
Ranked #17 of 63 Shopping in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Louis Union Station combines historic elegance with modern and stunning detail. Luxury hotel rooms, breathtaking wedding venues as well as an expansive and modern conference areas, leave nothing to be desired. Union Station is and will be a future top tier family friendly destination boasting a one of a kind aquarium, a 200 foot Ferris wheel and many other unforgettable family attractions.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is an historic place with lots to see. It is fun to read about the station and how it has seen change over the years. There are some shopping opportunities but many of the shops were closed during our visit. It is always fun to watch them make fudge and try a sample of their wares. The venue is clean and safe with lots of space to walk.

All reviews
"mo"
"window"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Shops and dinning with decent prices but a lot of the stores are empty compared to previous years, seems to be going downhill but we were still able to find some Cardinals items for decent prices.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was not very impressed with the Union Station. I remember about 10 years ago when it was much better. The station itself is interesting for the history and design. The mall if you will call it is lacking stores. There are several of the same type of stores, and many empty stores. There are several restaurants on the 2nd level but they are common St Louis food, such as subway and some Japanese and Chinese which are located in many of the area malls. There is also a burger joint. The parking prices are average for downtown, and probably high for what the mall has, if you use the parking structure on the south side of the mall. The koi are amazing, and almost act like they are starving, we fed them from one of the food dispensers. The fish literally were fighting each other for the few pieces of food we were tossing in. The pond seemed overstocked, as you threw food the fish swam closer to the shore area. Our child was very impressed with fish feeding and was more interested in them than the mall. I will say I did feel safe, there was a security officer at one entrance and I noticed another couple doing a walk through. We also passed a St Louis Metro Police officer walking through as well.

2  Thank MikeD587
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Especially if you are looking for a cardinals store downtown (an not at the stadium) check out union station. There are several decent stores and a wide variety of photo ops. Make sure you check out the hotel lobby (especially at Christmas). If you want to eat here, I recommend Landry's.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I enjoyed the feel of history there. Walking through the station that has now been converted to shops and restaurants, I could imagine the hustle and bustle it once had with travelers coming through. My Mom, sister, and I caught the train there (which I don't remember I was so young) in the 1940's to go visit my Dad when he was in the army. I thought Landry's, Hard Rock Cafe, the koi fish, the hotel, the fountain across from the hotel all helped make it interesting. I would go again.